LSU game time?

GAAubie

5 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

When will the game time be announced/confirmed for the LSU game?

It's 6-12 days in advance depending on if the networks want to use their option to wait. Probably tomorrow we'll know though.

Guessing Bama-Ole Miss gets CBS and we'll be under the lights in Baton Rouge 6 or 6:30 CT.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Guessing Bama-Ole Miss gets CBS and we'll be under the lights in Baton Rouge 6 or 6:30 CT.

Obviously haven't won there since 1999. Haven't won a night game there since 1997. Correct if wrong, I believe the only two night games we've won there are 1993 and 1997.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Viper said:

Obviously haven't won there since 1999. Haven't won a night game there since 1997. Correct if wrong, I believe the only two night games we've won there are 1993 and 1997.

We literally destroyed them in Auburn last year.  If we don't win this year, we could very likely be headed to a losing season.  That means we have to win down there this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

It's 6-12 days in advance depending on if the networks want to use their option to wait. Probably tomorrow we'll know though.

That would mean some drunk corndogs. One night game there for me was enough.

Edited by Proud Tiger

Seems like it's been a minute since we have had a night game down there. CBS always picks it up, but it seems pretty certain that they'll go with Bama Ole Miss. Really looking forward to it 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

We literally destroyed them in Auburn last year.  If we don't win this year, we could very likely be headed to a losing season.  That means we have to win down there this year.

I can't see beating Georgia, so yes, a LSU win is imperative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

We destroyed them in 2002 and 2014 too.  Didn't matter the next season in BR.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

And we signed their turnover machine at QB.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Viper said:

2013 in the monsoon.

You're right. I was actually at that game. Completely soaked and miserable, and we looked pretty bad but did show a lot of fight, which was nice to see after 2012. I do remember some LSU fan saying that he thought we might have something with the read option. Boy was he right. Still amazes me on how far we came from pretty inept in that game to pretty much unstoppable later in the season. Fun times

50 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yep. But those were vastly superior LSU teams. We MUST win this. If we can’t, who can we beat after besides MSU and USCe?

Edited by AUwent

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yep. But those were vastly superior LSU teams. We MUST win this. If we can’t, who can we beat after besides MSU and USCe?

My point was more in line of "What happened last year really doesn't matter in the context of this season".  If it did, then we would have lost the 2013, 2017, and 2019 Iron Bowls because we got demolished the previous years.

Now, I think we actually will win vs LSU and that the SEC West is much more balanced this year overall.

A&M can't play offense worth a damn and playing at Kyle Field is not scary.  We've literally never lost there.

Bama may not be able to stop the run this year and has a QB that looked rattled for three quarters yesterday.

Arkansas is good, but there's still a talent gap there.

LSU is average.

And Ole Miss may be the best of the bunch.  I don't see anyone keeping up with that offense right now.

We aren't a 10 win team by any means.  Probably 8-4 at best.  But we'll absolutely beat someone we shouldn't.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

LSU hasn't done much to warrant consideration for the afternoon slot and Bammer-Ole Sissy is intriguing with the Freshwater/Saban angle along with their play. We proved against PSU the stage isnt too big for this team. They'll be well acclimated to dealing with a drunken LSU crowd. Plus, LSU's offensive line has been abysmal and it might be the medicine we need for our D line.  

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

My point was more in line of "What happened last year really doesn't matter in the context of this season".  If it did, then we would have lost the 2013, 2017, and 2019 Iron Bowls because we got demolished the previous years.

Now, I think we actually will win vs LSU and that the SEC West is much more balanced this year overall.

A&M can't play offense worth a damn and playing at Kyle Field is not scary.  We've literally never lost there.

Bama may not be able to stop the run this year and has a QB that looked rattled for three quarters yesterday.

Arkansas is good, but there's still a talent gap there.

LSU is average.

And Ole Miss may be the best of the bunch.  I don't see anyone keeping up with that offense right now.

We aren't a 10 win team by any means.  Probably 8-4 at best.  But we'll absolutely beat someone we shouldn't.

I've gone out on the ledge, and predicted Ole Sis wins the West. Just sucks that this year when it looks like they have the best chance to knock the turds off their perch that they have to play them in Tuscaloosa. 

Our contest with LSU is still worrisome. It's in Baton Rouge, nuff said, but their passing concepts are really good again and our secondary hasn't slowed anyone down yet. 😬

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Our contest with LSU is still worrisome. It's in Baton Rouge, nuff said, but their passing concepts are really good again and our secondary hasn't slowed anyone down yet. 😬

Add in again that Bo doesn't play well on the road. 

If we can pound it against their D, we will win. That will be our key. Time of possession and moving it on the ground is our best chance.

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

No doubt.  That is why it concerns me.  I think the reason I feel better about it this time is that they don't have the defense they had those years.  Still, they will give us all they have.