My fear is it's too quiet

AUght2win

I don't know if anybody else feels that way. We've lost three straight games. We went from a top 15 team, beating 2 ranked teams and controlling our own destiny in November, to this. We've fallen off a cliff harder than I can remember in quite some time. Add to the fact that recruiting doesn't seem to be going great either.

But it's eerily quiet. Nothing noteworthy of Harsin throwing down the gauntlet or challenging his players. No reports of team leaders showing any desperation. No rumblings of staff changes. Our program feels completely dead.

What's going on? There should be a lot of friction, frustrating, and desperation to stop this skid. I don't see any of it. It's like we're resigned to it. 

I'm not saying Harsin is leaving or getting canned. But it seems like we with what he preaches, he and our program should be teeming with red-faced intensity right now. It's like he's checked out...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

What's going on? There should be a lot of friction, frustrating, and desperation to stop this skid. I don't see any of it. It's like we're resigned to it. 

We are resigned to it.  For most, including myself, the season has gone pretty much as expected.  So, what else is there to discuss?

• Thanks 2

I remember listening to that interview with the former AU and BSU lineman. One thing that stood out was that he said life was hell in the facility the weeks after losses. I'm not sure if Harsin is our answer, but I'm pretty sure he's not smiling in the facility right now.

In terms of the quietness, I think we need to be wary of inside info and sources with this regime. It's not because the insiders are lying or anything. I just think that the potato gang is very tight and have a tight lid on things. We don't even know who alls being recruited. 

• Like 3

No noise from hyperbolic JABA drama: good thing. Very very good thing.

No public vivisection of staff: good professional thing

No (public) bluster and threats implying they will manifest in adrenaline and (previously-unseen) miracles, only to flop again: good thing

No flock of 4-5* recruits running around proclaiming steadfast commitment to Auburn: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Not knowing if the above is a credit to competent/consistent/professional strategy behind the scenes, or ... something less than thatvery unsettling. Let's go with the former.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, e808 said:

If he is such a hard nosed pissed off type of guy. Why not rain down on the refs when ur players are getting screwed over on the field. 

I think because he is a practice what you preach kind of guy, just my guess.  not saying it is right or wrong

I think you see a lot of trust building going on this season with the way Harsin has handled several situations.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

If he is such a hard nosed pissed off type of guy. Why not rain down on the refs when ur players are getting screwed over on the field. 

Brain_ctrl_thurman.gif

Edited by AUx
this is better
  • Haha 1

It is difficult to be excited when Auburn should be playing for the West, against bamr, at home on Saturday. Especially after blowing the State game in such resounding fashion.

The B&Moaners, the I know how to fix it, and now the Drama Queens. What the hell is next...LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

60 Minutes!  We heard this pledge 40 years ago by our beloved PFD. It’s time for our current HC to practice what he’s been preaching ad nauseam this season to no avail.  Give us 60 minutes of real AU football for once this year. 🦅🦅🦅

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shift said:

We are resigned to it.  For most, including myself, the season has gone pretty much as expected.  So, what else is there to discuss?

I'm not talking about the message board.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUx said:

No noise from hyperbolic JABA drama: good thing. Very very good thing.

No public vivisection of staff: good professional thing

No (public) bluster and threats implying they will manifest in adrenaline and (previously-unseen) miracles, only to flop again: good thing

No flock of 4-5* recruits running around proclaiming steadfast commitment to Auburn: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Not knowing if the above is a credit to competent/consistent/professional strategy behind the scenes, or ... something less than thatvery unsettling. Let's go with the former.

Hard to go with the former considering the folks we are talking about dialed up that 4th and 1 bomb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I don't really want to hear anything. I want to see it.

I'd like to hear Mike Bobo is as good as gone. I'm very concerned the entire staff is going to stick around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Hard to go with the former considering the folks we are talking about dialed up that 4th and 1 bomb.

But it worked ... in ........ practice. :banghead:

• Like 1

I think it's being handled perfectly.

I don't want to hear anything, see anything, or any "leaks" of anything, until the season is over! Period. 

In the past, AU has always been about drama. How do you think the term JABA came about?  No more drama! Be professional, courteous, and keep the drama away. That's called a "culture change." I know it's a foreign thing for JABA's, but let's enjoy it and hope it continues.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I'd like to hear Mike Bobo is as good as gone. I'm very concerned the entire staff is going to stick around.

I get what you're saying for sure and my response was really more about actions speaking louder than words. Harsin seemed very no nonsense early on so I hope a lot of serious discussion is going on behind closed doors. Agree on Bobo and have thought it for a while.  Whether he's any good with a full set of tools in his toolbox or not we don't know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I won't be upset, but kiss goodbye Drew and probably Eston Harris. Of course, no recruit is bigger than a program. But both of those two are high ceiling guys in a position of extreme need and desperation. Also gotta think about Geriner. May be worth keeping Bobo around just to develop him. Offense has taken big strides. The second half trend is absolutely unacceptable, and they need to figure it out

This whole “this is what I expected stuff is a load of bullsh*t! Did you expect 6-6? Maybe. But nobody expected us to look like a strong contender all the way through October only to get embarrassed at home by Mississippi St, and then promptly go to SC and get embarrassed there. This is about as bad as you can end a season. And if Harsin can somehow keep excitement alive enough to hold our recruits and pick up some more good ones, I’ll be in complete shock and awe. We have absolutely nothing going for us as a football program right now. All we heard all offseason was that this guy “hates losing”. But his actions say otherwise. His postgame pressers are f’ing ridiculous. He just pretends this crap was all part of his plan somehow. I agree with OP. If this team had the intensity and culture that they were supposed to have under him we’d see it this week and last week. The only attitude I see is a “nothing matters because we can still beat Bama” attitude. Odds are Bama rolls in and shows our guys just how bad things can get if you don’t have a winning attitude. 

The simple fact of the matter is that we have regressed as a football program under Bryan Harsin so far. There is less positivity at this point than there was last year. We are worse in recruiting, and there isn’t even the hope that the AD can make a change and bring us a “home run hire”. Oh and throw in the fact that we’ve had such piss poor roster management that the best player on our team could just up and leave after the season is over and nobody would even blame him.

We are stuck in quick sand and there isn’t a way out if we don’t land some better recruits soon. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I get what you're saying for sure and my response was really more about actions speaking louder than words. Harsin seemed very no nonsense early on so I hope a lot of serious discussion is going on behind closed doors. Agree on Bobo and have thought it for a while.  Whether he's any good with a full set of tools in his toolbox or not we don't know. 

I'm just afraid Harsin won't pull that trigger. The Boise fans have said he will keep assistants for spite. We'll see if it's true. Man, I do NOT want Gus 2.0.

25 minutes ago, au302 said:

I won't be upset, but kiss goodbye Drew and probably Eston Harris. Of course, no recruit is bigger than a program. But both of those two are high ceiling guys in a position of extreme need and desperation. Also gotta think about Geriner. May be worth keeping Bobo around just to develop him. Offense has taken big strides. The second half trend is absolutely unacceptable, and they need to figure it out

Doesn't matter how good the offense is if we absolutely collapse under pressure.

Bobo's fade call at Penn State on 4th and goal. The choke job against Mississippi State. The 4th and 1 call and not even using Tank on the final drive at USC.

There's no recruit or development that is worth a coordinator who is literally costing us games.

• Like 5