Post game - Iron Bowl

AUBwins

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It was actually Harsin who called the play when Boise State beat Oklahoma in the Bowl game. I thought for sure he would go for two.

Exactly, I thought of that too. So far, Harsin has been aggressive when he shouldn't be (4th down call against South Carolina) and not aggressive when he should be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

They did not deserve that win, UA is mediocre team and will get mashed next Saturday. We absolutely blew it 

Disagree. They deserved it. They played hard.  Hung in til the end. Made the plays they had to make. 

our offensive play calling is offensive. We haven’t really had a top tier qb I years, at least one that plays like it in our offense.  Look around the country at the QBs, and ask yourself why would they not come to Auburn

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

At the end we just needed two or three competent offensive plays. Are you able to comprehend that?

Yep, and we didn’t get it done because we have an inferior offensive line and no experienced depth at QB.  We nearly beat 3rd ranked Bama with a team that’s undergoing a major rebuild but didn’t.  It happens, and the sun will almost certainly rise tomorrow.  Are you able to comprehend that?

Edited by gctiger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

Exactly, I thought of that too. So far, Harsin has been aggressive when he shouldn't be (4th down call against South Carolina) and not aggressive when he should be. 

I agree, I wasn’t just hoping he would go for two, I was literally assuring myself he would. It just didn’t happen..

Even when the kicking game was brought on the field, I’m saying to my household: it’s going to be a fake, watch a fake kick is coming up.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Shocked anyone can have such a low opinion of Kobe.

I think he leaves Auburn as the best WR we've had this century 

Hope you are right, I just don’t think he is a WR 1, not sure we have really had one in a long time with Seth being the closest, IMO.  Would love to be wrong!

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Yep, and we didn’t get it done because we have an inferior offensive line and no experienced depth at QB.  We nearly beat Bama with a team that’s undergoing a major rebuild but didn’t.  It happens, and the sun will almost certainly rise tomorrow.  Are you able to comprehend that?

My comprehension is fine. But i didn't come in here with all the "this board" arguments. We have the best board for the best team. For tonight ALL ARGUMENTS are on the table. Anybody starts turning in on Aub fans at large gets told to take a f'ing hike. Starts with you. Find anothother board. The offense dumped, a**hole it's not for you to decide.

• Like 1

back up field goal kicker gets major props tonight! Mason and the Defense gives me hope that next year we can be special on that side of the ball. Major changes on the other side of the ball have to be made. There is no excuse for not having Davis or Loy prepsred to step in and if we are honest, Finley was not having a good game before the injury. Bobo needs to gogo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I don't do the happy when we lose, but I'll be honest, I thought this team had given up at South Carolina. The way they came out and played..... I just think this speaks volumes that the coaching staff is doing something right.

Could not agree more. I thought we would get curb stomped after the last 2 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

What about Alabama holding our guy in the end zone on the first play of that 98 yard drive? CBS showed the replay, clear as day!

Not to mention the TWO obvious intentional groundings not flagged to save the drive and the push off from the receiver on touchdown. Refs gave bama an early Christmas gift and forgot the rules of football. Not to mention the no-call face mask on tank. End of the game was sus for sure and made Bo’s claims very plausible. We have a ref problem. In this conference. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, cbo said:

Print this. Meditate on it. I love CBH and am all about giving him the benefit- but from here I'm sleeping with one eye open.

• Like 1

The refs weren’t the greatest but they gave Auburn more calls than I expected. Auburn just didn’t finish. They let Auburn DB’s get pretty physical when they usually would throw a flag.

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

We had the turds by the nuts and the refs bailed em out. End. Of. Story. Whole world saw it. War Eagle. 

They need to play Bo Mix’s words re: officiating over a video of all the blatantly missed calls on bama’s last drive. That drive should never have even happened with the holding in the end zone. 

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

My comprehension is fine. But i didn't come in here with all the "this board" arguments. We have the best board for the best team. For tonight ALL ARGUMENTS are on the table. Anybody starts turning in on Aub fans at large gets told to take a f'ing hike. Starts with you. Find anothother board. The offense dumped, a**hole it's not for you to decide.

The last time I checked, you weren’t a mod on this board, and thus do not make the rules. Thanks for the invite to leave, but I think I’ll stick around as long as I’m staying between the lines.  I made a simple statement about some people having a lack of comprehension, and you obviously feel that you are one of those people as indicated by your response. Perhaps you should seriously consider sitting this one out, or finding another board yourself.  

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

They need to play Bo Mix’s words re: officiating over a video of all the blatantly missed calls on bama’s last drive. That drive should never have even happened with the holding in the end zone. 

I get missing one call, but it’s pretty blatant when they miss multiple on the most crucial drive of the game. Something’s gotta give with this crap. 

2 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Mason lost this..again. Went prevent on that last drive when he hasn’t the ENTIRE game. Literally changed what worked the entire game & went prevent. He lost it

I think Mason saved his job 2nite.  He did switch it up late, but with our offense having no ability to score, I feel like he was doing what he or the staff thought gave us the best shot.  That was to run the clock down.  If we had  continued to send that rush on the last series, bama would have thrown over the top and scored quickly.

34 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Yep, and we didn’t get it done because we have an inferior offensive line and no experienced depth at QB.  We nearly beat 3rd ranked Bama with a team that’s undergoing a major rebuild but didn’t.  It happens, and the sun will almost certainly rise tomorrow.  Are you able to comprehend that?

Enough of the major rebuild stuff.  We have areas that need improvement, but major rebuilds look like Ole Miss and  Arkansas. We have experience at back up, the player just isn't very good.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I get missing one call, but it’s pretty blatant when they miss multiple on the most crucial drive of the game. Something’s gotta give with this crap. 

It won’t. Never will. Ensuring a bama win ensures an SEC presence in the CFP. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

I’m proud of this team and this staff for the fight that they showed tonight. With the odds stacked against them, they fought valiantly.

If you wanna throw yourself off a bridge screaming about the coaching staff, have at it. Don’t expect me to follow. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I respectfully disagree. Auburn got more than enough calls . If Auburn gets a field goal after the 15 yard penalty for roughing TJ. Game over. Do enough that u don’t need the calls. The refs let Auburn DB’s get away with stuff that were flags in other games

• Like 1
  • Love 1