Post game - Iron Bowl

AUBwins

On 11/27/2021 at 11:17 PM, Brad_ATX said:

You can see the big picture as being positive and still be pissed about today too.

You only get one shot every year to beat those a**holes.  And we blew it.

Yes, we can and should be both. Had the game won and our DC and a DB let everyone down.

53 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Yes, we can and should be both. Had the game won and our DC and a DB let everyone down.

Our DC let us down not our DB. It is almost impossible to cover a player for that lenth of time and then to get shoved by WR just prior to the catch. Without the shove he was in position. This is same DB who made a lot of great plays in the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

You can't be serious

Our special Teams coach replaced our normal Punt returner for no reason that I can conceive of. With Scott back there we catch the Punt and have a chance to run out the clock. Our DC took a sure upset victory and turned it into a defeat by not pressuring the QB on 4th and goal from the 31. It hurt but after calming down there was alot to like in this game. Our O-line and receivers did a great job of run blocking, allowing us to have the lead at the end. The defense played solid though out the game with two major exceptions one a blown coverage for a TD and the TD on 4th and 31 which I blame on the DC not the defensive players.

There were things I saw that we need to work on. All year we had a bad habit of not containing running QB's. We often had the right play called but outside contain man sometimes DE sometimes LB was so intent on trying to make a sack they lost contain. When you have contain responsibility you can't go inside unless you are close to 100% sure you have the sack. Despite that short coming it was a solid defensive game and a solid defensive game plan except for Roberts propensity on 3rd and 4th and long through out the year opting to rush either two or three. We got burned by that in multiple games. A great DC would learn from his mistakes and adjust.

Roberts defense was the strength of the team through out the year. He deserves credit for how well the defense played in most games this year with exception of LSU and New Mexico State. Because of how often he opted to only rush 2 or 3 players in 3rd and 4th and long I am in the camp of letting him go but only if we for sure have a better DC to replace him.

I can't forgive him for losing this game for us but I don't want him gone unless we have a better candidate for DC.  

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You can't be serious

Serious as a heart attack. I am excited about the future of Auburn FB, but extremely upset on how the game was lost.

Bammer had a one in a thousand chance to complete that pass, but they did.

12 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Serious as a heart attack. I am excited about the future of Auburn FB, but extremely upset on how the game was lost.

Bammer had a one in a thousand chance to complete that pass, but they did.

So what did the DB do that's wrong? And aren't you one of the guys who say the QB played great?

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So what did the DB do that's wrong? And aren't you one of the guys who say the QB played great?

If it has to be explained to some of you...well...ignorance is truly bliss.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

Again to put the blame solely on James must have never played in the secondary before. U can’t expect a guy to cover for that long. For example any other time in the game u gonna get similar results if the qb is allowed to sit in the pocket and survey the field . It’s been happening to Auburn all year so what’s different now. No pressure equals big gain. 

*CNS stated they actually practice that play . Wonder how many other teams do

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

I will have to go back and watch but wasn't there another DB back in that corner that moved towards the goal post for some odd reason as the receiver is moving towards the corner leaving DJ in single coverage? Seems like there were way to many DB's in the center of the endzone because the other corner WR was open too. 

Don't mind the call, just poor execution plain and simple. IMHO

6 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

I will have to go back and watch but wasn't there another DB back in that corner that moved towards the goal post for some odd reason as the receiver is moving towards the corner leaving DJ in single coverage? Seems like there were way to many DB's in the center of the endzone because the other corner WR was open too. 

Don't mind the call, just poor execution plain and simple. IMHO

#10 Z. Puckett if not mistaken. 

You are correct. Very poor execution.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Which QB? If PT, then he played well, had too many dropped passes, but he kept the O moving with his legs.

16 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Which QB? If PT, then he played well, had too many dropped passes, but he kept the O moving with his legs.

Lol ok. You're entitled to your opinion I guess

18 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I thought he had a bad 1st quarter but played better after that.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

You think the DB let everybody down too?

Just now, cole256 said:

You think the DB let everybody down too?

No, I do wonder why someone else wasn’t over there helping, may have been the specific coverage though. I thought we probably lost the play when they were forced to switch which caused him to be trying to catch up. IMO the throw was perfect and the WR made a great play ti cause separation when he needed it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

No, I do wonder why someone else wasn’t over there helping, may have been the specific coverage though. I thought we probably lost the play when they were forced to switch which caused him to be trying to catch up. IMO the throw was perfect and the WR made a great play ti cause separation when he needed it.

The two outside receivers were single covered, the three inside were double-covered; 8 vs 5.

Someone in double coverage had time (for 3.5 seconds the ball was in the air) to get over and help but for some reason they all decided to watch the play like a spectator.

We need players with a better football IQ.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol ok. You're entitled to your opinion I guess

What’s your honest opinion?

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

The two outside receivers were single covered, the three inside were double-covered; 8 vs 5.

Someone in double coverage had time (for 3.5 seconds the ball was in the air) to get over and help but for some reason they all decided to watch the play like a spectator.

We need players with a better football IQ.

Or with the willingness to try.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think he had wide eyes in awe of the atmosphere in the 1st quarter.  Once he got over that aspect of it, he threw much better balls.  Several drops inexcusable especially Fairweather.

• Like 1