Kudos to McCreary

aubcali

The entire team played their damn guts out tonight. Bama is more talented from top to bottom and Auburn took them to multiple OTs. That's my biggest problem with fans tonight. The young men and coaches representing our alma mater tonight went toe to toe with a vastly more talented team and very nearly came out on top while being 20pt underdogs.

Is there room for improvement in the coaching? Absolutely. Hell, I'm pretty darned good at my job and I'll be the first to admit, there are MULTIPLE things I can improve upon. 6-6 is about what I expected for the year with a new staff and lacking in talent within specific (yet critical) areas.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Unfortunately, his major regression was all too untimely.

Major regression? You can't be serious....Rog had the best game of his career tonight and played lights out. I assume you are talking about the 2 pt conversion of theirs? Did you see the route that kid ran? Not many corners are going to win that.

• Like 4

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Major regression? You can't be serious....Rog had the best game of his career tonight and played lights out. I assume you are talking about the 2 pt conversion of theirs? Did you see the route that kid ran? Not many corners are going to win that.

He played a great game overall, no doubt.

13 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Seriously?  Get ****** with that.  Rog and the entire D played their ass off today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, aubcali said:

Dominant performance.  I was in awe watching McCreary play today.  If he wasn’t on a NFL’s team draft radar, he is now.  That is all.    

Thanks for starting this thread. McCreary was amazing. Earned some much deserved dollars.

We need to credit the many amazing performances from this game. I tried to start a thread myself, but can't for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Roger was mocked in a few drafts at the end of the first round. Alabama thought they could throw at him, and largely failed. He gave up a few passes, but some of the 50-50 balls are going to be used in film study on how to play the ball. He was a warrior tonight.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Seriously?  Get ****** with that.  Rog and the entire D played their ass off today.

McCreary played otherworldly. He was already projected 1st round. Wonder if he's mid 1st now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, selias said:

The entire team played their damn guts out tonight. Bama is more talented from top to bottom and Auburn took them to multiple OTs. That's my biggest problem with fans tonight. The young men and coaches representing our alma mater tonight went toe to toe with a vastly more talented team and very nearly came out on top while being 20pt underdogs.

Is there room for improvement in the coaching? Absolutely. Hell, I'm pretty darned good at my job and I'll be the first to admit, there are MULTIPLE things I can improve upon. 6-6 is about what I expected for the year with a new staff and lacking in talent within specific (yet critical) areas.

I just didn't see a superior team in Alabama tonight. I still don't understand when people say this. Throw out the recruiting rankings. Where was their superiority exemplified? 

We kicked their ass up and down the field and it wasn't a fluke. We just gave this game to Bama.

Absolute stud last night. Gonna miss that guy. 

9 hours ago, aubcali said:

Dominant performance.  I was in awe watching McCreary play today.  If he wasn’t on a NFL’s team draft radar, he is now.  That is all.    

Textbook. May be best corner in the country. He was last night.

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I just didn't see a superior team in Alabama tonight. I still don't understand when people say this. Throw out the recruiting rankings. Where was their superiority exemplified? 

We kicked their ass up and down the field and it wasn't a fluke. We just gave this game to Bama.

Curious that days leading up to this game most posters on this forum were just hopeful we looked decent in a loss for the recruits. Now (because we played so well) we are picking apart every play call to point out our coaching woes. I believe coaches and players gave us the best way to a win and we came up just a couple of plays short.

• Like 3

He was an absolute stud out there yesterday.  I haven't seen finer DB play, ever, I don't think.  He covered outstanding receivers like a blanket.  He broke on balls and made plays.  The whole DB crew saved their best for the best.   Losing him and Smoke will be noticeable for next year.  Not sure there is that potential on the depth chart.  

• Like 1

Great game by Rog. I know he hates that last play, but it was a great route, and let's get real, on an island out there like he was, it is a bit of a guessing game. You have to guess somewhat to have a chance to make that play. He will be missed.

12 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Is this a serious post? One on one against an elite receiver and it’s regression because the two-yard pass was completed? He played inside leverage and got beat on a great route and equally good throw to the outside. The guy was absolutely dominant all game…..

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

They have lost one game on a last play field goal to a good team on the road. They are not the dominant Bammer that we have seen intermittently during their run but they are very good, honestly probably the second best team in the country. We had 159 yards of total offense last night-not sure that we kicked their ass up and down the field. Our defense was incredible but ran out of gas because we asked just a little too much of them. No shame in admitting they were/are the better team when every single bit of evidence says that they are

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Is this a serious post? One on one against an elite receiver and it’s regression because the two-yard pass was completed? He played inside leverage and got beat on a great route and equally good throw to the outside. The guy was absolutely dominant all game…..

Referencing the 2-point conversion. Not the entire game, Einstein. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Referencing the 2-point conversion. Not the entire game, Einstein. 

Makes the post no less absurd. I understood the reference and had to respond to the absurdity 

Edited by fredst
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, fredst said:

They have lost one game on a last play field goal to a good team on the road. They are not the dominant Bammer that we have seen intermittently during their run but they are very good, honestly probably the second best team in the country. We had 159 yards of total offense last night-not sure that we kicked their ass up and down the field. Our defense was incredible but ran out of gas because we asked just a little too much of them. No shame in admitting they were/are the better team when every single bit of evidence says that they are

A big part of that 159 was we chose to play a 1 legged second string QB and our offensive coordinator is inept. Our defense was more dominant than their defense was. They have more depth but we didn't have control of that game because of fluke plays, trickery, or anything other than continued physicality and athleticism. We kicked their ass and they got away with one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

A big part of that 159 was we chose to play a 1 legged second string QB and our offensive coordinator is inept. Our defense was more dominant than their defense was. They have more depth but we didn't have control of that game because of fluke plays, trickery, or anything other than continued physicality and athleticism. We kicked their ass and they got away with one. 

Agree to disagree. Also agree though that we let one get away yesterday that we had won but for a few plays and calls here and there. A hard fought game and something to build on I think

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

People can bring up that most thought we didn't have a chance before and now want to complain about coaching..and that is fine. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I think the Defense rose up and played big boy football. An amazing performance from players and staff.

The offense was more putrid than I imagined. You're telling me a guy that has been in this league for how long coaching ...can't muster up 200 yards of offense? I get we had a gimpy quarterback. I do. But 159 yards?  

The part that really gets me is we had a great chance to seal the deal with a first down when we had the ball 3rd and 1 with around 1:45 left. Call your best 2 plays and go for the win. Don't call a slow developing handoff 5 yards deep when Bama is clearly sending the house up the middle. I hope to see an article that Bobo is out by end of the week...but I doubt it happens.