2022 AU Gymnastics

AUreo

8 hours ago, AUreo said:

Apparently, the whole UCLA situation is a huge mess now (and can’t be ignored any longer). Some UCLA Gymnasts even publicly demanding that their HC should be fired. Gymnast Alexis Jeffrey recently transferred to LSU.

Jeffrey recently transferred from UCLA after tension grew between her and the team after she allegedly used racial slurs towards both Black and Asian people.

https://www.brproud.com/news/local-news/watch-lsu-gymnastics-head-coach-addresses-racism-allegations-amid-new-transfer/

I am wondering if UCLA might lose some recruits now. Specifically, 5-star and Team USA member Ciena Alipio who is close with Suni. Both trained together during the pandemic in Minnesota. Ciena would be a huge addition to our team. 

https://usagym.org/pages/athletes/athleteListDetailPrint2.html?id=448416

I am not sure if she is still in MN or back in San Jose, CA but her profile still lists Jess Graba as coach.

Birthdate: 3/7/2004 
Program: Women's Artistic
Level: Senior
Current Residence: Maplewood, MN
Club: Midwest Gymnastics Center
Head Coach: Jess Graba & Alison Lim

That is a messy situation that could explode on UCLA is not careful

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

That is a messy situation that could explode on UCLA is not careful

If I'm not mistaken, UCLA is sort of a melting pot of diversity and ethnicities. California alone has a larger base of mixed groups.  A shame that this generation of young people even consider comments like the gymnast said.  Like you said, be careful. 

On a side note, it would be exciting if Suni could convince her 5 star friend to come. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

UCLA is sort of a melting pot of diversity and ethnicities. California alone has a larger base of mixed groups.  A shame that this generation of young people even consider comments like the gymnast said. 

This is what I don't understand and as old as I am I've seen/heard a lot. Just seems strange to me

• Like 1

I'm going to try to be better about posting here.  But here are my thoughts:

1. If you're going tonight, GET THERE EARLY AND BE LOUD!!! Doors open 90 minutes before the meet starts!! 

2. Holy moly we're ranked above Alabama! War Eagle to that!

3. This team is probably the best team Auburn's ever had, and good news, we have a young team with some pretty amazing talent coming in!! (check out Olivia Greaves, Hannah Haigle, Hailey John, Lynden Saltness and Bryn Bartman). 

4. Suni puts a lot of pressure on herself (she probably wouldn't be an Olympic AA Gold medalist if she didn't), but she is not going to win us an SEC championship by herself. It's all about the TEAM!! Sophia Groth was a top prospect in their class and she's already contributing so much to this team effort! DG  is Queen and will continue to do Queen things! She's gonna get that perfect 10.0 this season! Aria can contribute big numbers anywhere you plug her. I can go on and on about this whole team. Suni, we love ya girl, but have fun and you'll do amazing things!!! Y'all, this team is 🔥🔥🔥🔥!!

That's all for now! 

War Eagle!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

52 minutes ago, AUTigerCourt said:

1. If you're going tonight, GET THERE EARLY AND BE LOUD!!! Doors open 90 minutes before the meet starts!! 

3. This team is probably the best team Auburn's ever had, and good news, we have a young team with some pretty amazing talent coming in!! (check out Olivia Greaves, Hannah Haigle, Hailey John, Lynden Saltness and Bryn Bartman). 

4. Suni puts a lot of pressure on herself (she probably wouldn't be an Olympic AA Gold medalist if she didn't), but she is not going to win us an SEC championship by herself. It's all about the TEAM!! Sophia Groth was a top prospect in their class and she's already contributing so much to this team effort! DG  is Queen and will continue to do Queen things! She's gonna get that perfect 10.0 this season! Aria can contribute big numbers anywhere you plug her. I can go on and on about this whole team. Suni, we love ya girl, but have fun and you'll do amazing things!!! Y'all, this team is 🔥🔥🔥🔥!!

That's all for now! 

War Eagle!

Spot on! I hope Suni just has fun out there with her God given talent. Enjoy it girl!

I could not verify this on Google, but this year is likely the first year EVER that we have been ranked ahead of UAT in gymnastics. We will likely have to have our best performance ever to win tonight.

7 minutes ago, AUTigerCourt said:

Looks like Suni maybe making her All Around debut tonight!!! 

https://twitter.com/sunisalee_/status/1487135941655502848?s=20&t=0VItDxy9knnH0MUOIwTQkQ

Had a feeling he might unleash her a bit tonight.  Read where Graba will go a little safer on routines to get clean results, but Suni going towards the bottom of the rotation allows him to switch to a higher difficulty routine if others have respectable scores.  This is what he did for the beam with Suni.  Went with the more challenging routine since her score could be dropped if she slipped up, which is what happened.  Suni could give consistency on 4 events if he goes safe with it.  I bet he goes more difficult on her bars routine tonight.  No insight, just a hunch.  She is world class there if she can hit it. 

• Like 1

Oklahoma scored a 197.900 last night in a tri-meet. Lowest apparatus was 49.400 and highest was 49.575

8 hours ago, AUTigerCourt said:

That's all for now! 

War Eagle!

3. Greaves will join us next year, then Lyden + we also landed Julianne Huff (another 4star)! We also have a general Gymnastics thread for recruiting news, program updates etc: 

Bama is 4th in the country on bars for reference and I can see why.  Their transitions are beautiful.  After 1 however, Auburn leads 49.175 to 49.125!

Former Batchelor and DWTS competitor with Suni, Matt James in the house as well.  Along with Suni Olympic coach, Jess Graba.

Big time bar routine by Derrian.  Should be nice score

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

If Suni would have stuck her landing, I think it would have been a 10.0. Gets a 9.925. Beautiful routine. 

Bama gambled on vault difficulty and lost ground.  Auburn going with solid routines helping thus far.  Leads 98.525 To 98.150!

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

Auburn still hanging around 49.350 on their rotations.  If we can get 49.400 or better on both these rotations, be tough for Bama to catch us.  

Gabby with a nice dismount and solid routine.  

It takes a lot of focus to overlook the Gymnastees in the corner as starting a floor routine lol

Suni looks like she is having a lot of fun tonight!  Happy to see it!

9.975!!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Suni looks like she is having a lot of fun tonight!  Happy to see it!

9.975!!

Suni was 1 slight imbalance away from a 10!