2022 AU Gymnastics

AUreo

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

Highest beam score in Auburn history! 9.900, 9.900, 9.900, 9.950, 9.975. Amazing!

That 9.975 would have been a 10 with a stuck landing.  So close. 

7 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I don't understand gymnastics. Suni's bars routine just now looked exactly like the previous 10.0 to me, but she gets 9.925

Also thought Derrian's bar routine was lower than it should have been. But my gymnastics knowledge is almost non-existent.

Suni performs a Yurcheinko (sp?) 1-1/2 for the first time ever attempted in college gymnastics. Nearly stuck the landing!  Gets a 9.925. She is so good. 

45 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I don't understand gymnastics. Suni's bars routine just now looked exactly like the previous 10.0 to me, but she gets 9.925

Although everything is subjective to different judges every week. 

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Suni performs a Yurcheinko (sp?) 1-1/2 for the first time ever attempted in college gymnastics. Nearly stuck the landing!  Gets a 9.925. She is so good. 

Is this in preparation to get to the ultimate goal, the Cheng?

17 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Is this in preparation to get to the ultimate goal, the Cheng?

Yep.  This is the 1/2 layout that preps the vault movement for the Cheng. 

17 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Derrian with a 9.875 on floor again. Maybe Sharon Doyle just doesn't like her routine very much, IDK

I thought the score was low but didn't think it was a 10 this time.  Her steps were a little shaky on the landings.  She should have definitely been given a 10 in the Bama meet.

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Did Gabby fall on beam? 

Olivia had a bad landing and fell. She was devastated. Second straight week with a rough performance at the lead off spot

Gabby had a big balance check and paused between two skills that were supposed to be linked. Then a tiny hop on landing

• Thanks 1

We just guaranteed ourselves 197.375 National Qualifying Score. Really amazing qualifying score already. Everything else in the regular season is just gravy. 

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Love 1

If we beat Florida in our meet, we can share the SEC regular season crown with them.  Crazy!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

If we beat Florida in our meet, we can share the SEC regular season crown with them.  Crazy!

Florida is insanely talented though! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Florida is insanely talented though! 

Oh yea, that would be a good time to pass 198! 

• Like 1

Kentucky looked good on bars.  Stuck all but 1 landing.  Auburn struggled on vault landings compared to previous meets. Ended with 49.250. Auburn is attempting more difficult vaults but didn't pay off.  Suni had 9.825.