Birmingham Bowl!!

keesler

41 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I see where Arkansas just landed a wr from Oklahoma in the portal #1 receiver in the 2019 class.

Saw that. Recruiting seems to get better as coaches are at a place a little longer. The fans at Arky are almost glad they didn’t judge Pittman by his 3-7 season last year and decided to be patient as he builds his program.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I actually remember watching Auburn's bowl game against Houston on TV in '69. We got killed. My third oldest football memory. Happier memory was another bowl game in Birmingham: All American Bowl ('86?) FSU vs Indiana- although every fan in stadium wanted to kill FSUs bloody annoying band.

I hate that , I remember watching Nebraska beat Auburn 13  to 7 in 1964 (with about a foot and a half of snow on the ground) and right before that the terds beating auburn with them denying fredrickson a td on a goal line plunge in 1963  too bad there were not pylon cams back then. 

14 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Saw that. Recruiting seems to get better as coaches are at a place a little longer. The fans at Arky are almost glad they didn’t judge Pittman by his 3-7 season last year and decided to be patient as he builds his program.

That is very true, I agree with that. Having said that I am still thankful we parted ways w Bobo.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

That is very true, I agree with that. Having said that I am still thankful we parted ways w Bobo.

Agreed

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Players work their arses off since spring, get through the grueling regular season only get to travel for a bowl game up the flipping road.  Depressing.

Motivation to be better

• Like 5

Birmingham Birmingham
The greatest city in Alabam'
You can travel 'cross this entire land
But there's no place like Birmingham

• Like 1

Dana Holgorsen probably gonna have a blast scheming this one. First play: across the middle Second play: across the middle Third play: across the middle lol...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cbo said:

Birmingham Birmingham
The greatest city in Alabam'
You can travel 'cross this entire land
But there's no place like Birmingham

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Builder said:

Just curious what there is to do in Birmingham for the players? Im sure Disney and Universal are overrated. Nothing to see in South Beach. Likely a museum or two they can go to when not at Motel 6. Last year I put alot of blame on the players and Gus. This year I blame the coaches. Specifically Bozo Bobo the Magnificent.

Broadcast that morning should show the players hitting up Top Golf & Texas de Brazil the day before. Mayor Woodfin will find a way to get his mug in on the action.

When you get this low in bowl prestige, I think the players care more about the swag anyways.

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Fyi, Kerryon Johnson tweeted that he enjoyed Birmingham more than the Sugar Bowl. 

You never know.

Well he and I had totally different Sugar Bowl experiences.

Kerryon, let me introduce you to my friends: balconies, beads, hand-grenades, and Harrah's.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

It's a rare thing these days....patience is still a virtue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

It's a rare thing these days....patience is still a virtue. 

Remains to be seen if any AU fans are virtuous or not. Reading these threads there aren’t many it appears.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

At least I can drive down and see Auburn play a good team relatively cheaply. Have a feeling Auburn will get slapped around, but maybe they'll surprise. 

I'm not convinced it will be that cheap.  Its a small stadium.  Last time AU played in the Birmingham Bowl, attendance was 56k.

New stadium only holds 45k.

Supply and demand is going to come into play.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not convinced it will be that cheap.  Its a small stadium.  Last time AU played in the Birmingham Bowl, attendance was 56k.

New stadium only holds 45k.

Supply and demand is going to come into play.

Endzone seats are $30. 

not super cheap, but still pretty good for what is a  quality opponent for this type of bowl.  

Edited by CoffeeTiger

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Endzone seats are $30. 

not super cheap, but still pretty good for what is a  quality opponent for this type of bowl.  

$30 is cheaper than I expected.  I'd get em now.  Secondary market might be higher, which is unusual for most bowl games.

Been away from Bham for a while didnt know they've got a new stadium. A new stadium to play in is kinda nice.

15 extra practices, and a new stadium.....trying to stay positive. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Top Golf will probably be on the Agenda ... imagine the teams will stay around Uptown (e.g., there's a fairly new Westin hotel).  In terms of things to do, I think the Civil Rights Museum is always an eye-opener, the Barber Motorsports Museum is a bit of drive (Leeds) but cool, I'm sure the teams will visit Children's Hospital, McWane Center/iMax, lots of good restaurants, ... it's not the beach, it's not Vegas, but ya know, as they say, it's a business trip. ;)

• Like 1