Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

1 hour ago, WarEagle2 said:

Sucks we missed on CW. Maybe we get JD or the oregon kid?

We haven't missed just yet. Until Caleb Williams has announced it himself, it's all hearsay. CBs are neat, but not a certainty. Just a month ago for instance all the CBs had Darious Clemons and Khurtis Perry to Auburn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, no we will not stop putting faith in random internet accounts.

We got a dentist and a lawyer saying the same thing.  And, the recruiting finger is happening.  👈

This is happening...

• Like 2

I'm not giving up hope yet. It does seem likely he committed to USCw though with the other USCw QB going into the protal immediately after his visit.

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

All I want to know is what in the evaluation process allowed for Calzada to be the guy we ended up with 

Harsin saw a replay of the Bama vs Aggie game this year and was all like

image.gif.cfc0cf873ebaf56a1f15171a58b33761.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Or maybe Dart just got ticked that Riley brought CW on campus.  Personally I would find it hilarious if CW went elsewhere and Riley’s qb1 dipped out too.

• Like 5

Just now, AUatHeart said:

Or maybe Dart just got ticked that Riley brought CW on campus.  Personally I would find it hilarious if CW went elsewhere and Riley’s qb1 dipped out too.

Meh. Riley will be ok. I’m sure there are QB’s lining up out the door to play for him.

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

All I want to know is what in the evaluation process allowed for Calzada to be the guy we ended up with 

He visited Auburn and said yes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUatHeart said:

It's also possible that Dart is using the portal as a ledge. He might come back if CW goes elsewhere. But if CW goes to USC Dart already has one foot out the door and is accumulating offers.

• Like 1

Assuming that we did miss out on this guy, now you really start entering a dangerous spot for that other QB spot. Cause if you say we want a Dart or Brock, that indicates to the guys that will already be here “it could be a wrap for you if this guy is nice” 

Recruiting redshirt freshmen is a dangerous game, and I’m not even saying Auburn shouldn’t do it. It’s just gonna be very high risk 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Assuming that we did miss out on this guy, now you really start entering a dangerous spot for that other QB spot. Cause if you say we want a Dart or Brock, that indicates to the guys that will already be here “it could be a wrap for you if this guy is nice” 

Recruiting redshirt freshmen is a dangerous game, and I’m not even saying Auburn shouldn’t do it. It’s just gonna be very high risk 

True, but it also seems pretty clear that he's cool with DD leaving, if he's not outright trying to run him off. Maybe TJ too. CW, Dart, BV, and Ashford are all young guys. 

1 minute ago, au302 said:

True, but it also seems pretty clear that he's cool with DD leaving, if he's not outright trying to run him off. Maybe TJ too. CW, Dart, BV, and Ashford are all young guys. 

Maybe we are all wrong and he’s not even worried about QB anymore. 3 of the 4 guys on the roster are hand picked by him. And 2 of those 4 are former SEC starters. It may be wishful thinking on our part to assume that he doesn’t think he already has a serviceable QB room. 

24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

What in the recruiting process says that Calzada is "the guy" we'll end up with? He's "a guy" we're ending up with, yes, but literally every single thing I've seen says we're still pursuing another QB. And we've got another month or more to find one. The 2nd-best transfer in the country just hit the portal today. 

Where are you seeing that we're done at QB?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's also possible that Dart is using the portal as a ledge. He might come back if CW goes elsewhere. But if CW goes to USC Dart already has one foot out the door and is accumulating offers.

Yep could be a leverage move..

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What in the recruiting process says that Calzada is "the guy" we'll end up with? He's "a guy" we're ending up with, yes, but literally every single thing I've seen says we're still pursuing another QB. And we've got another month or more to find one. The 2nd-best transfer in the country just hit the portal today. 

Where are you seeing that we're done at QB?

I see that we’re pursuing freshmen now, I don’t think that we intend on starting a freshman over Zach Calzada unless we don’t want Zach Calzada 

34 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ok back off the train everyone. It was just a coaching article. 

5560EC1D-DE75-4BFE-A743-3204FD0B4C0F.jpeg

Probably Jimmy B, but who's the 2nd

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Not if they want to be here for spring practice. 

Great reminder that there will be another way of guys going into the portal after spring practice.

44 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

What does this even mean?