Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Well all I can say is I know kam doesn't support him like that. 

I could definitely see that too. I interpreted some of the "likes" on Hunter's post to be just out of pure love for their former teammate and less hatred for Harsin. But I honestly don't know.

In hindsight, certain things make more sense now. Like Smoke's behavior in some games, including the bowl. That kid did not buy in to Harsin one bit.

15 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Well and Bowden wasn’t run out of town…..he was told mid season he wouldn’t be retained after the season and dude straight up walked out on his players.

Thank God for Bro Bill in the interim.  I was at Auburn then and fully remember all that drama. 

I don't think this is totally accurate but I could be wrong.   As I recall it, mid-season Bowden asked for assurances he would be retained and was told he would be evaluated at the end of the season.   He then walked out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I've read on this site multiple times that Bobo was handpicked to be the OC before BH was even hired. Lined up when everybody thought Steele was going to get the gig.

How many times do our actual knowledgeable insiders have to say that Steele was never a candidate?

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

They are giving out trophies for putting up with my dumb questions?

No, you gave me a reaction to one post earlier ITT.  Just saying ty & having fun

Edited by W.E.D

14 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I had just graduated. I don’t remember the specifics but I know that there was a boosters daughter involved, with some drunken photos?  Whether  true, or not…..

I was active at that time on two of the first, maybe the first, AU message boards. There was not a hint of the issues with Bowden until well after he walked out on his players. I saw the photos, with the technology of 1998, I don't think they were faked by any means. It was a bad look for him. 

Just now, AUght2win said:

I could definitely see that too. I interpreted some of the "likes" on Hunter's post to be just out of pure love for their former teammate and less hatred for Harsin. But I honestly don't know.

In hindsight, certain things make more sense now. Like Smoke's behavior in some games, including the bowl. That kid did not buy in to Harsin one bit.

Imo the coach corn stuff hurt this team more than most of the fan base realized. I bet if Harsin could do things over he wouldn't make that move again even if you paid him

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

So explain to me how the PTB, who hated the idea of the Harsin hire but didn't have the power to stop it, somehow had the power to make him pick his coordinators?

Also explain how a guy who is clearly *my way or the highway* to the 10000th degree like CBH would let them be forced on him, or take a job where he was handcuffed in the first place. 

Use your common sense. 

I'm just saying what I have read on here multiple times. No more, no less. It is well known in Auburn's history boosters have had a hand in things & it's looking like the affair rumor has been started to get him gone. Like originally said, not many coaches will want to come here with the historical reputation of the boosters play in things. I believe it was stated that's why Kirby didn't take the job in 2013. That is my "common sense." 

Edited by TAYLORKEETON

It is so weird the split on Harsin. Some players loyal, others seemingly felt abused. Interesting dynamic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

https://twitter.com/Born2Barn/status/1489642211801186307?s=20&t=5Crtvk10cv7SBt2vuIp

Interesting quotes on ESPN. I hope the rumors aren't true but I still don't see how he makes it out of this with the Auburn job.

It’s over. I just don’t see what you waltz back into the office from your vacation on NSD week with everything on fire and go on like business

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It is so weird the split on Harsin. Some players loyal, others seemingly felt abused. Interesting dynamic.

Very ironic that if he survives this it will literally be because of his players. Hope he understands that

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No, you gave me a reaction to one post earlier ITT.  Just saying ty & having fun

Yeah I gotcha, that was my attempt in trying to be funny too

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wcware said:

It’s just real talk. This stuff sends shock waves through an entire program 

No, this place and all the other digital media outlets along with PTB not staying in their lane and sticking their noses where it doesn’t belong is what sends the shock waves.   Auburn Football is trending in a direction that none of the Auburn faithful want to see.  Look at every coaching hire since Pat Dye…complete mess and a joke.  “The Auburn fan base has zero patience.”

10 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I apologize but I missed what the rumored problem is regarding Coach Harsin. If it cannot be printed in this Forum, would someone be nice enough to point me to the “rumors” located in another source. I don’t expect I want to believe any rumors, but I do not even know of which everyone is talking about. Thanks

Improper relationship alleged and former players tweeting about some form of abuse.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Imo the coach corn stuff hurt this team more than most of the fan base realized. I bet if Harsin could do things over he wouldn't make that move again even if you paid him

FWIW I heard the Corn stuff was related to an issue much like what we are hearing about with this staff assistant. No idea if it's true. If I had to guess, I'd guess it wasn't. 

All i know is if this man comes out of this and even gets us in the playoffs at some point....cue the fricken ESPN 30 for 30. What a story that would be!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I'm just saying what I have read on here multiple times. No more, no less. It is well known in Auburn's history boosters have had a hand in things & it's looking like the affair rumor has been started to get him gone. Like originally said, not many coaches will want to come here with the historical reputation of the boosters play in things. I believe it was stated that's why Kirby didn't take the job in 2013. That is my "common sense." 

Don't start with the attitude over a keyboard. 

People have said that with absolutely no proof. Yet there's tons of proof that this hire was done as a rejection of the PTB, and they haven't had their hands on the wheel. It's Harsin's show and has been since day 1.

5 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Yes.  But you can't ask money people to spend 25 MM on Gus' buyout then expect them to keep quit on his replacement.  AU football isn't a dictatorship.  It is a 100MM business with multiple stakeholders.  You have to have buy in or you have rough presidents handing out 49MM contracts to average coaches. 

Above is a very spot on post.

Hypothetically, it goes like this, fans are unhappy with coach, beg (figuratively if not literally) boosters to help buy him out. Boosters provide resources to do same. Search for new coach begins, the press and the fans tell the boosters to sit down and shut up, you shouldn't be meddling in the hiring process. AD makes a terrible hire with no input from boosters. Program goes to Hell, then again fans and admin are going back to boosters for more $ to buyout the coach.

I have to wonder how many fanatics would, if they were multi-millionaires, invest in a system like above. We want your money, not your input, but when it all fails, we want your money again to fix the problem?

The Boosters wanted Kevin Steele. The fanatics didn't because they just knew we were gonna get Bill Belichick, Urban Meyer (or someone off UT's historical dream list).

That said, I am 100% opposed to boosters interfering in the day to day operations, but realistically, they are not going to continue to shell out $$$$ without some input to the overall direction of the program.

Disclaimer. I was opposed to firing CGM and I was Opposed to hiring CBH. However, CBH is OUR COACH and I will support him until there is some good reason (other than rumor or innuendo). I hope the AU family will do same, though I am convinced that a loud faction of our fanbase will never be satisfied and continue to push us toward the UT model of a new coach every 2-3 years.

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

FWIW I heard the Corn stuff was related to an issue much like what we are hearing about with this staff assistant. No idea if it's true. If I had to guess, I'd guess it wasn't. 

Corn was a lazy WR coach and needed to be fired.  Harsin's biggest mistake was not understanding to ramifications of cutting off our s***ty beat writers.