How Do We Investigate The "Power Brokers"

aucanucktiger

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It would be a fun experiment for Auburn fans to just let it go for a day or two and then see if this really is a big deal outside of Lee County or if it's just a typical big dumb Auburn soap opera that is only kept alive... by Auburn fans.

I'm sure somebody wants to say, "But negative recruiting" to which I ask in response, "Um, does anyone think our rival coaches didn't already have more material than they could possibly use?"

It might be big news in SEC country but not elsewhere.  I wonder what percentages on Auburn fans and Rival fans keeping it alive are too.  Guess would be 3/5 auBurn, 2/5 rivals.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AU Tytrocious said:

You sound... unemployed. Must be nice.

I sound and am self employed, and have made enough coin over the years to build my current house exactly where I wanted, and so I can play when and where I want. 

You might be stuck in a cubicle or behind a service counter. Don't forget your next rent check is due in two weeks. 

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2022 at 7:15 AM, WarEagleT said:

Looking back, looks like you were a big part of the false allegations.

Nope, you've definitely got me confused with someone else. I've attempted to enlighten those on here that don't know anything about Boise State history and their long success at being Giant Killers of bigger badder Power 5 schools. They've beaten Fla State, UGA, V. Tech, etc.  I traveled to Boise frequently on business and got to see first hand the school's football culture, game day experience superior coaching up of 2 and 3 star players, and sophisticated game day scheming and execution. Many whiners on here no nothing of Boise excellence, or discount it because it's not SEC. 

Never accused anyone of poking their assistant, or their DC's assistant, or being a racist, family being Mormon like its inferior to Southern Baptist Christian, or the hot wife and daughter's clothes being inappropriate,  or not being "passionate enough" during game management.  

Most of y'all who attacked Harsin so harshly either did it like the above, or by coming from a place of elitist SEC superiority. 

Harsin may prove to be exactly what Auburn needed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Nope, you've definitely got me confused with someone else. I've attempted to enlighten those on here that don't know anything about Boise State history and their long success at being Giant Killers of bigger badder Power 5 schools. They've beaten Fla State, UGA, V. Tech, etc.  I traveled to Boise frequently on business and got to see first hand the school's football culture, game day experience superior coaching up of 2 and 3 star players, and sophisticated game day scheming and execution. Many whiners on here no nothing of Boise excellence, or discount it because it's not SEC. 

Never accused anyone of poking their assistant, or their DC's assistant, or being a racist, family being Mormon like its inferior to Southern Baptist Christian, or the hot wife and daughter's clothes being inappropriate,  or not being "passionate enough" during game management.  

Most of y'all who attacked Harsin so harshly either did it like the above, or by coming from a place of elitist SEC superiority. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148869kenk5228pqzmq0o6u

wait are you arguing with yourself ? Because you know , I can help with that type of stuff lol.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

wait are you arguing with yourself ? Because you know , I can help with that type of stuff lol.

This is amazing. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2022 at 8:54 PM, aucanucktiger said:

The optics of this mess is harming the university almost more than any misstep a football coach could have made. Exactly what GROUP started this cluster without an apparent plan or timeline? The anti Steele movement proved grass roots Auburn folk have clout in unity and the bottom line is it's OUR University. Shine the spotlight back on these arrogant "Powers That Be".

Can we add blabbering idiots too?

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nope just replying to AUgirl who had me confused with someone who had been attacking Harsin and Boise football culture. Not me- I've been strongly supporting  him all along, and pointing out he needs 2-3 years to navigate the bubba boosters and JABA- as well as the whining fan base that's been an extra instigator and detriment to AU with all the personal slandering. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WarEagleT said:

When we see the superior coaching up of 2-3* players (are 2*'s even rated?) coupled with sophisticated game day scheming and execution resulting in excellence at the elite SEC level, you will see 100% fan support for Bryan Harsin like you see for Bruce Pearl & AU Basketball.   Football is a religion the SEC and everyone knows it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

I worked for and know several multi millionaires on my life. They are normally really good at one thing.....making money. One, who has passed now, was a great guy and I valued his opinion. The others were good at making money in their separate fields, and were as dumb as bricks in just about anything else. Kind of like your average rock star.

Our experiences have been very different.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JerryAU said:

When we see the superior coaching up of 2-3* players (are 2*'s even rated?) coupled with sophisticated game day scheming and execution resulting in excellence at the elite SEC level, you will see 100% fan support for Bryan Harsin like you see for Bruce Pearl & AU Basketball.   Football is a religion the SEC and everyone knows it. 

Football is just as intense in some other conferences, Sec just has more higher rated talent. Some said Urban Meyer would never win in the SEC because he was from Utah.

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

Football is just as intense in some other conferences, Sec just has more higher rated talent. Some said Urban Meyer would never win in the SEC because he was from Utah.

"Some" should have checked his bio. Meyer was born and raised in Ohio, went to college at the U. of Cincinnati and coached at Bowling Green before his brief stint out west. He wasn't from Utah any more than Pat Dye was from Wyoming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

The SEC is the elite football conference in the country and has been for 20 yrs and it dang sure didn't get there on the backs of 3* talent.    We have schools that fire head coaches that are only 2 yrs removed from undefeated national championship seasons for crying out loud!   

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

I sound and am self employed, and have made enough coin over the years to build my current house exactly where I wanted, and so I can play when and where I want. 

You might be stuck in a cubicle or behind a service counter. Don't forget your next rent check is due in two weeks. 

Clearly I struck a nerve. My apologies. 😳

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AU Tytrocious said:

I almost responded on your behalf but didn't feel it appropriate. High road noted and respected. 

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I almost responded on your behalf but didn't feel it appropriate. High road noted and respected. 

High road?  Dude took the high road overpass, straight into the kingdom of enlightenment.  Karen got sent to the offshore call center.

• Love 1

On 2/10/2022 at 8:54 PM, aucanucktiger said:

The optics of this mess is harming the university almost more than any misstep a football coach could have made. Exactly what GROUP started this cluster without an apparent plan or timeline? The anti Steele movement proved grass roots Auburn folk have clout in unity and the bottom line is it's OUR University. Shine the spotlight back on these arrogant "Powers That Be".

You are assuming too much.  This was started by internal complaints, not some rogue booster.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 2/15/2022 at 3:05 PM, WarEagleT said:

Do you know the sister wife?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Nope

Why do people not get that, yes it could've started internally, however, the follow through was done with a purpose and malicious intent. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Why do people not get that, yes it could've started internally, however, the follow through was done with a purpose and malicious intent. 

Facts that support that.... and by facts I mean actual facts and not what somebody's opinion on Finebaum was etc....? Do you have any of those?

Are you depending on Brandon Marcello?  The guy that claims Auburn's administrative structure led to him having a mental breakdown? For the love of all things decent, I would hope not.  The truth is that there would have been nothing to investigate had Bryan Harsin performed his job duties in a manner that is expected.  Choosing not to dismiss him does not mean that there was nothing to investigate.  I'm certain he has been officially warned at this point that he is expected to attend functions and that he is expected to spend time building relationships.

There is language in his contract requiring him to make himself available to student athletes, alumni and friends of the university in the same manner as peers at other similar institutions make themselves reasonably available.

Edited by AU9377
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Facts that support that.... and by facts I mean actual facts and not what somebody's opinion on Finebaum was etc....? Do you have any of those?

I'm certain he has been officially warned at this point that he is expected to attend functions and that he is expected to spend time building relationships.

There is language in his contract requiring him to make himself available to student athletes, alumni and friends of the university in the same manner as peers at other similar institutions make themselves reasonably available.

Since you have the facts.  What has CBH been doing other than the above tasks?  Hunting, fishing, gardening?  

I mean was he seriously shirking his responsibilities as they relate to glad handing the alum and friends of the university? 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 10:07 AM, AU Tytrocious said:

No apologies needed, particularly insincere ones. Come here not as often as many, cause mostly what I see here is complainers. Boring. Maybe next time I blow through, interesting gossip about new OC will appear.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Do you know the sister wife?

Nope, but can maybe check with some on here who helped fuel all the personal attacks on the coach and his family, or were wishing it was true

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Since you have the facts.  What has CBH been doing other than the above tasks?  Hunting, fishing, gardening?  

I mean was he seriously shirking his responsibilities as they relate to glad handing the alum and friends of the university? 

Not showing up at Bo Jackson's charity event, not attending the high school coaches meeting in Georgia and high school coaches asking why he hasn't made an effort to get to know them are all very real happenings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1