How Do We Investigate The "Power Brokers"

aucanucktiger

I'll keep saying it. It as absolutely amazing how closely this conversation resembles the Gus conversation.

"Harsin did a bad job."
"You hate Harsin and you hate his family and you hope he fails!" 

Not sure what this dude has done to earn this devotion from some of y'all, but if you don't want people to criticize the coach, you should probably focus more on hoping he does a better job just like the rest of us are. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'll keep saying it. It as absolutely amazing how closely this conversation resembles the Gus conversation.

"Harsin did a bad job."

Not sure what this dude has done to earn this devotion from some of y'all, but if you don't want people to criticize the coach, you should probably focus more on hoping he does a better job just like the rest of us are. 

It's a crazy conversation for sure.  People giving 3 or 4 things Harsin needs to improve on or start doing to do well at Auburn, recruit better and win championships and the response is to say we don't like him and want him to fail.

Like, literally, if I wanted him to fail the last thing I'd be doing is suggesting ways to improve.  I'd just let him fail and look forward to his replacement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

Us fans are hilarious bunch. 

Literally a week ago, the majority was he was gone because A, B, C, D. There is no way he can survive even if he is retained.

Next year when Auburn succeeds: glad he listened to us all along.

If he doesn't change, there is little chance that he will succeed.  That is really the point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

"Harsin did a bad job."

I may be wrong, but I seriously don't recall anyone attacking Gus' family, his character, or creating damaging rumors of infidelity. Criticize his performance and results all you want, but IMO this last dustup was way over the top.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I may be wrong, but I seriously don't recall anyone attacking Gus' family, his character, or creating damaging rumors of infidelity. Criticize his performance and results all you want, but IMO this last dustup was way over the top.

Criticism of his performance and results is exactly what's happening, but a certain subset of the fanbase keeps misattributing it to this, yes, inappropriate but greatly exaggerated dustup.

This was started by rumor and conjecture by social media warriors hiding behind their keyboards, fueled by wannabe “journalists” who absolutely should be held accountable for their actions, stoked by actual complaints from former players and coaches, and unquelled by University leadership that could have nipped things in the bud when it started.

To blame the PTBs for saying “i told ya so,” while simultaneously hoping that they’ll pony up their riches for NIL is at the very least intellectually dishonest. 

Tell our coach to win some games and recruit worth a darn and we’ll talk about who’s to blame. Enough to pass around IMO. 

Edited by passthebiscuits
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

This was started by rumor and conjecture by social media warriors hiding behind their keyboards, fueled by wannabe “journalists” who absolutely should be held accountable for their actions (particularly the one that took a phone call on mute during his “online report” as if something was really happening), stoked by actual complaints from former players and coaches, and unquelled by University leadership that could have nipped things in the bud when it started.

To blame the PTBs for saying “i told ya so,” while simultaneously hoping that they’ll pony up their riches for NIL is at the very least intellectually dishonest. 

I mostly agree but I can’t totally buy this investigation and scandal was started by the social media stuff.

From what I understand the admin was already aware of other red flags and Mason’s exit interview in particular apparently got them to really consider how tenable CBH was.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

unquelled by University leadership that could have nipped things in the bud when it started

Interesting