How did all this start?

creed

Fact versus fiction. Where did this CBH start and what was the facts? Does anyone have a timeline?

• Like 1

No insider knowledge, but it sure seems like it was all the players and coaches leaving that started the actual investigation.  Then twitter and message boards did their thing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

From what I've been able to gather, contrary to Auburn Twitter, this didn't start with the notorious 'powers that be' trying to get Harsin out on the cheap.  It started several months ago with some stories trickling up the chain at Auburn that initially were viewed as the normal stuff you see after a regime change - adjusting to the new guy and the way he does things, people not liking change, Harsin being more demanding than Gus, etc.  But over time the anecdotes kept accumulating and a few sounded more serious and Auburn felt they needed to start digging a little bit to see if there was anything to some of it.  

I believe (I cannot stress enough that this is just me trying to piece bits and pieces together on the timeline and not gospel) this is roughly when certain power players might have gotten more involved and saw a potential opportunity to move on from a coach they didn't want to begin with and who, they felt, was clearly not up for what it takes to recruit in big boy football down here and was taking the program in a bad trajectory.

That led to the leaks and rumors and such over the last 7-10 days and to where we are now.

The PTB's culpability in this is anything they did to leak information. I don't see how they did anything else wrong. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

From what I've been able to gather, contrary to Auburn Twitter, this didn't start with the notorious 'powers that be' trying to get Harsin out on the cheap.  It started several months ago with some stories trickling up the chain at Auburn that initially were viewed as the normal stuff you see after a regime change - adjusting to the new guy and the way he does things, people not liking change, Harsin being more demanding than Gus, etc.  But over time the anecdotes kept accumulating and a few sounded more serious and Auburn felt they needed to start digging a little bit to see if there was anything to some of it.  

I believe (I cannot stress enough that this is just me trying to piece bits and pieces together on the timeline and not gospel) this is roughly when certain power players might have gotten more involved and saw a potential opportunity to move on from a coach they didn't want to begin with and who, they felt, was clearly not up for what it takes to recruit in big boy football down here and was taking the program in a bad trajectory.

That led to the leaks and rumors and such over the last 7-10 days and to where we are now.

Those associated with the leaks should have their Reuben Foster AU tattoos removed from their arms with a skillet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wcware said:

Those associated with the leaks should have their Reuben Foster AU tattoos removed from their arms with a skillet.

How about those that propagated, repeated and forwarded the leaked info. Maybe they should get a DA tattoo on their forehead. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

Here's something from Gouge. 

“Unfortunately, social media fueled wild speculation, substantial misinformation and unfair attacks on good Auburn people."

The sad part is a lot of members of this forum fell for the above to the tune of 212 pages. A sign of mental weakness IMO.

Agree. As i mentioned in another post, social media and media alike are the ruination of society. Journalists have free reign due to the law, but rarely face any repercussions for their untrue, unsupported stories. Journalism has become the biggest career with no integrity since politics proved that long before many of us were born. It is nothing more than a cesspool of crap. I for one after last season have a lot of doubt about whether or not Harsin is good enough to be an SEC coach and much of it is due to lack of recruiting and hiring of coaches that end up being fired or just try to escape. The transfer portal, in the way it is set up is absolutely ruining college football. It’s nothing more than the NFL version of free agency and is a big reason I have cut back on even watching it anymore. He’s the coach for now, better or worse, so I will pull for success for AU, but it will be very difficult with this current team and coaching staff. 

• Like 3

Short answer -- the university felt it had a legal obligation to conduct an investigation.   Longer answer -- years ago the United States Supreme Court decided two cases -Ellerth and Faragher.   The cases both dealt with sexually hostile work environment claims and specifically under what circumstances is an employer vicariously liable for a hostile work environment allegedly created by a supervisor/manager that does not include quid pro quo harassment.   Essentially what the court decided was that an employer has an absolute defense to a hostile environment claim if it "took prompt remedial action" immediately upon learning of allegations of workplace harassment.   "Prompt remedial action" typically includes conducting a fair and impartial investigation to determine the truth or falsity of the alleged claims.  If the allegations are found to be with merit, the employer must then take appropriate actions designed to stop and prevent future misconduct.    Here, social media alleged inappropriate sexual conduct between a manager, Harsin, and a university employee, his assistant.   Despite it merely being a rumor, it was smart, in my legal opinion, to conduct an investigation.  What was not smart was having that investigation become public knowledge.   That is the question in my mind --- how did the investigation become public.   Although Ellerth and Faragher dealt specifically with claims of sexually hostile work environment, many courts use the same analysis to decide various types of related claims.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. As i mentioned in another post, social media and media alike are the ruination of society. Journalists have free reign due to the law, but rarely face any repercussions for their untrue, unsupported stories. Journalism has become the biggest career with no integrity since politics proved that long before many of us were born. It is nothing more than a cesspool of crap. I for one after last season have a lot of doubt about whether or not Harsin is good enough to be an SEC coach and much of it is due to lack of recruiting and hiring of coaches that end up being fired or just try to escape. The transfer portal, in the way it is set up is absolutely ruining college football. It’s nothing more than the NFL version of free agency and is a big reason I have cut back on even watching it anymore. He’s the coach for now, better or worse, so I will pull for success for AU, but it will be very difficult with this current team and coaching staff. 

I couldn’t get past the 1st point of your post. You are on social media claiming it is the ruination of society? Trying to find the logic.

26 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I couldn’t get past the 1st point of your post. You are on social media claiming it is the ruination of society? Trying to find the logic.

I have zero Facebook or any other media account. AU Family is the only media forum I am a part of and I use it to mostly keep up with any AU news. Just like everyone else, I have my opinions, but I stopped watching any and all news channels a few years ago, due to all of the infighting and negativity. My logic is very simple, living in GA and being an AU fan, the only media I pay attention to is this site and the Mobile Register. Yes, it seems that the State of Alabama has very few journalists that truly support AU, but that is generally my only connection to anything AU. I mean ESPN is an awful forum for a true sports fan unless they follow the chosen teams in any sport. I hope that clarifies your misunderstanding of my previous post. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

If we go 5-7 or worse this year with recruiting still in the tank do we think they’ll be good with ponying up the buyout in Dec.?

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

If we go 5-7 or worse this year with recruiting still in the tank do we think they’ll be good with ponying up the buyout in Dec.?

Probably. But then, I thought they’d stroke a check this year after this shitshow and we see what happened. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Probably. But then, I thought they’d stroke a check this year after this shitshow and we see what happened. 

Or he'll pull his University Visa card at Home Depot by accident and that'll be the end.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Just seems like December would be the better time to do it.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Sure save 3-4 mil... I really don't think so unless he does something stupid. 

6 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

coach they didn't want to begin with and who, they felt, was clearly not up for what it takes to recruit in big boy football down here and was taking the program in a bad trajectory.

Well they weren't wrong

3 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I have zero Facebook or any other media account. AU Family is the only media forum I am a part of and I use it to mostly keep up with any AU news. Just like everyone else, I have my opinions, but I stopped watching any and all news channels a few years ago, due to all of the infighting and negativity. My logic is very simple, living in GA and being an AU fan, the only media I pay attention to is this site and the Mobile Register. Yes, it seems that the State of Alabama has very few journalists that truly support AU, but that is generally my only connection to anything AU. I mean ESPN is an awful forum for a true sports fan unless they follow the chosen teams in any sport. I hope that clarifies your misunderstanding of my previous post. 

I appreciate the explanation but was only being spurious. Your life, your choices.

22 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I appreciate the explanation but was only being spurious. Your life, your choices.

I understand no worries. In the end, we all just want AU to become a perennial power. 

It started when Gus got his extension in 2017 and split the PTB. Then it exacerbated when Greene/Gogue hired Harsin independently of PTB and a 3 person Auburn committee to rubber stamp a good ole boy hire. He was in the scope sights from that time on and waiting for anything to bury him. Fortunately he is a hard ass and didn't kiss ass and didn't back down. And here we are. Get on board or GTFO.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

It started when Gus got his extension in 2017 and split the PTB. Then it exacerbated when Greene/Gogue hired Harsin independently of PTB and a 3 person Auburn committee to rubber stamp a good ole boy hire. He was in the scope sights from that time on and waiting for anything to bury him. Fortunately he is a hard ass and didn't kiss ass and didn't back down. And here we are. Get on board or GTFO.

Sounds very plausible to me, but I am curious.  Is this your assessment as an outsider or do you have inside observation of this chain of events 

1 minute ago, aublaise said:

Sounds very plausible to me, but I am curious.  Is this your assessment as an outsider or do you have inside observation of this chain of events 

Entirely speculation from what I have read here and other sources over the last 50 plus years. I am not connected in anyway as an insider, but patterns are pretty easily detected over that timeline. War Eagle!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Get on board or GTFO.

This should be the team motto for the 2022 season!  And it needs to be OUR attitude here. We, the “fans, are hurting this team WAY more than anything else.  I cringe what I read on here sometimes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3