Transfer Portal Management/Results.

Mikey

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

There are a few that I hated. Worm was #1 for me, then Tennison, Pegues and Height. The others? Not so much

I'd add Kobe, mostly because there's not much left behind. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

There are a few that I hated. Worm was #1 for me, then Tennison, Pegues and Height. The others? Not so much

Emotionally, Worm was definitely #1 for me.  I feel like he was never used as much as he should have been.  I know he may not be the talent that Tank is, but he has different skill set that could have been better used.

For ability & upside, the one that is killing me is Pegues.  I really believe he is a tremendous athlete and could be an elite DL.  Now if he was insisting on being TE, then I get it.  I don't think that is his next level talent.  But maybe I am wrong.

Either way, best of luck to all the young men who left and thank you for your efforts at AU.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

For ability & upside, the one that is killing me is Pegues.  I really believe he is a tremendous athlete and could be an elite DL.  Now if he was insisting on being TE, then I get it.  I don't think that is his next level talent.  But maybe I am wrong.

You're not wrong. He'll play DL at Ole Miss. Kiffin actually was quoted as saying Pegues is an NFL DL last year, I believe. Definitely at some point long before JJ transferred there.

I think general consensus is that he only came to Auburn for Gus and because he was going to get a legit shot at TE. He was a tough pull out of MS. But with Gus and his dreams of pass catching glory gone, he had no reason not to move back closer to home. 

At least that's my understanding of the tea leaves.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, cbo said:

Ha, I'd already forgotten about him. So, yikes

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Worm was beloved and was not a soft player but with Tank, the emergence of Hunter, and signing of Alston he realized he would probably get even less touches then last year. Some of the players left because there were players ahead of them and they wanted a chance to showcase their skills. Some left because they did not like the coaching staff's style. This staff was more demanding then previous staff on things like being on-time to sessions.  We lost 20 players not all of them made comments like Hunter. Some of the players who openly supported Harsin said it was because he was a hard ass and wanted the players to be the best they could be.  There is probably some truth on both sides.

People don't realize stuff like this. Dude was awesome and rightfully a fan favorite, but the reality is that he had been quickly passed by freshmen two years in a row, despite calls for him to be RB1 in 2020 and then saying no way Jarquez would pass him this year. Now he would have to fend off Alston and possibly another portal guy

• Like 2

18 hours ago, au302 said:

People don't realize stuff like this. Dude was awesome and rightfully a fan favorite, but the reality is that he had been quickly passed by freshmen two years in a row, despite calls for him to be RB1 in 2020 and then saying no way Jarquez would pass him this year. Now he would have to fend off Alston and possibly another portal guy

Absolutely! Worm made the right decision to leave. Sad to see him go given his personality and ability but he was not going to move up the chart. Hunter should be better in year two and Tank is Tank. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 11:41 AM, cbo said:

And JJ leaving too for that same reason

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

🤔

Hopefully the other thread is right and he's coming back.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Hopefully the other thread is right and he's coming back.

I hope so too. 

Choose hope over despondency

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I hope so too. 

Choose hope over despondency

That was the first time I've seen anyone say he wasn't leaving and coming back.  I guess we'll find out pretty soon when spring practice starts.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

That was the first time I've seen anyone say he wasn't leaving and coming back.  I guess we'll find out pretty soon when spring practice starts.

I thought it had been discussed already.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I thought it had been discussed already.

It's possible I missed it. I've been mostly out of pocked since mid last week

As we all know, there will be many players deciding to leave their prospective teams down the road, once spring is over. We just have to play with who we have in august.