Expectations For Harsin

Rednilla

Expectations  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is the bare minimum Bryan Harsin has to accomplish in the regular season to warrant a third year at Auburn?

• 6 wins or less (i.e. he should get a third year regardless of what happens on the field)
    • 7 Wins, Recruiting in top 20 nationally
    • 7 Wins, Recruiting in top 10 nationally
    • 8 Wins, Recruiting in top 20 nationally
    • 8 Wins, Recruiting in top 15 nationally
    • 8 Wins, Recruiting in top 10 nationally
    • 9 Wins, Recruiting in top 20 nationally
    • 9 Wins, Recruiting in top 15 nationally
    • 9 Wins, Recruiting in top 10 nationally
    • 10 Wins, Recruiting in top 10 nationally

34 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Todd Bowles, as in the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? You must think Auburn has a lot of pull...

Forgot about that but if Auburn had acted on him instead of Harsin he was DC of Tampa at that time but we mess around with HS coaches and BSU coaches oh well JABA.

7 hours ago, e808 said:

Respectfully calling a spade a spade. Cristobal is no better than Freeze. Freeze issue is what separates them. Freeze did something wrong but does that mean he can’t right a wrong. Good thing that didn’t stop the CBP hire. Cristobal might create buzz but IMO has massively underachieved. Most don’t think Gus is the greatest coach and he beat him at a neutral site with a freshmen Qb starting for the very first time. Let that sink in and Oregon had a first round quarterback 

Don't equate what Bruce did with what Freeze did.  The two offenses are not even close.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

Todd Boles, Eric bienemy or Mike zimmer

LOL.  This is not a reasonable list.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, au302 said:

It's because he was recruiting #1 at OM with massive cheating and because he runs Gus's offense with a more dynamic passing game. It's laughable to me because it doesnt change the fact that it's still a HS offense. And personally I'm not one to judge his off field transgressions, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of people will and it would absolutely be easy negative recruiting. There will be mothers of recruits that would not want him in their homes. If we don't go big after BH with a Rhule, Fickell, etc., I'd rather go for someone like Jeff Grimes or Jeff Lebby over Hugh

Straight facts about his offense

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Not for me it's not

Well good thing you aren't very reasonable so your opinion doesn't hold much weight.

52 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Forgot about that but if Auburn had acted on him instead of Harsin he was DC of Tampa at that time but we mess around with HS coaches and BSU coaches oh well JABA.

You really think a top NFL coordinator is going to come to Auburn and build up the program? I mean, even if we convinced Bienemy to leave KC, how long will it take for him to have a head coach job in the NFL if he does well here? And who is to say he'd be amenable to coaching in college in the first place? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He wouldn't have left the Tampa DC job for the AU job.

41 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

You really think a top NFL coordinator is going to come to Auburn and build up the program? I mean, even if we convinced Bienemy to leave KC, how long will it take for him to have a head coach job in the NFL if he does well here? And who is to say he'd be amenable to coaching in college in the first place? 

It's fiction.

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

He wouldn't have left the Tampa DC job for the AU job.

How do you know. I don't remember anyone asking for him to say no.  JABA.  Hexwill say no so not ask him and go get a BSU coach.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carnell said:

How do you know. I don't remember anyone asking for him to say no.  JABA.  Hexwill say no so not ask him and go get a BSU coach.

Wait are you trolling now because I really can't tell anymore...

If you aren't trolling I refer to Rednilla's response. Also: https://www.nfl.com/players/tom-brady/stats/career

Edited by Didba

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

So instead of hiring a coach that builds us into a winner and we have to go get another coach in 3 or 4 years let's continue with our current trajectory and hire a coaches like Gus that will win enough to stay around a few years but when people finally wake up to run him off he has not moved the program an inch.

3 minutes ago, Carnell said:

So instead of hiring a coach that builds us into a winner and we have to go get another coach in 3 or 4 years let's continue with our current trajectory and hire a coaches like Gus that will win enough to stay around a few years but when people finally wake up to run him off he has not moved the program an inch.

LMAO. You really aren't trolling.  Also, your response doesn't respond to anything Rednilla said...

Edited by Didba

3 hours ago, Didba said:

LOL.  This is not a reasonable list.

I was reading, waiting for someone to say this. This is why we can't have nice things. 

Do people really think these names would go down to the college ranks? And even if they did, Professional ball coaching is much different than the college game. In fact, I tend to believe most of these guys prefer the professional league because of such. 

Eric B named has been floated along how many NFL head coaching jobs? He gets to coach a generational talent but we think he will come here LMAO.

• Like 2

Any of Grimes, Freeze, Prime, or McGee suffices for me—but do we think we could get any of them if we need a new coach? We could end up as the second worst coaching job in the league (definitely will if we get FL as our third). 🤢 

Edited by AUwent

If we had gotten any of those mentioned from NFL, there are some on here that would not give them time to build. Would probably just say they couldn’t recruit so time to move on.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought the game against Bama was definitely competitive.

It was. Then turn around and lose to Houston the next game? Do you think the UAT loss gave some indication of big things to come? Or was it the last hurrah for Mason's defense? AU had chances, late, to score at least three more points and actually win. But no.....

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

If we had gotten any of those mentioned from NFL, there are some on here that would not give them time to build. Would probably just say they couldn’t recruit so time to move on.

And, if after 17 months nothing solid had been built, nothing positive had been accomplished, it would be time to turn up the flames under the hot seat.

Currently, after 17 months, the only POSITIVE thing to Harsin's credit worth mentioning is the unlikely hiring of Ike Hilliard as the WR coach. Hiring one assistant coach with a big name isn't much brag about for 17 months on the job.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Didba said:

Don't equate what Bruce did with what Freeze did.  The two offenses are not even close.

Maybe not but it isn’t Baylor or Penn State either. They both where wrong and caused violations. We have to stop being so judgemental . He did stuff that males do. That’s something his wife has to deal with. His personal life isn’t my problem. He will eventually end up at a big school whether it’s now or later.

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Carnell said:

I mean our head coaches in the modern era came from Wyoming, Samford, Ole Miss, Iowa State, Arkansas State, and Boise State. People can make fun of Boise all they want, but ironically, it's arguably the best program out of all of those. The data would certainly indicate so even though ISU and OM are P5

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Are our boosters ever going to start spending NIL $? That’s about the only thing that makes me feel like he should get another year regardless.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Are our boosters ever going to start spending NIL $?

No.....................ok went don't go jumping off a cliff I'm just kidding sorta

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

And, if after 17 months nothing solid had been built, nothing positive had been accomplished, it would be time to turn up the flames under the hot seat.

Currently, after 17 months, the only POSITIVE thing to Harsin's credit worth mentioning is the unlikely hiring of Ike Hilliard as the WR coach. Hiring one assistant coach with a big name isn't much brag about for 17 months on the job.

He did win in Red Stick, something Auburn had not done in more than two decades. But don't let anyone take the air out of your bluster.

By the way, the reason people see you as a Gus fanboy is that you invariably came to Malzahn's defense for YEARS when he didn't deserve it, and now you're not giving Harsin the least amount of slack. It's not difficult to notice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Are our boosters ever going to start spending NIL $? That’s about the only thing that makes me feel like he should get another year regardless.

I think some NIL dollars have been spent already. Otherwise those 5th and 6th year OL guys wouldn't be back on the team. They'd be getting on with their lives. Tank probably got some significant cash. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if nearly every scholarship football and basketball player is getting a few hundred a month just to sweeten the pot.

As for huge bucks to lure potential signees, so far we haven't gotten any interest from the million dollar types and likely won't unless the current staff demonstrates that they can compete for championships.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Carnell said:

What is it that makes you think that any of those coaches would have come to Auburn?

• Like 1