Mike Farrell on Harsin

AU-24

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Totally respect what you’re saying. This is Philip Marshall’s take on what really goes on behind the scenes. I tend to believe this, which is why I think we could still get one of the best coaches in the country. If the reason we can’t, is because the SEC West is too tough, hopefully that will change when the conference expands. Just my two cents.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/PMARSHONAU-Monday-reflections-from-Auburn-and-beyond-189314474/

Appreciate the info and yes, I had read that article. I share some of your concerns about the football program but don't put much stock in PM anymore. I have lost a lot of respect for him over the years. He deals in innuendo more these days and was right in the middle of this stuff stirring the pot. Anyway, I hear what you are saying, we just disagree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, woodford said:

I agree with you but with a caveat. Basketball has always been dreadful so no one really cares. This is a fun time but come on, PTB don’t really care about basketball. That could change. Keep this up for a decade and it could become something that they start to fight over. 

Really?

A +$90million Arena, a lifetime contract for Bruce which ranks among the highest paid HC's in college ball and a brand new basketball-only-facility has been approved for construction.  All that tells me Auburn PTB really care about basketball. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Appreciate the info and yes, I had read that article. I share some of your concerns about the football program but don't put much stock in PM anymore. I have lost a lot of respect for him over the years. He deals in innuendo more these days and was right in the middle of this stuff stirring the pot. Anyway, I hear what you are saying, we just disagree.

:cheers:

PM wrote CBH off in February and had him fired/terminated/GONE the entire grueling week of that mess and he claimed it was "based on his sources." 😒

He has lost any connections he ever had within the athletic department, now all he has left is to regurgitate stale pablum from his past. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Totally respect what you’re saying. This is Philip Marshall’s take on what really goes on behind the scenes. I tend to believe this, which is why I think we could still get one of the best coaches in the country. If the reason we can’t, is because the SEC West is too tough, hopefully that will change when the conference expands. Just my two cents.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/PMARSHONAU-Monday-reflections-from-Auburn-and-beyond-189314474/

Here’s reality:

Most people who talk about boosters are really talking about trustees. Those trustees, as well as boosters who are not trustees, are free to have their opinions heard. That does not mean they get their way. If it did mean that, neither Gene Chizik nor Gus Malzahn nor Bryan Harsin would have been Auburn’s head coach.

It’s kind of amusing to hear talk about those trustees and/or boosters wanting access to the program, wanting to “hang around” the athletic department and stand on the sideline. None of those things happen. The other popular mantra is that they want to control the head coach. What do they want to control? What can they control? Again, they are free to express their opinions. The head coach is free to listen or not. They have no leverage to force a head coach do anything. Trustees and boosters have influence in every program. Many of them have more influence than any individual has at Auburn.

No matter what you hear, that’s the truth of the situation.

Geeze, this is like reading/watching Russian State News...

Marshall writes what his handlers, i.e. the Trustees want him to write.

To believe that man is just like listening to an Evangelical preacher: Ignorant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

I mean, Napier straight turned us down. 

He had a good spot at the moment to be fair.

im sure someone will say that he did this prior season before leaving too, but I think Florida is honestly an easier job than us, and one that’s better set up for the future of CFB (and present). State or Florida embraced NIL quite a bit iirc, and UF has been very responsive from the jump to Napier’s NIL pushes from what little I’ve read on the topic. 

I mean, Napier straight turned us down. 

That’s definitely not what was said when this was all going down. It sounded like he had a set of demands that we weren’t willing to satisfy. 

17 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

If Harsin is fired at year two after everything that’s happened, who do you think is a realistic homerun hire?

Stoops, Kiffin, Freeze

35 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Geeze, this is like reading/watching Russian State News...or Fox News

Marshall writes what his handlers, i.e. the Trustees want him to write.

To believe that man is just like listening to an Evangelical preacher: Ignorant.

Billy Graham and Franklin Graham are ignorant? What about Charles Stanley?

Never said we offered. 

Outside of iNsIdEr InFo, ever report on Napier, both legit and sketchy fan site says Napier was the one to say no. 

Since I don't know either way, I'll just stick to it being unknown. 

Those places seem much more willing to let a guy do his thing than Auburn. Well that and the holier than thou requirement for football coaches which automatically disqualifies the likes of kiffen/freeze/etc for many. 

I think after Harsin, the holier than thou now requirement may have been diminished a bit.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No he did not we turned him down...for the last time we never offered him

Is it really just semantics at this point?  Did we never offer him b/c we weren't going to pay him the 6.5mm or whatever his demands were?  Not arguing...asking

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Billy Graham and Franklin Graham are ignorant? What about Charles Stanley?

Yep.  

And Charles knows I think he is a complete fraud.  Told him several times. 

Rich they are.  Which what you Evangies think it's all about, other than a free ticket to heaven for a few...

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

Bob Stoops is making the case to be our version of Jon Gruden. Unless CBH completely drops the ball next year , it would be foolish IMO to fire him. It would set a precedent to the way the school handles adversity but more so the next coach you bring in, you will be over paying because they would be a fool to not have a size-able buy out after that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Yep.  

Rich they are.  Which what you Evangies think it's all about, other than a free ticket to heaven for a few...

Brother I can only imagine why you feel all Christians are rich and ignorant.   I suspect a "Christian" really hurt you at some point in your life.  Not all Christians are as you believe them to be.  If you ever have a free hour on a Sunday, come check out Church of the Highlands, in person or online.    

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Brother I can only imagine why you feel all Christians are rich and ignorant.   I suspect a "Christian" really hurt you at some point in your life.  Not all Christians are as you believe them to be.  If you ever have a free hour on a Sunday, come check out Church of the Highlands, in person or online.    

This is definitely not the medium for this but I don’t think he things all Christian are like that. He is speaking of televangelist and I would agree myself being a person of faith.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Is it really just semantics at this point?  Did we never offer him b/c we weren't going to pay him the 6.5mm or whatever his demands were?  Not arguing...asking

Well we told him no before it got any farther but as you say is really doesn't matter. 

BN has all the money his ask for at UF just got approved for $2 million budget for recruiting which is a 55% increase from last year. UGA is $3.6 million BN better start showing results now.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:10 PM, e808 said:

I have a question. Why is Harsin considered the greatest hire ever at Auburn. Is it just based off the wins. All those wins and there are no individual awards as a coach.  In contrast Billy Napier at Florida has 2 Coach of the year awards and the former coach had assistant coach of the year.

Also think about this how successful were Hawkins and Peterson after leaving Boise.

Peterson got Washington into the playoffs, at least...

I'm not saying Harsin is the greatest hire ever at Auburn (and I'm not sure where exactly you pulled that from, because I don't think anybody has said that since the day he was hired), but if you're blaming him for last year, I don't think you understand how poor of shape the program was in when he got here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Yep.  

Sad you feel that way with all the poor and sick they have helped. But, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This isn’t a particularly reasonable response anyway, but what’s wrong with Kiffin? He’s been a stellar floor raiser, and I think that’s all many Auburn fans have wanted for years 

People complain about in game coaching decisions.  Kiffin lost last year to us because he wouldn't kick a field goal.  I'm all for analytics and shiz but that was very bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Stoops, Kiffin, Freeze

champoy-el-risitas.gif.545de0d904ce7ac508c13de251dc13cc.gif

The man said realistic and you reply Stoops,

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Stop with the televangelist/religion references.....

Needs to be taken to the political forum for religion stuff. 

Edited 

Yeah, let's get back to our bafflingly low recruiting budget. Are we just trying to become a Sun Belt team? Then again, Ole Miss and USCe have even smaller budgets than us and currently have brighter outlooks than we do.

Edited by AUwent

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm asking nicely one more time to stop. It you want to talk religion take it to political forum

My bad Golf.

• Thanks 1