SECMD22 - Auburn

W.E.D

18 hours ago, au302 said:

Cancel culture is a very serious thing, especially when your family gets dragged into it with you. That's basically what happened to this guy. They tried to cancel him. Good on him for taking up for himself, his family, and his players. A lot of people don't 

Cancel culture is fine until it isn't true imo

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

Boy. We really need some good stuff on the football field to get our brand up.....

Surely this is /s

16 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Players who left, coaches who left, people associated with his program at Boise...

Harsin was and is a known a**hole. That's only ok if you win and have some level of professionalism to keep staff/recruits around

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif.eb1c460b38a0d9c1b6924dcd97331a68.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Haha, MOST successful football coaches are total a**holes in case you hadnt noticed. Unsuccessful ones too.

Yet even the unsuccessful ones aren't having players and coaches try to escape. 

I've worked with both the successful and unsuccessful coaches. None made me want jump ship. 

If you don't understand that being an a**hole doesn't automatically mean unprofessional/a bad work environment i cant help you. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Yet even the unsuccessful ones aren't having players and coaches try to escape. 

I've worked with both the successful and unsuccessful coaches. None made me want jump ship. 

If you don't understand that being an a**hole doesn't automatically mean unprofessional/a bad work environment i cant help you. 

People leave and go all the time with new management. Same with coaching changes. It’s no different with Auburn. Our fans our just being dramatic because they are seeing the ramifications of it actually happening to us. Now you are accusing this guy of having a toxic environment ? Lol. And I know you are going to point to the people who left , and guess what I am going to point to the people who stayed. Chances are , if the environment was as bad as you claim

A). He would be fired for cause

B). He wouldn’t have a team

The bottom line is you don’t like where he has Auburn now as a head coach and currently it seems like you don’t want him to be Auburn’s head coach. Nothing he said or didn’t say at the podium was going to change that for a few of us.

So please stop with the extremes.

• Like 6

Another thing , some of you are dang hypocrites. Some of you are mad at CBH, but be the same people who want Lane Kiffin. CLK says whatever the heck he wants.

Some of you guys , in anonymity, whine to the mods because you think people get to personal with you (yes the mods do be telling some of us when y’all go crying to them). Yet, this man said a quick, specific statement in regards to “personal” attacks toward him and his family and y’all are upset with it. 

Imagine if there was no anonymous posting here and some of us got a hold of others personal stuff and started fake rumors? How would you feel ? Half of y’all would’ve broken a long time ago.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

People leave and go all the time with new management. Same with coaching changes. It’s no different with Auburn. Our fans our just being dramatic because they are seeing the ramifications of it actually happening to us. Now you are accusing this guy of having a toxic environment ? Lol. And I know you are going to point to the people who left , and guess what I am going to point to the people who stayed. Chances are , if the environment was as bad as you claim

The bottom line is you don’t like where he has Auburn now as a head coach and currently it seems like you don’t want him to be Auburn’s head coach. Nothing he said or didn’t say at the podium was going to change that for a few of us.

It isn't just at Auburn. Dude went through like 20 assistants and 5 OCs in 6 years. Hell he is already 3 coordinaters and 5 assistance deep at Auburn. 

Just because some stay and some go in this singular instance isn't the issue, it's the pattern over his career that makes people call him a toxic ass.  

You're right though, I hated the hire when it was made, but I supported him and gave him a chance. To date he has proven to be exactly what was said from the Boise crowd. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Another thing , some of you are dang hypocrites. Some of you are mad at CBH, but be the same people who want Lane Kiffin. CLK says whatever the heck he wants.

It's almost like personality plays an important role in that. People love kiffen. He connects with recruits, gets along with staff, is overall a likeable person. This seems to be the exact opposite of Harsin. It also doesn't hurt that kiffen is an offensive genius with a much better history and is making his team better. 

It's the same with Leach. He was attacked by freaking ESPN for goodness sake and you never know what that dude is gonna say. Bit damn if people don't love to listen to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

That’s not a big deal.   Have you seen Nick Saban?!?!?   Winning >>>>>> political game.   IF (and that may be the largest if in the history of ifs) CBH winds up developing a winning program at AU, his “rough around the edges” demeanor and lack of political game will be so charming to all of us!!!

Yeah, Saban has done nothing to align everyone, get all the boosters pulling in one single direction, and being a leader to get everyone on board.

Are you kidding me?  He worked the s*** out of the REC behind the scenes. 

He had one of the best classes ever after going 6-6 or whatever he did in year one with a loss to LaMo

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

It isn't just at Auburn. Dude went through like 20 assistants and 5 OCs in 6 years. Hell he is already 3 coordinaters and 5 assistance deep at Auburn. 

Just because some stay and some go in this singular instance isn't the issue, it's the pattern over his career that makes people call him a toxic ass.  

You're right though, I hated the hire when it was made, but I supported him and gave him a chance. To date he has proven to be exactly what was said from the Boise crowd. 

So once again, if it was a toxic environment why wasn't he fired?

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

It's almost like personality plays an important role in that. People love kiffen. He connects with recruits, gets along with staff, is overall a likeable person. This seems to be the exact opposite of Harsin. It also doesn't hurt that kiffen is an offensive genius with a much better history and is making his team better. 

It's the same with Leach. He was attacked by freaking ESPN for goodness sake and you never know what that dude is gonna say. Bit damn if people don't love to listen to it. 

So here is the hypocrisy. It is only okay to not be political correct or cause a "toxic" environment if he is successful on the field. That is my point with you, auwent, and several others, it wouldn't matter what he says because your mind is clearly made up until we see results in recruiting and the field. So stop making this huge ass ordeal over comments at a presser. If he would've said all the right things in your eyes, you still would consider that coaches fodder until he proved it on the field.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I'm liking Tank's attitude. Hope everyone else with the team has that same feeling.

All I want is for him to have a decent OL. Would do wonders for Auburn football. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I'm going to respond to this in two ways, not sure which exactly your intent is....

1.  I'd love to see a venn diagram of the ppl calling for Lane & also complaining about our recruiting.  There are a lot of suggestions on how Harsin doesn't get or care about recruiting, but it is a damn fact Lane hates to recruit HS kids.  Relying on the portal is going to lead to really up and down results.

2.  Lane is a bit unfiltered, but he's taking jabs around the SEC and at other programs.  Unless I haven't seen it, he's not making comments publicly directly at their biggest boosters and calling them out.

Maybe there was a slight chance Harsin won this year and could bring Auburn together....whatever that chance is now drastically lower and just further hardens both camps being stuborn a**holes who have their personal agendas vs what is best for AU.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm going to respond to this in two ways, not sure which exactly your intent is....

1.  I'd love to see a venn diagram of the ppl calling for Lane & also complaining about our recruiting.  There are a lot of suggestions on how Harsin doesn't get or care about recruiting, but it is a damn fact Lane hates to recruit HS kids.  Relying on the portal is going to lead to really up and down results.

2.  Lane is a bit unfiltered, but he's taking jabs around the SEC and at other programs.  Unless I haven't seen it, he's not making comments publicly directly at their biggest boosters and calling them out.

Maybe there was a slight chance Harsin won this year and could bring Auburn together....whatever that chance is now drastically lower and just further hardens both camps being stuborn a**holes who have their personal agendas vs what is best for AU.

So once again we need to make a distinction. If you want to call CBH for things related to the football field that's all fair game. However, if you are critiquing him for not being political correct, but then praise CLK for it, this is very hypocritical. I have no problem with people being pissed off about CBH r/t Auburn football. Yet, we have people tying personal feelings with football issues. Those are two different dang things. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Add Greene as well, that's who they really want out.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Add Greene as well, that's who they really want out.

Who wants Greene out? Auburn sports programs overall are doing great. Basically, every sport except football is at least acceptable and Gym, baseball and basketball are national contenders as are both men's and women's golf. Greene gets at least an A- from any objective observer.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

So once again, if it was a toxic environment why wasn't he fired?

Because that isn't cause. The same reason businesses around the world have toxic workplaces and management. 

I'd assume the cost of firing him for that reason outweighed any positives. 

Without cause, he is owed his buyout and Auburn is without a staff, and in a (almost) worst case scenario. 

50 minutes ago, DAG said:

So here is the hypocrisy. It is only okay to not be political correct or cause a "toxic" environment if he is successful on the field. That is my point with you, auwent, and several others, it wouldn't matter what he says because your mind is clearly made up until we see results in recruiting and the field. So stop making this huge ass ordeal over comments at a presser. If he would've said all the right things in your eyes, you still would consider that coaches fodder until he proved it on the field.

You keep trying to make this a black and white situation. That isn't true. Take out kiffen or leaches winning record and people still like them. Success helps, but if you'll notice, i placed kiffen's success as an afterthought. Thus making his likeable personality and ability to connect with people at the forefront. 

You seem to have this belief that i think him winning would automatically make him a non-toxic individual. This is false and a made up assertion. I've said winning is how he keeps his job. Repairing his earned reputation as a toxic person will take more. 

Coming out swinging at the boosters and worse the university itself doesn't do anything to help his cause. It only forces him to win to string arm the boosters/university to bend to his will. 

Also, you keep saying politically correct. That has nothing to do with this. You can be an a**hole and be professional and non toxic. You can be politically correct and still be a s***ty employer. 

You're trying to argue that a**hole automatically means bad unless winning. No one is saying that. 

12 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Take out kiffen or leaches winning record and people still like them.

That is a major assumption. Particular for Lane Kiffen this is absolutely false as he was ridiculed and disliked by many prior to his redemption run with CNS. So let's not act like CLK is a favorite.

You seem to have this belief that i think him winning would automatically make him a non-toxic individual.

Why do you keep saying he is a toxic individual? That is completely your opinion, based on your subjective limited views. There is no objective data that supports this, other than people either like him or they don't. 

Because that isn't cause.

Really? Coaches have been fired under the whelm of "unprofessional conduct" plenty. Hell the GT female basketball coach got fired strictly because of that back in 2019.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/georgia-tech-coach-fired-alleged-toxic-culture-coach/story?id=61980171

It is a slippery slope and that is why lawsuits tend to follow. I am pretty sure we had a player make veiled allegation of abuse by CBH in fact. Now you are just making things up.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Clearly this is about guys who didn't like when he was hired so they are around to say I was right

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Clearly this is about guys who didn't like when he was hired so they are around to say I was right

How bout it Cole...u keeping the board under control?

1 hour ago, DAG said:

So once again we need to make a distinction. If you want to call CBH for things related to the football field that's all fair game. However, if you are critiquing him for not being political correct, but then praise CLK for it, this is very hypocritical. I have no problem with people being pissed off about CBH r/t Auburn football. Yet, we have people tying personal feelings with football issues. Those are two different dang things. 

I don't want Lane as our coach.

From afar, I think Lane is funny.  I don't think it really is anything to do with PC, he's just a character.  I don't really mind this, but I think it's not really in the same category as Harsin's comments yesterday.  Harsin wasn't cheeky joking about something else.  He was being a hardo/false bravado/publicly arguing with admins/donor/etc and just making the current toxic environment even worse & continuing to air our dirty laundry.

Maybe I'm wrong and the statement was more targeted to recruits listening and trying to combat some of the negative comments they get fed.  I'm just looking at it wrong and it's not going to do anything internally and it'll help recruiting.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Are we arguing with Gus apologists here?

I liked the Harsin hire, but I'm critical of him where I think it's deserved.  I think he's done well on everything related to on the field play & been close to a disaster at anything happening off the football field. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't want Lane as our coach.

From afar, I think Lane is funny.  I don't think it really is anything to do with PC, he's just a character.  I don't really mind this, but I think it's not really in the same category as Harsin's comments yesterday.  Harsin wasn't cheeky joking about something else.  He was being a hardo/false bravado/publicly arguing with admins/donor/etc and just making the current toxic environment even worse & continuing to air our dirty laundry.

Maybe I'm wrong and the statement was more targeted to recruits listening and trying to combat some of the negative comments they get fed.  I'm just looking at it wrong and it's not going to do anything internally and it'll help recruiting.

What dirty laundry did he air out? Everything is out. The elephant in the room was there. He addressed it early and rightfully so. If it was purely about football that would be one thing but it was not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

What dirty laundry did he air out? Everything is out. The elephant in the room was there. He addressed it early and rightfully so. If it was purely about football that would be one thing but it was not.

I guess maybe he brought it back to the headline?  It's 90% of what anyone is talking about.  As I said in my OP, I think it could have been address better w/out being antagonistic towards certain groups....said groups that are eventually needed if Auburn wants to reach it's full potential.

I think I've been pretty consistent with my praise for him wrt anything related to Football.  He's been great there, developed a broken QB...and I hope/think we'll see the same with ZC 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1