It’s a cult

TexasTiger

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Come on man, Comey stood up on national TV and said he wasn’t going to prosecute.  He was the head of the FBI at the time.  If it wasn’t his place to say that, how did he get away with it? 

You are splitting hairs here.  You know what was said.

Because Comey had decided not to recommend prosecution to the DOJ, which is effectively the same thing

Duuuuh! :-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Come on man, Comey stood up on national TV and said he wasn’t going to prosecute.  He was the head of the FBI at the time.  If it wasn’t his place to say that, how did he get away with it? 

You are splitting hairs here.  You know what was said.

See Homer's response. 

Edited by Didba

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

So you were splitting hairs, got it.

Such pedanticism (if that's a word) only emphasizes how you just got owned.

And what's really funny, is YOU are the one "splitting hairs". :rolleyes:

Cut your losses and avoid looking ridiculous (if you can).

Edited by homersapien
  • Dislike 2

16 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Just a fascinating display of the mindset of someone who has been brainwashed.

Not nice to talk about Homer like that….

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Leftfield said:

One more try:

He was not investigating anyone just because they disagreed. The action came about due to the crazies that couldn't stop losing their minds and began threatening and even assaulting school board members. You are, yet again, being dishonest.

So, for the third time, debate the merits of the feds stepping in if you want, but stop twisting the facts.

You misconstrue, obfuscate, try to deflect from the subject at hand, and will absolutely never, never admit you're wrong. It's odd: you claim to dislike Trump yet you debate just like him.

Lets try some history; on June 22, 2021 at the Loudoun County School Board meeting Mr Smith was arrested for causing a scene.  He was trying to speak at the school board meeting only to be rejected and forcibly removed.  Why was Mr. Smith so upset?  His daughter had been raped on May 28th by a transgender girl in the girls bathroom and the Loudoun County School Board Superintendent was in the process of covering it up.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/oct/13/virginia-father-says-school-board-covered-sexual-a/

From the article:

Immediately before Mr. Smith‘s arrest at the school board meeting, Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Superintendent Scott Ziegler claimed that “the predator transgender student or person simply does not exist.” He said that to his knowledge “we don’t have any record of assaults occurring in our restrooms,” according to the report.

The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to the news site that there was a May 28 report that listed an “Offense: Forcible Sodomy [and] Sexual Battery” at Stone Bridge High School.

On September 29th 2021 the NTSA sent Biden a letter spelling out several examples of disruptions at school board meetings.  The Loudoun County School Board incident was one as the arrest of Mr. Smith went viral.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21094557-national-school-boards-association-letter-to-biden

Notice that this letter was only sent to Biden and no other government entity.  It also suggested that these parents could be determined to be *domestic terrorists*.

From the letter:

As these acts of malice, violence, and threats against public school officials have increased, the classification of these heinous actions could be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes.

This is where the domestic terrorist remark comes from.  It was not made out of whole cloth.

From the NY Post on Oct 21. 2021:

Top officials of a national school board group talked to the White House days before Attorney General Merrick Garland ordered the FBI to investigate complaints of threats from parents, newly released emails reveal.

The emails raise serious questions about whether the White House ordered Garland to have the FBI investigate confrontations and other incidents at local school board meetings across the US.

Garland announced on Oct. 4 (5 day later) that the FBI would take the lead on probing what he called “a disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence against school administrators, board members, teachers, and staff.”

In his initial message, Slaven mentioned that “in talks over the last several weeks with White House staff, they requested additional information on some of the specific threats, so the letter also details many of the incidents that have been occurring.”

Under questioning Thursday from House Judiciary Committee ranking member Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Garland denied that anyone from the White House had spoken to him about the NSBA letter, but added, “I am sure — at least, I certainly would believe that the White House communicated its concerns about the letter to the Justice Department.”

When Jordan asked whether Garland or anyone at the Justice Department discussed his Oct. 4 memo with anyone at the White House, the attorney general answered: “I did not. I don’t know whether anyone discussed the memo. I am sure that the communication from the National Association of School Boards was discussed between the White House and the Justice Department and that’s perfectly appropriate.”

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/wh-aided-school-board-groups-letter-before-garland-sicced-fbi-on-parents/

So, it took the DOJ just 5 days to look into these allegations to determine they had to act?  For some reason local law enforcement was inadequate to do its job.  It is pretty obvious there was a great deal of influence from the WH to investigate parents.

Later in the month of October:

Garland argued the NSBA’s follow-up apology letter “does not change the association’s concern about violence and threats of violence” and that “it alters some of the language in the letter, language that we did not rely on and language which we did not rely on in my own memorandum.”

The original NSBA letter referred to school board protests as akin to domestic terrorism and asked the Biden DOJ to consider deploying the Patriot Act. After a national outcry and pushback from its board members and state-level chapters, the NSBA backed away from its letter late Friday.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/garland-defends-doj-memo-despite-nsba-letter-being-withdrawn

The NSBA said they made a mistake, but the DOJ is committed to harassment.

Remember Mr. Smith, one of the examples of a parent disagreeing vehemently with the school board.  It turns our the Superintendent of Loudoun County School put the transgender movement over the safety of his students and did, in face, try to cover up the sexual assault.  Mr. Smith had every right to be heard but was shut down by the school board that its association that is trying to strong arm any dissent.

Below is what Jim Jordan has stated about FBI investigating parents.  I’m sure you won’t believe a word of it, but here it is.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2022/may/republicans-offer-proof-of-fbi-targeting-parents-in-almost-every-region-for-speaking-out-at-school-board-meetings

You may believe Garland is independent, but I think he is Biden’s wing man.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Regardless of the hairsplitting convention above, the reason Comey said he was not going to prosecute is because it was Lynch's job, but Lynch was compromised by the tarmac meeting and told Comey she would do whatever he said.  So it was not Comey's job to decide, it was Lorettas. She was dirty and still is but she recognized how it would look. Comey looked at the polls, saw no way for Trump to win, and made that fateful choice to not prosecute, run interference for the Clintons, and save his job for the next administration.  He knew if he prosecuted, he was toast in a Clinton administration (and probably would commit suicide soon with two gunshot wounds to the back of the head). A whole life of integrity regarding both parties gone in a flash, courtesy of the Clintons and their garbage. 

Numerous Air Force people during my career were prosecuted and jailed or demoted and fined for merely leaving a piece of secret material on their desk while they went to lunch, or overnite despite locked secure doors and guards, or leaving the safe open while they took a leak.  And they were definitely not selling.  So you don't know of which you speak regarding prosecution for mishandling classified. Hillary literally was the classification authority while she was at State. Thats probably why there were so many unmarked but classified documents. Serious negligence (which does meet the standard for prosecution).

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

On September 29th 2021 the NTSA sent Biden a letter spelling out several examples of disruptions at school board meetings.  The Loudoun County School Board incident was one ....

Wanna know what's fun about this? The fact that your entire, lengthy diatribe crumbles when you see this word.

11 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Wanna know what's fun about this? The fact that your entire, lengthy diatribe crumbles when you see this word.

To you.  The fact that the NSBA sent the letter to Biden and 5 days later Garland starts his war on parents somehow escapes you.  I brought up the one specific case as an example of how parents have a legitimate grievance that the school board singled out without any research on their part.  If there was not research on that incident, I wonder how much research they did on the other.  They just repeated headlines is my guess.

Just the minute the FBI begins making recommendations on what should be done with its information, it becomes a Gestapo. - J. Edgar Hoover

We are a fact-gathering organization only. We don't clear anybody. We don't condemn anybody. J. Edgar Hoover
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/j-edgar-hoover-quotes

Finally, Federal Law:

Federal law gives the FBI authority to investigate all federal crime not assigned exclusively to another federal agency (28, Section 533 of the U.S. Code). Title 28, U.S. Code, Section 533, authorizes the attorney general to appoint officials to detect and prosecute crimes against the United States.

If the FBI is now deciding who to prosecute, that would be a change in their scope under Hoover and in statute law.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

The fact that the NSBA sent the letter to Biden and 5 days later Garland starts his war on parents somehow escapes you. 

No, it really doesn't. Five days is actually quite a long time, so it's not like the DOJ couldn't have heard about these things on their own (rumor has it, they've got a few resources). And even if it was Biden who informed Garland, you assume that Biden immediately picked up the phone and ordered Garland to investigate, instead of simply saying "hey, I just got this letter. Going to shoot it your way. Make of it what you will." But of course, you are incapable of believing that Biden could actually do something fair or morally right - he's obviously corrupt to the core.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

To you.  The fact that the NSBA sent the letter to Biden and 5 days later Garland starts his war on parents somehow escapes you.  I brought up the one specific case as an example of how parents have a legitimate grievance that the school board singled out without any research on their part.  If there was not research on that incident, I wonder how much research they did on the other.  They just repeated headlines is my guess.

Yeah, Garland hates parents.  That's why he "declared war" on them.  :-\

Anyone employing such wacko rhetoric has zero credibility and is obviously not worthy of engaging in anything like a serious discussion. 

MAGA cultist. :no:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 7:52 AM, I_M4_AU said:

So you were splitting hairs, got it.

No, I was correcting you on how the legal system works. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, Garland hates parents.  That's why he "declared war" on them.  :-\

Anyone employing such wacko rhetoric has zero credibility and is obviously not worthy of engaging in anything like a serious discussion. 

MAGA cultist. :no:

Then why torture yourself?  Just disengage.

4 hours ago, Leftfield said:

No, it really doesn't. Five days is actually quite a long time, so it's not like the DOJ couldn't have heard about these things on their own (rumor has it, they've got a few resources). And even if it was Biden who informed Garland, you assume that Biden immediately picked up the phone and ordered Garland to investigate, instead of simply saying "hey, I just got this letter. Going to shoot it your way. Make of it what you will." But of course, you are incapable of believing that Biden could actually do something fair or morally right - he's obviously corrupt to the core.

I believe Biden is as corrupt as they come. He lies on a regular basis.  Enjoy your tax audit next year.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I believe Biden is as corrupt as they come. He lies on a regular basis. 

Worse than Trump?

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Enjoy your tax audit next year.

Well, I voted for him. I'm sure he knows that, since he's corrupt and manipulated the election, so I'm safe! Enjoy yours!

I believe Biden is as corrupt as they come. He lies on a regular basis.  Enjoy your tax audit next year.

giphy.gif.8c0c07c546e3993cfb6119ef76d9ab7d.gif

46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Okay that is pretty dumb but actually pretty funny.

Sidebar: you've already asked this but I'd thought I'd just reiterate searching her closet was totally within the scope of the rules of evidence/criminal procedure.

42 minutes ago, Didba said:

Okay that is pretty dumb but actually pretty funny.

Sidebar: you've already asked this but I'd thought I'd just reiterate searching her closet was totally within the scope of the rules of evidence/criminal procedure.

Absolutely it was.  How else would Garland get his new wardrobe?  :rimshot:

• Haha 1