It’s a cult

TexasTiger

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You do like to take things to the extreme, don’t you.

I am agreeing with you.  These two men, Wray and Garland are the real threats to our country.

They are purely evil.  Thank God for people like you, Trump, MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Jordan, Johnson, Scott who have the integrity and courage to challenge them.

Real character cannot be diguised.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am starting to warm up to this approach.

What this forum needs are some conservatives who can provide a decent game (tennis metaphor) instead of the idiocy we are supposed to engage.  ;D

Well never-trumpers would be in here agreeing with us so we wouldn't have anything to engage with.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The FBI investigated Clinton and found issues with the way she handled classified documents and decided not to prosecute.  Should this issue be treated the same if the DOJ is being consistent?

The FBI doesn't decide not to prosecute.  Federal prosecutors do. Not an FBI issue.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The FBI investigated Clinton and found issues with the way she handled classified documents and decided not to prosecute.  Should this issue be treated the same if the DOJ is being consistent?

Possibly.  It wouldn't surprise me.

But it depends on the amount of harm his actions caused that can be demonstrated.  That, plus the danger of establishing precedent.

In Clinton's case it was deemed the actual harm caused didn't justify indictment and I think the latter was addressed by the resulting political cost to her.  Future officials (like the SOS) are not likely to repeat such a mistake for that reason.  (And again, it's not like it was unprecedented.)

In Trump's case, the bigger issue may be precedent.  There is a distinct possibility - even a probability - it would happen again if he got re-elected, because he's Trump and considers himself above the law.

Having a future POTUS act in such an (unprecedented) way with such documents is a terrible risk for the country and is reason enough to try and indict him for a crime, even if it just keeps him from running again.

(Biden could pardon him if the prospect of putting him in jail creates too much of a political risk.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The NSBA sent a letter to Biden stating parents were acting like domestic terrorists.  The DOJ, within 4 days, directed the FBI to investigate parents that displayed anger at school board meeting.  You can try to spin it all you want, but the DOJ is investigating (intimidating) partners into silence.

The NSBA rescinded the letter and the DOJ still has the policy.

We don't have to spin anything to defend for the Feds taking domestic terrorism seriously especially with increasing amount of alt-right violence going on lately.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The NSBA sent a letter to Biden stating parents were acting like domestic terrorists.  The DOJ, within 4 days, directed the FBI to investigate parents that displayed anger at school board meeting.  You can try to spin it all you want, but the DOJ is investigating (intimidating) partners into silence.

The NSBA rescinded the letter and the DOJ still has the policy.

So what does this have to do with implying Garland called them domestic terrorists?

What am I spinning? As I said, debate the merits of the feds getting involved as much as you want, but you're being blatantly dishonest about the motivations.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Well never-trumpers would be in here agreeing with us so we wouldn't have anything to engage with.

That's the problem.  It's impossible to play tennis by yourself.

You have to have an opponent, even if they aren't competitive. It just makes the game far less fulfilling when they aren't.

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The point is they were not classified, Trump declassified them.  That is the point yet to be debunked by the DOJ.

Good thing that it matters not one bit to the DOJ's case.

Even though you're wrong.

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The point is they were not classified, Trump declassified them.  That is the point yet to be debunked by the DOJ.

If Clinton was not event investigated, she must be innocent.  Correct?  It should be treated the same, right?

No, it should not be treated the same. I want blue and red investigated and prosecuted equally.

Clinton should have been investigated if she wasn't. Though, she answered questions under oath for hours at a congressional hearing.  Something Trump has refused to do. 

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

No, it should not be treated the same. I want blue and red investigated and prosecuted equally.

Clinton should have been investigated if she wasn't. Though, she answered questions under oath for hours at a congressional hearing.  Something Trump has refused to do. 

Oh, it was investigated by the FBI

https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

July 5, 2016

Statement by FBI Director James B. Comey on the Investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Use of a Personal E-Mail System

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

The FBI doesn't decide not to prosecute.  Federal prosecutors do. Not an FBI issue.

Come on man, Comey stood up on national TV and said he wasn’t going to prosecute.  He was the head of the FBI at the time.  If it wasn’t his place to say that, how did he get away with it? 

You are splitting hairs here.  You know what was said.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

So what does this have to do with implying Garland called them domestic terrorists?

What am I spinning? As I said, debate the merits of the feds getting involved as much as you want, but you're being blatantly dishonest about the motivations.

The result of listening to people who are blatantly dishonest.  Character.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

In Trump's case, the bigger issue may be precedent.  There is a distinct possibility - even a probability - it would happen again if he got re-elected, because he's Trump and considers himself above the law.

This is saying the quiet part out loud.  This is the reason for this investigation.  Democracy at its best.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

It doesn’t matter if Garland called parents domestic terrorist, he is still investigating parents who disagree with the school board.  That like calling the Parental Rights Bill in Florida the *Don’t say Gay Bill*. It’s not factual, but it gets the point across.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Come on man, Comey stood up on national TV and said he wasn’t going to prosecute.  He was the head of the FBI at the time.  If it wasn’t his place to say that, how did he get away with it? 

You are splitting hairs here.  You know what was said.

Exactly, Comey is an evil man with a long history of attempting to destroy America.  He and his fellow Democrats were clearly siding with Clinton in order to steer the election.  This is why he never disclosed the ongoing Trump investigation.  It is as plain as the nose on your face.

Don't let these evil liberals get in your head.  They are the enemy.  Comey, Clinton, Biden, Obama, Pelosi are the traitors.  Never thought I would see a worse president than Clinton, but Obama.   Never thought I would see a worse president than Obama, but Biden.  They ran up the deficit, took our guns, closed our churches, now our children are all gay.  They have taken over.  Storm the capitol! 

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Exactly, Comey is an evil man with a long history of attempting to destroy America.  He and his fellow Democrats were clearly siding with Clinton in order to steer the election.  This is why he never disclosed the ongoing Trump investigation.  It is as plain as the nose on your face.

Don't let these evil liberals get in your head.  They are the enemy.  Comey, Clinton, Biden, Obama, Pelosi are the traitors.  Never thought I would see a worse president than Clinton, but Obama.   Never thought I would see a worse president than Obama, but Biden.  They ran up the deficit, took our guns, closed our churches, now our children are all gay.  They have taken over.  Storm the capitol! 

Sarcasm is not your schtick.  Give it up.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Sarcasm is not your schtick.  Give it up.

But, there is no sarcasm.  There is only agreement.  I agree with you.  Trump has never done a single thing wrong.  His character is above question by anyone.

Fact: Trump has never personally been charged with a crime.  

12 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

But, there is no sarcasm.  There is only agreement.  I agree with you.  Trump has never done a single thing wrong.  His character is above question by anyone.

Fact: Trump has never personally been charged with a crime.  

I don’t think anybody on this forum has ever implied, much less said that.  Keep it going, it is entertaining.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t think anybody on this forum has ever implied, much less said that.  Keep it going, it is entertaining.

You're right.  The point is, compared to Comey or Garland or any liberal, he is above reproach.  

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

By jove you are finally getting it!!😀

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Oh, it was investigated by the FBI

https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

July 5, 2016

Statement by FBI Director James B. Comey on the Investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Use of a Personal E-Mail System

True. Questioned by Strzok not under oath with no recording no transcript and no witnesses aside from Hillary’s lawyer (who wasn’t really her lawyer except for this one event). Then Comey recapped her crimes in his speech. Crimes that don’t need intent (although bleach bit and hammers shows intent) or witnesses or a judge. They are laid out in the classified material laws.  Then he said I’m not going to prosecute her (basically because she is her). All those things he said in the speech ARE actual crimes. Remember Strzok is the Hillary lover who told Lisa don’t worry we have a backup plan. Strzok investigates his idol, and then runs an op on her opponent. Yeah that’s solid justice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It doesn’t matter if Garland called parents domestic terrorist, he is still investigating parents who disagree with the school board.  

One more try:

He was not investigating anyone just because they disagreed. The action came about due to the crazies that couldn't stop losing their minds and began threatening and even assaulting school board members. You are, yet again, being dishonest.

So, for the third time, debate the merits of the feds stepping in if you want, but stop twisting the facts.

You misconstrue, obfuscate, try to deflect from the subject at hand, and will absolutely never, never admit you're wrong. It's odd: you claim to dislike Trump yet you debate just like him.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is saying the quiet part out loud.  This is the reason for this investigation.  Democracy at its best.

I was referring to reasons for indictment, not for the search warrant and whatever investigation that search warrant is related to.

You are either a sloppy reader, lack comprehension, or purposefully disingenuous. 

I am wondering more and more why I waste time on you.