It’s a cult

TexasTiger

6 hours ago, Didba said:

I’m not sure. I’d imagine it could be released on motion by either party if the court it was signed in, like how Garland motioned to open the warrant. But have to be? I doubt it. 

I’d have to go pull some rules of criminal procedure as that’s a pretty specific question and I do not practice criminal law. 

I guessing no.  But it's purely guessing.

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

1) Is it "petty" to hold a POTUS responsible for keeping classified documents (a felony) when leaving office instead of turning them in to the government?

2) Do you think all presidents are above the law?

Just remember, this fella thinks it's ok to impeach a President over a blow job, and holding a lifelong sleazeball, who would sell his mother for the right price, it's ok that the schmuck STOLE Top Secret classified documentation, that he probably was hoping to sell to the Saudis or the Russians.

So yeah, like most conservatives and evangelicals, they think their guy is God's annointed and so therefore, he is beyond reproach.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Just remember, this fella thinks it's ok to impeach a President over a blow job, and holding a lifelong sleazeball, who would sell his mother for the right price, it's ok that the schmuck STOLE Top Secret classified documentation, that he probably was hoping to sell to the Saudis or the Russians.

So yeah, like most conservatives and evangelicals, they think their guy is God's annointed and so therefore, he is beyond reproach.

Clinton was impeached for lying to a federal grand jury in the Paula jones case.  The BJs were just gravy. 

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Clinton was impeached for lying to a federal grand jury in the Paula jones case.  The BJs were just gravy. 

Yep, lying about a blow job. Not like it was nuclear secrets that Saudi Arabia is desperate to get their hands on, or China, or Russia, or Iran, or even Brazil.  That stuff gets you a pass from Southern Baptists and White Southerners. But a blow job, you have a one-way ticket to Hell, which isn't even scriptural.

I don't condone what Clinton did, and I was pissed at what he did, but it wasn't for a quid pro quo that put the government of Ukraine in a very bad place because the Orange Yutz wanted dirt on a political opponent.

My point still stands.  You fail to persuade.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Yep, lying about a blow job. Not like it was nuclear secrets that Saudi Arabia is desperate to get their hands on, or China, or Russia, or Iran, or even Brazil.  That stuff gets you a pass from Southern Baptists and White Southerners. But a blow job, you have a one-way ticket to Hell, which isn't even scriptural.

I don't condone what Clinton did, and I was pissed at what he did, but it wasn't for a quid pro quo that put the government of Ukraine in a very bad place because the Orange Yutz wanted dirt on a political opponent.

My point still stands.  You fail to persuade.

My point was not to persuade. That’s impossible. It was merely to point out your blatant lie in your post. Why must you lie egregiously to debate an issue? 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

On 8/17/2022 at 2:24 PM, TexasTiger said:

And you’ll approve? See that as progress from where we are now?

No, I said I expect it.  If the Hunter laptop issue is buried for the next 3 years it will look like the incoming administration, if it is Republican, is just getting payback from Trump.  It has to stop some time.

• Dislike 1

On 8/17/2022 at 1:36 PM, homersapien said:

If that's what you really believe, just come out and admit it instead of talking all around it with implications and statements that you believe Garland and the FBI are acting in bad faith

OK, that is exactly what I think; the DOJ and the FBI are acting in bad faith.  I will continue believing that up and until they find something solid they can get an indictment and conviction Trump on. 

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

OK, that is exactly what I think; the DOJ and the FBI are acting in bad faith.  I will continue believing that up and until they find something solid they can get an indictment and conviction Trump on. 

That is fair.  Clearly, Trump's history of honesty and integrity is impeccable.

Chris Wray and Merrick Garland have little character and, few redeeming qualities.  They do not serve the country, they serve Joe Biden.

This is so logical that arguing the point can only be left wing bias.  Why anyone would accuse you of being a "cult member" escapes me.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

That is fair.  Clearly, Trump's history of honesty and integrity is impeccable.

Chris Wray and Merrick Garland have little character and, few redeeming qualities.  They do not serve the country, they serve Joe Biden.

This is so logical that arguing the point can only be left wing bias.  Why anyone would accuse you of being a "cult member" escapes me.

Couldn’t say it any better, except the cult member line.  Integrity is earned and Garland and Wray have not displayed any integrity as of this point.  It appears Joe is liking the results as he can control the narrative of his biggest rival for 2024.

FBI and Garland just says *trust us*.  Not yet.

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So facts don't matter, like 1) the fact they got a court-approved search warrant (after Trump ignored subpoenas for the documents) and 2)  They actually recovered what they are looking for.

That demonstrates Garland is still acting in "bad faith".   :-\

You betcha. :laugh:

You are obviously part of the MAGA cult, but then, we already knew that. 

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Couldn’t say it any better, except the cult member line.  Integrity is earned and Garland and Wray have not displayed any integrity as of this point.  It appears Joe is liking the results as he can control the narrative of his biggest rival for 2024.

FBI and Garland just says *trust us*.  Not yet.

I agree.  Why people cannot see the intergrity of Trump, MTG, Moe Brooks, Rick Scott, Ron Johnson, Jim Jordan, etc. is beyond me.  These are our best people they consistantly have shown superior character.  Why will others not follow them to the capitol.

Still, I do not understand the "not yet" comment. There is no way I would ever trust Garland or Wray.  They have proven there total lack of character and hatred for our country too many time.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

So facts don't matter, like 1) the fact they got a court-approved search warrant (after Trump ignored subpoenas for the documents and 2)  They actually recovered what they are looking for.

That demonstrates Garland is still acting in bad faith.   :-\

You betcha. 

You are part of the MAGA cult, but then, we already knew that. 

Like I said; until they get something concrete on Trump that he will be indicted and convicted, I will be skeptical.  So far, for 6 years, the left has been playing Willie Coyote against the Roadrunner.  Getting a court-approved search warrant and recovering what they are looking for is not event half way.  It’s just painting a tunnel on a rock wall and Trump may just blow by it.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

I agree.  Why people cannot see the intergrity of Trump, MTG, Moe Brooks, Rick Scott, Ron Johnson, Jim Jordan, etc. is beyond me.  These are our best people they consistantly have shown superior character.  Why will others not follow them to the capitol.

Still, I do not understand the "not yet" comment. There is no way I would ever trust Garland or Wray.  They have proven there total lack of character and hatred for our country too many time.

Whataboutism is not an argument.

Garland and Wray are showing their mettle by investigations parents as domestic terrorist because they dare to disagree with the curriculum the school is pushing.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Garland and Wray are showing their mettle by investigations parents as domestic terrorist because they dare to disagree with the curriculum the school is pushing.

God you are such a blowhard.

Garland never called parents domestic terrorists. Stop spreading that garbage. A letter from the National School Board Association said some of the actions some parents were taking "could be equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism," and the hysterical MAGAs ran with it. 

And let's not pretend that the parents in question were simply being big meanies to the school boards in question. The NSBA's concern was the level of vitriol, rhetoric, and actual violence that was occurring in these school board meetings by supposed adults who can't control themselves. 

Now, I can certainly understand the concern about the federal government immediately jumping in to what should really be a local law enforcement issue, because I had those concerns myself, but I also couldn't dismiss the possibility that it might be a prudent move due to all the wackos that we know to be out there among the MAGAs. Extreme anti-government groups have been popping up in droves for the past decade plus, and the FBI has become increasingly concerned with how much more violent they've become and how many more threats are being issued (proved once again with the huge level of threats due to the search of Mar-a-Lago)

So, debate the appropriateness of the federal government becoming involved if you want, but at least be more honest than your Party about it.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Like I said; until they get something concrete on Trump that he will be indicted and convicted, I will be skeptical.  So far, for 6 years, the left has been playing Willie Coyote against the Roadrunner.  Getting a court-approved search warrant and recovering what they are looking for is not event half way.  It’s just painting a tunnel on a rock wall and Trump may just blow by it.

You're not very good at this.

Let's try to stay focused on the subject.

We are talking about the Mar a Lago search.  You said Garland acted in bad faith in approving it.

I pointed out 1) the fact Garland got a court-approved search warrant (after Trump ignored subpoenas for the documents and 2)  They actually recovered what they are looking for.

That pretty much debunks the idea the search occurred because Garland acted in bad faith.   Yet you (irrationally) insist that he did.

Such an irrational conclusion is cult-like thinking. It's literally indefensible.

Whatever Garland thinks of Trump he didn't need any "bad faith" to conduct that search. The DOJ knew that Trump had taken the documents (fact) the government wanted them back and subpoenaed Trump for them with no response (fact) so Garland got a judge-approved warrant to look for them (fact) and found at least some of what they were looking for (fact).

I you don't like being accused of a cultist, I suggest you drop the 'Garland/bad faith line' of argument is what precipitated this and switch to someone that is simply wrong, instead of irrational and indefensible. 

Need some suggestions?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So Trump not taking these documents didn't actually happen unless he's indicted for a crime?

Then I suppose you must agree that Clinton never used a personal email server to compromise the security of classified emails, since she was never indicted for a crime.

Right?

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So Trump not taking these documents didn't actually happen unless he's indicted for a crime?

Then I suppose you must agree that Clinton never used a personal email server to compromise the security of classified emails, since she was never indicted for a crime.

Right?

The point is they were not classified, Trump declassified them.  That is the point yet to be debunked by the DOJ.

If Clinton was not event investigated, she must be innocent.  Correct?  It should be treated the same, right?

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It's not the Road Runner (Trump) that are defeating the Democrats. 

It's the MAGA (fascist) Republican party who is ignoring or excusing Trump's crimes.

In other words you have a political party who respects democracy (the Democrats) vs. a political party who doesn't (MAGA Republicans)

The latter is focused solely on retaining and increasing their power democratic principles be damned.  That - along with a supreme leader - is far more typical of a fascist party.

34 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Whataboutism is not an argument.

Absolutely, this isn't about Trump this is about grooming our children to be gay, this is about teaching white children that their ancestors were the best people.  Wray and Garland want our children to be weak and confused about who they are.  Their entire careers are devoted to the destruction of America.

You are correct again.  You aren't even parroting the talking points.  Clearly no cult.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

God you are such a blowhard.

Garland never called parents domestic terrorists. Stop spreading that garbage. A letter from the National School Board Association said some of the actions some parents were taking "could be equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism," and the hysterical MAGAs ran with it. 

And let's not pretend that the parents in question were simply being big meanies to the school boards in question. The NSBA's concern was the level of vitriol, rhetoric, and actual violence that was occurring in these school board meetings by supposed adults who can't control themselves. 

Now, I can certainly understand the concern about the federal government immediately jumping in to what should really be a local law enforcement issue, because I had those concerns myself, but I also couldn't dismiss the possibility that it might be a prudent move due to all the wackos that we know to be out there among the MAGAs. Extreme anti-government groups have been popping up in droves for the past decade plus, and the FBI has become increasingly concerned with how much more violent they've become and how many more threats are being issued (proved once again with the huge level of threats due to the search of Mar-a-Lago)

So, debate the appropriateness of the federal government becoming involved if you want, but at least be more honest than your Party about it.

The NSBA sent a letter to Biden stating parents were acting like domestic terrorists.  The DOJ, within 4 days, directed the FBI to investigate parents that displayed anger at school board meeting.  You can try to spin it all you want, but the DOJ is investigating (intimidating) partners into silence.

The NSBA rescinded the letter and the DOJ still has the policy.

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Absolutely, this isn't about Trump this is about grooming our children to be gay, this is about teaching white children that their ancestors were the best people.  Wray and Garland want our children to be weak and confused about who they are.  Their entire careers are devoted to the destruction of America.

You are correct again.  You aren't even parroting the talking points.  Clearly no cult.

You do like to take things to the extreme, don’t you.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

The point is they were not classified, Trump declassified them.  That is the point yet to be debunked by the DOJ.

If Clinton was not event investigated, she must be innocent.  Correct?  It should be treated the same, right?

Well at least that's arguable and not totally irrational as an argument, even if it's BS.  If true, I am sure it will come out. (Funny how Trump never said anything about that until after they found the documents in his possession, huh.  You'd have thought the subpoena would have prompted it.)

I don't understand your second paragraph,  You'll have to explain what you are trying to say. 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I don't understand your second paragraph,  You'll have to explain what you are trying to say. 

The FBI investigated Clinton and found issues with the way she handled classified documents and decided not to prosecute.  Should this issue be treated the same if the DOJ is being consistent?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I am starting to warm up to this approach.

What this forum needs are some conservatives who can provide a decent game (tennis metaphor) instead of the idiocy we are supposed to engage.  ;D