Go listen to today’s ‘Locked on Auburn’ podcast…..

tigerman1186

On 9/22/2022 at 12:51 PM, DAG said:

You literally cannot stop a players parent for doing interview . It doesn’t stop at the NFL level either 

He even said TJ had no idea he was doing the show. Also, the fact they don't talk football and scheme when they speak. His wife told him to just be TJ's father since being in college. He spoke a lot of facts but it wasn't the time nor the place. As a parent, I get it a little b/c we want to naturally protect our kids but this was not the way to go about it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

His dad tried to come across as objective and fair minded. Then excused away every mistake his son has made. Every interception and fumble was a wrong route or a bad block and someone else’s fault. The QB situation has been completely bungled and the coaches are a hot mess. But when you’re an SEC QB you have to be accountable. This is Bo Nix level immaturity by Finley’s dad. 

Hang on, now.  I listened to the podcast.  Dee Finley didn't sound any different in his criticism than the posters on this board.  He sounded pretty reasonable right up front that he's not there at AU with TJ, and that he expects TJ at 20-yrs old to handle his own business.  He made a completely valid point about the confusing swap-outs at QB keeping either one from developing any rhythm or cohesiveness with the offense.  He said he wasn't opposed to using 2 QBs per se, just that maybe a goal-line package for Robbie might be better utilization rather than switching every couple of plays(!)  He sounded just like any other fan complaining about the lack of throwing any slants or screens to counter the blitzes/rush.  I actually thought the same thing, and only remember seeing 1 screen pass late in the game -- too late to affect the outcome.