Dish network

NWALA Tiger

When is Disney’s contract up for renegotiation with YouTube TV, next Saturday? No, seriously. Cause I’m about to go the YouTube route for a couple months.  😆😆😆

Disney and it’s perverse attraction to pangolins. 

Edited by AUx
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Dish also had this same dispute with Fox Sports last fall.  I didn't even get to see the World Series because of it.

I'm done with Dish.

And with CBS the week of the 2020 SECCG. Had to buy an OTA USB device to watch it via antenna. I didn't buy it solely for that game...I just knew more of these contract disputes would happen.

5 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

You guys are blaming the wrong people, and they will just turn around and try to extort from YT Tv as they did last year. 

Absolutely. This cycle will never end, no matter which provider you pay for.

Well I guess they are just saving us from the possible misery of today 😆.  But they better have that crap fixed by basketball season. 

30 minutes ago, Viper said:

My problem is I record and archive every AU game. Plus I'll be out for dinner tonight, so wanted to watch later tonight. So recording it off youtube would be my issue. Solutions?

For those that want to watch for free, but don't mind the Jefferson-Pilot resolution, this is a great site for all televised games...it's what I'll be using all day today for ESPN-related games:

https://sportsurge.club/nflstreams

Question.  It mentions IP exposed.  Do you just disregard that? And watch one of the threads? 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Question.  It mentions IP exposed.  Do you just disregard that? And watch one of the threads? 

Yup exactly. Just disregard. I always select the "Gold Standard" link. It usually provides the best buffering.

Kentucky/Ole Miss doesn't have links yet.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Just signed up for YouTube TV, and dropped Dish. Whether Dish is on the wrong on this or not, this was stupid management on their part. 

By the way, as I figure it, I just saved myself roughly $100.00 a month.

Disney will eventually make their rounds to every service with this.

17 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Oh, I'm sure they will.

It's high time a satellite provider, of a cable provider actually start selling you a la carte packages instead of having to buy a hundred channels that you never watch anyway. 

The only reason I even have Dish is for the sports channels, other than that we never watch network TV anyway. 

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

There was no notice at all. They want me to contact Disney. Hell no. I don't pay Disney for service, I pay Dish. I've been with Dish for over 12 years. They'll fix this immediately or or I'll discontinue doing business with them.

Good luck. I waited on hold for 1hr 34 min. Finally gave up

• Angry 1

27 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Maybe they will, but I only subscribe during football season. Sling is no good for me without ESPN 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

That probably works for a lot of people. I'm out in the sticks with satellite WiFi and TV. My internet connection isn't good enough to stream football games.

Just go to the game.  Tickets are $30 on stubhub.  Its your cheapest option right now.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but you can get Hulu plus that comes with ESPN+ AND Disney + for 20$ over 3 months then cancel it after the season is over... or do a free week this week and try to decide by next week.

• Like 1

It’s insane that anyone would pay $80/mo for cable TV to indoctrinate and brainwash you.  I’m ok with about $40/mo, but that’s where I draw the line.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

It’s insane that anyone would pay $80/mo for cable TV to indoctrinate and brainwash you.  I’m ok with about $40/mo, but that’s where I draw the line.

Personal lines are just that. Personally chosen. lol

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

Stream via the ESPN app. 

Since I use DISH for TV and Xfinity for internet, the ESPN app will not allow me to watch using either of those providers.

DISH for obvious reasons. Xfinity because I don't use their TV service.

So I'm stuck using sportsurge today for all things BSPN and Mickey Greedy Mouse.

33 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Watching OM-KY on YouTube (not YouTube TV). How do they get away with that?

They (anyone) gets away streaming it until someone reports them.