Gus

tbone4jc

On 10/21/2022 at 11:44 PM, bigbird said:

Your compulsion is hilarious 😂

What do you consider compulsory (or a better word would be incorrect) about this?

Gus= .656 winning percentage. Auburn all time= .627 winning percentage.

Edited by AU-24

On 10/23/2022 at 11:55 AM, RunInRed said:

Gus got embarrassed tonight.

I guess I’m a little late on this one but he is currently in the top 25 and he upset Cincinnati.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2022 at 12:15 PM, Eagle-1 said:

Just FYI, Tuberville did not run from Saban.  Tuberville had problems to deal with away from football that I will not mention here. Just suffice it to say that any man would have a hard time concentrating on his job with what he was dealing with personally. 

Some rough personal times; now he’s a US Senator! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/24/2022 at 2:48 AM, augolf1716 said:

Gus always loses one or two of these games a year..........last year it was Navy

Yes, with his second string quarterback and second string running back, he lost to Navy. He also beat Florida, and finished the season with the highest ranked recruiting class in central Florida history.

He also just beat Cincinnati this season with his second string quarterback because the first string  QB got a concussion in the first half. He’s now ranked in the top 25 at Central Florida. Wondering where Jimbo and Harsin are ranked?

He’s not in Sabin (all though he beat him three times) or Smarts league, but he’s definitely a good above average coach, and in his eight years at Auburn, it’s fair to say he was the third best coach in the toughest conference in college football.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, with his second string quarterback and second string running back, he lost to Navy. He also beat Florida, and finished the season with the highest ranked recruiting class in central Florida history.

He also just beat Cincinnati this season with his second string quarterback because the first string  QB got a concussion in the first half. He’s now ranked in the top 25 at Central Florida. Wondering where Jimbo and Harsin are ranked?

He’s not in Sabin (all though he beat him three times) or Smarts league, but he’s definitely a good above average coach, and in his eight years at Auburn, it’s fair to say he was the third best coach in the toughest conference in college football.

He lost to East Carolina with his first string QB and running back not sure of your point. He just always has one or two of these games that's all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He lost to East Carolina with his first string QB and running back not sure of your point. He just always has one or two of these games that's all.

Don't bee fooled, you absolutely know his point.  That's what's so funny 

20 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Unfortunately, So does just about everyone. Pat Dye some seasons, Terry Bowden, Tubberville, Gene Chizik, Gus, look at Dabo Swinney losing to unranked Notre Dame. Then there is Jimbo Fisher? There’s just not too many Lil Nickie and Kirby smarts out there.

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Unfortunately, So does just about everyone. Pat Dye some seasons, Terry Bowden, Tubberville, Gene Chizik, Gus, look at Dabo Swinney losing to unranked Notre Dame. Then there is Jimbo Fisher? There’s just not too many Lil Nickie and Kirby smarts out there.

And they weren't anything prior to Bama/rec

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 9:55 PM, RunInRed said:

Gus got embarrassed tonight.

image.gif.0fa78ce52deddffa1d1eeff9d214955c.gif

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

They've had embarrassing losses too. EVERY coach does. 

• Like 4

Lot of UCF fans in this thread.  Harsin wasn't the answer but you are crazy if you think retaining Gus was fine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, Didba said:

Lot of UCF fans in this thread.  Harsin wasn't the answer but you are crazy if you think retaining Gus was fine.

You know, there are always going to be those people that just don’t get it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Didba said:

I must have missed it. Please quote the post in this thread where someone said that retaining Gus would have been fine.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I must have missed it. Please quote the post in this thread where someone said that retaining Gus would have been fine.

200.gif.58a7f32a2b8d2d665179d41323d835e7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine being stuck in mud for years and years. You finally jump out and land in a pile of s***. Then you want to talk about how great it is to be stuck in mud. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Didba said:

200.gif.58a7f32a2b8d2d665179d41323d835e7.gif

You were called out and some silly gif is all you have? That's entirely in character for you. Now, back up your claim and post where somebody said retaining Gus would have been fine.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You were called out and some silly gif is all you have? That's entirely in character for you. Now, back up your claim and post where somebody said retaining Gus would have been fine.

No, I am good, though I could wax poetically about implicit messaging in this thread; however, I have more important things to do at the firm this morning than waste my time responding to you, hence, the gif.

Just an FYI, you might as well put me on ignore because that gif is all you are gonna get from me moving forward when you try to start a debate no one wants to wade through.

Have a wonderful day, Mikey!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Of course he can’t back it up, thus the gif. Did you actually think he was going to admit he was wrong?

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Of course he can’t back it up, thus the gif. Did you actually think he was going to admit he was wrong?

I’m not wrong.

Point to where I said someone in this thread stated “retaining Gus would have been fine”Like Mikey claims. You can’t.

I made a general statement about Auburn fans, it was not aimed at any particular person on this site and not anyone in the thread. 

also, see my response to Mikey below. 

I hope you have a wonderful evening, au-24, and an even better day tomorrow! War eagle! 👈🏻👈🏻

Edited by Didba

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Hey, I have time to respond to you now! Hope you had a good day, bud!

now as for your request:

I never made the claim that somebody in this thread said retaining Gus would have been fine. Not sure where you got that.  

Please quote where I explicitly stated that: “somebody in this thread said retaining Gus would have been fine”. 

I said “lots of ucf fans in this thread” which is not “somebody in this thread said retaining Gus would have been fine”

my next sentence was: “Harsin wasn't the answer but you are crazy if you think retaining Gus was fine.” Which also is not “somebody in this thread said retaining Gus would have been fine.”

I was not quoting anyone, nor did I @ someone in this thread. I was speaking generally that if any Auburn fan, not just people in this thread or on this forum, were to think that about Gus they are crazy.

I apologize if you misunderstood my comment, not directed at you or anyone here, and thought I was implying people in this thread.

I also apologize I wasn’t able to answer your request sooner as I was very busy today. 

I hope this clears up your question, have a great night Mikey! 👍🏻👍🏻

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Didba said:

Just an FYI, you might as well put me on ignore because that gif is all you are gonna get from me moving forward when you try to start a debate no one wants to wade through.

That's just so....heartbreaking.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

That's just so....heartbreaking.

I am sure you will survive!😉