one word describes harsin

aubiefifty

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

" Narcissist".pathological in fact.  they never listen to anyone and pretty much think they are more knowledgeable than everyone else. this will not change no matter how much the team struggles. it is never about the coaches not getting it done but always on the players. the players are this and the players that. i will allow harsin might just be insane because only crazy people keep doing the same ol things for almost two years and expecting better results. trust me i know a couple of narcissists and they are never wrong and always put the blame on others. this is what harsin is doing. i and sick and damn tired of him throwing the kids under the bus when the blame lands squarely on his shoulders. say what you want a real man admits when he is wrong and makes serious measures to right the ship. all we get are "we are so close" instead of admitting you deserve more blame than anyone else. YOU are in charge.YOU are not getting it done. YOU need to make like horsh*t and hit the trail. and i am being nice believe it or not. he is destroying auburn football and there is not a damn thing i can do about it.

That's uncalled for; over the line comments about the character of someone you don't know personally. You know how Auburn's athletic program is run from behind the scenes. Harsin is just another example of someone who got caught up in the whirlwind that is Auburn and it just wasn't meant to be.

Can't imagine how daily life is for the Harsin family, living in Auburn, going to school & church; working through this lame-duck coaching period while trying to ignore the negativity and the message board comments. Whenever he is fired, and it may come soon, no one will be immediately happier and better off in the long run than Harsin & Family. I wish them well.

Auburn may or may not be happier and better off. It depends on how many narcissists remain connected to the program. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 3

45 minutes ago, Systems said:

That's uncalled for; over the line comments about the character of someone you don't know personally. You know how Auburn's athletic program is run from behind the scenes. Harsin is just another example of someone who got caught up in the whirlwind that is Auburn and it just wasn't meant to be.

Can't imagine how daily life is for the Harsin family, living in Auburn, going to school & church; working through this lame-duck coaching period while trying to ignore the negativity and the message board comments. Whenever he is fired, and it may come soon, no one will be immediately happier and better off in the long run than Harsin & Family. I wish them well.

Auburn may or may not be happier and better off. It depends on how many narcissists remain connected to the program. 

Harsin is no victim. He has caused harm to kids who played for Auburn and didn't ask for this dumpster fire. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Systems said:

listen karen you are better off keeping your mouth shut. you obviously do not have a clue to the damage he has done and you act like you want to blame it on the worldwind that is auburn? and he is a narcissist. he throws everyone but him under the bus. but bless your heart...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Harsin is no victim. He has caused harm to kids who played for Auburn and didn't ask for this dumpster fire. 

Every coach at p5 jobs causes harm to players on their team. IMO, it is well within bounds to question decisions he makes without reducing the conversation to these kinds of comments. Has he done poorly in this job, I would agree but he has had a good bit if help digging the hole AU is in. He doesn’t own it all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

listen karen you are better off keeping your mouth shut. you obviously do not have a clue to the damage he has done and you act like you want to blame it on the worldwind that is auburn? and he is a narcissist. he throws everyone but him under the bus. but bless your heart...........

Ha, the fifty-police. I would have never put you on that side of the law. lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Ha, the fifty-police. I would have never put you on that side of the law. lol

it hit me the wrong way. and hank we know what i have said about harsin is gentle compared to what others have called him or said about him.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it hit me the wrong way. and hank we know what i have said about harsin is gentle compared to what others have called him or said about him.

Gotcha, just typically not the role you play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Every coach at p5 jobs causes harm to players on their team. IMO, it is well within bounds to question decisions he makes without reducing the conversation to these kinds of comments. Has he done poorly in this job, I would agree but he has had a good bit if help digging the hole AU is in. He doesn’t own it all.

He owns his tenure and that's all I'm assigning to him. Stop putting things in my post that weren't there. Not every coach causes as much harm as Harsin has, to as many kids as he has in such a short time. Players,coaches.....there's plenty of fallout. This has not been a normal run of a coach just not working out. This has been something more, and if you don't see that.....fine. But I do, and I will discuss it when it's brought up. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Gotcha, just typically not the role you play.

hank i have very little filter but i am very law abiding other than pot. my grandfather who taught rotc taught me love for the law when i was a child. he was an mp that went into a barn unarmed and drug out an escaped prisoner. they said they did not want him to have a gun in case he over powered him grandfather and potentially hurt other people. i do not however remember what the prisoner did but the word dangerous was used.

hank what roles do you think i play? just curious.

20 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

i want you to remember this hank because people on this board i trust say when everyhting comes out when he is gone folks will be shocked. remember i told you this......

Just another petty thread by people who equate losing in football to a person's worth as a human. Somebody looked up "narcissistic" and probably not having even MET Harsin, plugged it in for their frustration outlet du jour. He's stinking up the place with his coaching. Period. 

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He owns his tenure and that's all I'm assigning to him. Stop putting things in my post that weren't there. Not every coach causes as much harm as Harsin has, to as many kids as he has in such a short time. Players,coaches.....there's plenty of fallout. This has not been a normal run of a coach just not working out. This has been something more, and if you don't see that.....fine. But I do, and I will discuss it when it's brought up. 

Thats definitely your right as it’s a forum. My contention is, other than poor recruiting, poor on the field results , he has done no more to harm players/coaches than his predecessor.IMO of course.lol

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he is destroying auburn football and there is not a damn thing i can do about it.

Yep, tired of apathetic Saturdays and gray Sundays. Wish his contract included being demoted. Pay him his money to sell programs and clean stadium bathrooms.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

hank i have very little filter but i am very law abiding other than pot. my grandfather who taught rotc taught me love for the law when i was a child. he was an mp that went into a barn unarmed and drug out an escaped prisoner. they said they did not want him to have a gun in case he over powered him grandfather and potentially hurt other people. i do not however remember what the prisoner did but the word dangerous was used.

hank what roles do you think i play? just curious.

You have every right to have any opinions (forums). You are usually very positive and even when you share something you don’t like, it’s usually not in the firm of “shut your mouth”. Whatever comes out in the future about Harsin, I probably won’t believe anyway unless it comes out somewhere else than a forum.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You have every right to have any opinions (forums). You are usually very positive and even when you share something you don’t like, it’s usually not in the firm of “shut your mouth”. Whatever comes out in the future about Harsin, I probably won’t believe anyway unless it comes out somewhere else than a forum.

i try to be fair. i have a temper about certain things. so i do penance by posting articles every morning often before i even check my sugar.kinda weird but i love most auburn people and want to give back. i live on a poverty line so the articles are something i can do without hurting my budget. anyway you forgot to mention how good looking i am.

• Like 1

I don’t know if I would say narcissist. The guy is just in over his head and at the same time, doesn’t have his personal house/life in order.

You reap what you sow. Of course in his case he has sowed bad seed and he’s going to walk away with $25 million. So I guess “you reap what you sow” doesn’t always apply.

1 hour ago, Systems said:

Behind the scenes ain’t making the boneheaded gametime calls. Players are jumping ship faster than recruits are coming in. He doesn’t recruit, and HS coaches have outed him for it. That’s a symptom of a deep coaching illness. Let’s not absolve the smoking gun here. I supported Harsin when he was hired. I supported him through the brutal collapse last season and through the Feb. mess, but the fact of the matter is he ain’t it. He’s not the future of AU, and that’s abundantly obvious. It’s also obvious that it’s more him than us. At the end of the day, he wasn’t ready for this job, and all his talk after being hired was just coach speak. His mantra of discipline, toughness, and culture change has failed to manifest on the field. In fact, the exact opposite has been the case. No character judgment there. Just pure performance evaluation. 

However, people judge character all the time, especially the character of a public figure, and we typically do so based on the person’s behavior because it tells the truth. It’s how we navigate building or avoiding relationships. His behavior in pressers suggest he’s a massive defensive douchebag who will not admit fault with himself. Player discussions of him say the same. He’s snarky with reporters for no reason and refuses to answer the hard questions about the product he fields, which he should absolutely be held accountable for but refuses to take accountability about it. I’m not saying he’s a bad human, but he’s definitely not doing himself any favors by being a dick to players and reporters, and he definitely displays narcissistic tendencies with the way he treats his players. Not all criticism is a witch hunt. In fact, the criticism he had received is fully warranted based purely on what he says versus the teams he’s fielding. 

• Like 1

Before the February fiasco, it could’ve been just that he was in over his head + confident in his way + rubbing important people the wrong way + not understanding his players.   
Since then, I believe he has been very intentionally sabotaging our football program.   He deserves a great deal of criticism!   He gets paid a lot of money to handle it.   I have no sympathy for him.   
I sincerely hope that his family hasn’t had to endure the brunt of the ridicule of others.  They don’t deserve it.  They aren’t responsible for his failure as a coach.   Unfortunately, however, I’m sure they have had to endure a lot.  Being the wife or kid of a high profile coach can be rough!  I’m sure they can’t wait to leave Auburn and I don’t blame them.   

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Just another petty thread by people who equate losing in football to a person's worth as a human. Somebody looked up "narcissistic" and probably not having even MET Harsin, plugged it in for their frustration outlet du jour. He's stinking up the place with his coaching. Period. 

guess what? you are judging me and you know absolutely nothing about me. i do know what a narcissist is in fact. they never take blame for anything they always think they are right and they are controlling. people that work around him have said the same thing.so you called me petty and then got petty. how is that working out for you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

guess what? you are judging me and you know absolutely nothing about me. i do know what a narcissist is in fact. they never take blame for anything they always think they are right and they are controlling. people that work around him have said the same thing.so you called me petty and then got petty. how is that working out for you?

Easy Fifty don't hurt him lol

There have been several who continually ascribed and insinuate serious misdeeds to Harsin through all of this, but can’t divulge for one reason or another. So, if the environment has been toxic or unethical I would certainly like for that to be addressed. Maybe it is not suitable for public consumption. But if it has been so bad and so mismanaged and so detrimental to the players, others in this administration need to be shown the door, too. Establish fact, root cause, and prevent it from occurring ever again. Either the administration has been ignorant, incompetent, impotent, complicit, or there was nothing more than previously divulged. Ascribing it all to the vile Harsin is simplistic and disingenuous. We may never know. I’m just sick of the whispered, “And there’s so much more: he’s soooo bad.” Fine. Fix it and everybody responsible (whether they’re from Boise or Camp Hill). Every large bureaucracy has inherent issues requiring diligent housekeeping.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

You may agree or disagree with Tigerbelle, but she is consistent with her opinions.  On the topic of Harsin, she has been proven 100% correct.