Life after Bruce

Taker

I know he is locked in for as long as he wants to be.... but looking ahead to when he does retire... what are the odds that Steve steps in and assumes the HC duties for his. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Taker said:

I know he is locked in for as long as he wants to be.... but looking ahead to when he does retire... what are the odds that Steve steps in and assumes the HC duties for his. 

I'm pretty certain that is what the plan is at the moment. Obviously things can change in the next 10 years or so but I do wonder if Steven will try to move to a smaller school to try his hand at being he head coach first or if the plan is for him to just stay as Bruce's assistant and learn from one of the best. Steven already does so much good for Auburn and a lot of what he does goes unnoticed or over looked.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'm pretty certain that is what the plan is at the moment. Obviously things can change in the next 10 years or so but I do wonder if Steven will try to move to a smaller school to try his hand at being he head coach first or if the plan is for him to just stay as Bruce's assistant and learn from one of the best. Steven already does so much good for Auburn and a lot of what he does goes unnoticed or over looked.

I agree, SP is a massive recruiter and has a GREAT grip on the schemes and sets that BP runs... I can see him wanting to get some experience at a smaller program but at the same time I can see him having a significant role in Bruce's later years that will also give him that needed experience... 

Time will tell, it is always the great revealer.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 5:34 PM, Taker said:

I agree, SP is a massive recruiter and has a GREAT grip on the schemes and sets that BP runs... I can see him wanting to get some experience at a smaller program but at the same time I can see him having a significant role in Bruce's later years that will also give him that needed experience... 

Time will tell, it is always the great revealer.

Some different experiences certainly wouldn’t hurt him, but there’s value in just staying put and being more and more involved as time passes. This is a unique situation that rarely happens imo. 

• Like 2

i read last year i think that steven was being groomed to take over when bruce steps down.