GOP’s First Move After Winning The House: Investigating Hunter Biden

aubiefifty

10 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Once again, for someone who supposedly dislikes Trump so much, you sure seem to defend him a lot.

Who is defending him?  All the slam dunk, one sided scenarios the Dems come up with absolutely falls apart when the light of day is shined on them.  What’s interesting is all the damning leaks we had before the midterms and then this leak after the midterms for the WaPo of all media outlets.  It would be a stretch to indict him on this after the government has the documents back AND there were *nothing nefarious* sited as the cause for taking them in the first place.

So, its not really defending Trump as it is exposing the Dems for any reason to harass a citizen in search of a crime.  If the Dems can make something stick, great, but at this point I doubt it will happen and it gives Trump the momentum he needs to get the nomination.  Or is that the plan?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Who is defending him?  All the slam dunk, one sided scenarios the Dems come up with absolutely falls apart when the light of day is shined on them.  What’s interesting is all the damning leaks we had before the midterms and then this leak after the midterms for the WaPo of all media outlets.  It would be a stretch to indict him on this after the government has the documents back AND there were *nothing nefarious* sited as the cause for taking them in the first place.

So, its not really defending Trump as it is exposing the Dems for any reason to harass a citizen in search of a crime.  If the Dems can make something stick, great, but at this point I doubt it will happen and it gives Trump the momentum he needs to get the nomination.  Or is that the plan?

Wondering if you're ever going to grasp how long the legal system takes? Especially when investigating a former President. They have given him a great deal of leeway, due to respect for the office. Far more than he deserves, considering he has no respect for it.

Or perhaps you'd prefer they just convict him without going through the proper steps? That way you can say "SEE!!! I've always TOLD you guys he's a dictator!"

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 11/18/2022 at 10:14 AM, aubiefifty said:

how frigging many times ya'll gonna investigate him?

Until a legit investigation is completed.  The FBI attempted to sweep the whole laptop story under the run.  Bobulinski’s claims were never truly investigated.  The Joe Biden voicemail was never investigated either.  This investigation should be interesting to say the least.  

On 11/18/2022 at 10:27 AM, aubiefifty said:

no sir because trump is a known crook................

Convisted by the liberal media I assume?

On 11/18/2022 at 11:43 AM, homersapien said:

As if.....    :rolleyes:

You may choose to remain in denial, but the rest of the country understands the pure political motivation of the Republican senators, facts be damned.

LOL - both sides are guilty of this.  The 4 years Trump was in office was the epitome of partisan attacks by the Dems. 

On 11/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, homersapien said:

Speaking of dealing in facts, why would Republicans want to dismantle the Jan. 6 committee?

If the “insurrection” was so critical why has it taken 2 YEARS to convene?  Don’t give me the “investment takes time” garbage - there was plenty of time - it’s a political ploy timed to coincide with the election.  For the idiots that were dumb enough to enter the Capitol, charge them and be done with it.  It’s not that hard…

On 11/18/2022 at 12:00 PM, icanthearyou said:

We all heard the president attempt to extort a political "favor" from the president of Ukraine.  There is no getting around it,,, unless you deny reality.

We all watched the president attempt to overturn  an election with lies and, incite an attack on the capitol.  Again, will you deny reality?

You, as usual, are lying.

Even you do not wish to MAGA anymore.  Even you are tired of all the "winning".

Sounds a lot like what Biden did as the VP - a little collusion to protect his boy….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Wondering if you're ever going to grasp how long the legal system takes? Especially when investigating a former President. They have given him a great deal of leeway, due to respect for the office. Far more than he deserves, considering he has no respect for it.

Or perhaps you'd prefer they just convict him without going through the proper steps? That way you can say "SEE!!! I've always TOLD you guys he's a dictator!"

BS :bs:.  The guy that ran over the 6 people in Wisconsin was indicted, tried and found guilty in less than a year.  Rittenhouse was indicted, tried and found not guilty in a year and a half.  I’ve been reliably told Trump is a crook and the proof is obvious.  What’s the hold up?  If the Dems don’t have the goods is the only reason I can see that they don’t go forward with the indictment.

I don’t think they are going to skip steps, I think they can’t connect the dots.  A lot of the left believe he’s guilty of something, they just haven’t found it yet.

If they have the goods, DO IT.  I am starting to believe it is more advantageous to hold the possibility of indictment over his head.

On 11/18/2022 at 5:02 PM, I_M4_AU said:

I thought you guys were up on the news.

That review has not found any apparent business advantage to the types of classified information in Trump’s possession, these people said. FBI interviews with witnesses so far, they said, also do not point to any nefarious effort by Trump to leverage, sell or use the government secrets. Instead, the former president seemed motivated by a more basic desire not to give up what he believed was his property, these people said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/11/14/trump-motive-mar-a-lago-documents/

I don’t know it Garland is going to dismiss the crime or not, but he better be ready for the blowback it he indicts.

The law doesn't provide for such qualifications in forbidding anyone stealing classified documents.  Why should there be "blowback" for committing the crime of stealing classified documents? 

And blowback from whom - Republican cultists who believe Trump is, or should be, above the law? 

Finally, if Trump took them only because of his ego, why didn't he return them after being asked to several times? 

Edited by homersapien

On 11/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, I_M4_AU said:

I was unaware Trump had been convicted of any crime.  Please provide the evidence, a link would suffice.

So is Joe, it just haven’t been proven…..yet.  Just like Trump.

i am pretty sure he was convicted on fraud i think at trump uni. he also had his trump charity shut down. but when a man can hire a lawyer and outlast you it is hard to get a conviction but i bet you some are coming up. people are tired of trump. yahoo news even had an article where senior citizens elected biden because they were tired of trumps crap. now can this change? maybe. i have little faith in the american people.

• Haha 1

On 11/18/2022 at 10:54 AM, homersapien said:

That's just BS.  There was more than enough evidence to impeach Trump on merit.  The country recognizes that, which is one reason why the midterms resulted how they did.  The country is fed up with Trump and the Republicans.

Ugh, I don't know how to break it to you, but Republicans won the house. :homer:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The law doesn't provide for such qualifications in forbidding anyone stealing classified documents.  Why should there be "blowback" for committing the crime of stealing classified documents? 

And blowback from whom - Republican cultists who believe Trump is, or should be, above the law? 

Finally, if Trump took them only because of his ego, why didn't he return them after being asked to several times? 

unless you have been in the military and especially intelligence you might not understand just how serious this is. i worked for the chief of naval operations in a crisis center in the pentagon and i had a top secret security clearance. trump will be found guilty and charged but i doubt he ever sees the inside of a prison because he is an ex president. the same with anything he is found guilty of. i think it is a damn shame because it would be one hell of a deterrent for all those crazies out there trying to game the system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ugh, I don't know how to break it to you, but Republicans won the house. :homer:

i hate to break it to YOU but you guys fell way short of the old red tsunami. your side failed on what they ran their mouth about and you are suddenly unaware of this? lol ok scooter......................

• Haha 1

On 11/18/2022 at 11:34 AM, arein0 said:

They wont change when they have a good portion of the US all in ready to fight for their "Culture War." Its unfortunate how many have lost touch with reality and bought into their propaganda.

Ask your Chinese and Russian friends which US party reminds them of their former countries government propaganda campaigns, their control of media and narrative. Get back with us and share results please.

and let me add this. if hunter IS guilty of stuff he should held accountable. but it needs to be done with actual facts. i am pretty sure he was looked at by the justice department and other law agencies and they say there was nothing illegal nothing there. but what is crappy is ya'll are doing it for revenge according to your own party and not for justice.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ask your Chinese and Russian friends which US party reminds them of their former countries government propaganda campaigns, their control of media and narrative. Get back with us and share results please.

dude you really went there after voting for the biggest con man ever to hit american politics? crook. thief. liar. i could go on but you know my feelings on orange man. hell his own daughter and hubs have abandoned him.lol i am sure beavis and butthead will still support daddy.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

dude you really went there after voting for the biggest con man ever to hit american politics? crook. thief. liar. i could go on but you know my feelings on orange man. hell his own daughter and hubs have abandoned him.lol i am sure beavis and butthead will still support daddy.

First and foremost there is no need to lie. Please stop that nonsense. I call attention to that which attention is necessary. 

36 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

First and foremost there is no need to lie. Please stop that nonsense. I call attention to that which attention is necessary. 

you did not vote for orange man? or are you saying trump is not a con man? i am not lying there fellow. i never lie or at least not intentionally like you side did ignoring folks warning you guys about trump.

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you did not vote for orange man? or are you saying trump is not a con man? i am not lying there fellow. i never lie or at least not intentionally like you side did ignoring folks warning you guys about trump.

You need to keep up fidy. I've told you numerous times I did not nor will not vote for Trump. I never stated he wasn't a con man. Yeah ok lol. My side votes for who is best for this country. That included neither Trump nor Biden and certainly not the beast who is likely more corrupt than the two aforementioned characters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Russia? Isnt Russia also using Fox News (aka right wing) as their propaganda?

I'm guessing you said Russia and China for the Communist narrative? Again neither of those countries are Communist, they are Authoritarian. The left doesnt want Communism, not sure the origins of that narrative. Maybe propaganda from wannabe Fascists to divide and conquer the country?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Russia? Isnt Russia also using Fox News (aka right wing) as their propaganda?

I'm guessing you said Russia and China for the Communist narrative? Again neither of those countries are Communist, they are Authoritarian. The left doesnt want Communism, not sure the origins of that narrative. Maybe propaganda from wannabe Fascists to divide and conquer the country?

Is that from your Russia and China neighbors or did you come up with that non-answer all on your own? ;D

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Is that from your Russia and China neighbors or did you come up with that non-answer all on your own? ;D

So you admit that you are Fascist then? ;D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

So you admit that you are Fascist then? ;D

No hardly. I'll admit your deflection is telling. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

So is yours! The Nat-C party would be so proud of you! :laugh:

I care not for the party, but rather the truth. Deflect away. The truth eludes you. :dunno:

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

BS :bs:.  The guy that ran over the 6 people in Wisconsin was indicted, tried and found guilty in less than a year.  Rittenhouse was indicted, tried and found not guilty in a year and a half.  I’ve been reliably told Trump is a crook and the proof is obvious.  What’s the hold up?  If the Dems don’t have the goods is the only reason I can see that they don’t go forward with the indictment.

I don’t think they are going to skip steps, I think they can’t connect the dots.  A lot of the left believe he’s guilty of something, they just haven’t found it yet.

If they have the goods, DO IT.  I am starting to believe it is more advantageous to hold the possibility of indictment over his head.

Oh, good God. Are you seriously comparing these situations?

The guy running over the people in the parade was about as clear-cut a case as you're likely to find, and the Rittenhouse trial was much smaller scale than anything you're talking about with Trump. Not to mention, Rittenhouse wasn't involved in any political office, and those investigating him never had to hold off because of a round of elections that were taking place.

As I said, the Justice Department has given a great deal of deference to the office of the President, and respected the influence their investigations on the political process. Combined with how slowly our legal system already moves, this is certainly dragging things out longer than anyone would like, but it's also done so hacks like you will have limited ammo to come back when the process is over and spin conspiracy theories as to how they acted tyrannically. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

unless you have been in the military and especially intelligence you might not understand just how serious this is. i worked for the chief of naval operations in a crisis center in the pentagon and i had a top secret security clearance. trump will be found guilty and charged but i doubt he ever sees the inside of a prison because he is an ex president. the same with anything he is found guilty of. i think it is a damn shame because it would be one hell of a deterrent for all those crazies out there trying to game the system.

Yeah I did serve in the military, 20 years, had a clearance above yours, worked with State daily for a year and a half, so I do know how serious this is. Your sudden awareness is laughable. Where were you when Hillary had hundreds of classified materials in her personal possession unprotected, insecure, with regular access available to her maid or anyone else who walked by the unclassified fax machine sitting in the office? All of a sudden you are concerned with classified? LOL. Hillary’s crimes resulted in actual deaths my friend. Hate Trump all you want fiddy, but you can’t have it both ways. Take them both down or leave them alone.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Oh, good God. Are you seriously comparing these situations?

The guy running over the people in the parade was about as clear-cut a case as you're likely to find, and the Rittenhouse trial was much smaller scale than anything you're talking about with Trump. Not to mention, Rittenhouse wasn't involved in any political office, and those investigating him never had to hold off because of a round of elections that were taking place.

As I said, the Justice Department has given a great deal of deference to the office of the President, and respected the influence their investigations on the political process. Combined with how slowly our legal system already moves, this is certainly dragging things out longer than anyone would like, but it's also done so hacks like you will have limited ammo to come back when the process is over and spin conspiracy theories as to how they acted tyrannically. 

First, God is good.  The parade example is when the public is crying out for justice and it was served in 11 months.  Note:  that most people on this forum want justice and Trump behind bars.  I know the wheels of justice turn slow, but only when not pushed by the media and protesters.

Rittenhouse was as political as it gets.  He shouldn’t have even been brought up on changes, but the media and left wing nuts required it.  And it only took a little over two years.

Amazingly, 3 days after Trump announces his bid for the 2024 presidential election, Merrick Garland announce a special council in an investigation of Trump’s Jan 6th involvement and obstruction in keeping classified documents.  My goodness, it seems like the trigger here was Trump’s announcement about running for president, but that would be the hack in me wouldn’t it.  I’m sure all of this was just normal judiciary process in taking the necessary steps to make sure they have the goods.

KEY POINTS
  • U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland named former federal prosecutor Jack Smith special counsel for two criminal investigations by the Department of Justice of former President Donald Trump.
  •  
  • Smith’s appointment came three days after Trump, a Republican, announced plans to run for president in 2024. 
  •  
  • One investigation that Smith will handle is currently looking into whether any person, including Trump, unlawfully interferred with the transfer of presidential power following the 2020 election, or the certification of the Electoral College vote in President Joe Biden’s favor on Jan. 6, 2021. 
  •  
  • The other DOJ probe is focused on whether Trump broke the law and obstructed justice in connection with his removal of hundreds of documents from the White House, which were shipped to his residence at Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida.
  •  
  • https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/18/attorney-general-merrick-garland-to-name-special-counsel-in-trump-criminal-probe-report-says.html

Get it done, is there an excuse now?  GET IT DONE.  We will see when Trumps lawyers get to present a case.  Time is actually running out.  There is an additional factor that is not involved in the two cases cited above and that is election are consequential.  Only two years left.  Or are you naïve enough to think this isn’t a factor?

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Facepalm 1