Kiffin Says that He Hasn't Accepted a Job at Another School.....ESPN, Chris Low 11/22/22

Elephant Tipper

3 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

Not claiming to have any insider knowledge. Telling you straight out that I am a reporter in Texas. My friends at ESPN believe that Kiffin is Auburn's first choice and Freeze is their second. Your insiders say Freeze is not a candidate. I don't have insider knowledge. I'm telling you what I'm hearing. Period. Telling you that my guys at ESPN are telling ME that Kiffin is literally on the fence and may very well stay at Ole Miss. NEVER said I had insider knowledge. Not once. I'm telling you not to get your hopes up like some of you did before Harsin was hired. I think it will probably be Kiffin as your new head coach.

I have never seen an insider here say Freeze is not a candidate. In fact, most have said Freeze is our last option in case we miss on our initials

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

OK, I did not post to stir things up. I have said you guys may very well have Kiffin as your next coach. This is precisely what I was saying: some of you do not want to hear it, but he may stay at Ole Miss, and you need to be ready to accept that. Hitting thumbs down on my comments isn't going to change it. He also may leave Oxford and take the job. I literally am hearing he is wrestling with it. I've been wrong before.

If he's wrestling between Ole Mrs. and Auburn then we wouldn't want him anyway because that would mean he's too stupid.

Anyway, we'll know for sure in a few days.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I have never seen an insider here say Freeze is not a candidate. In fact, most have said Freeze is our last option in case we miss on our initials

Actually, in this thread, someone named autiger88 said Freeze wasn't a candidate.

Just now, Mitchie said:

Actually, in this thread, someone named autiger88 said Freeze wasn't a candidate.

Yes he is another poster like me. He is not considered an insider. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Yes he is another poster like me. He is not considered an insider. 

I see. 

Could easily clear this up by posting my identity, photo and a website. Didn't mean to be a nuisance. Wish you the best of luck.

Just now, autiger88 said:

Ouch thanks for that... I do know some people. 🤷

We all know people but you are not an insider. That is pure truth.  

Just now, Mitchie said:

I see. 

Could easily clear this up by posting my identity, photo and a website. Didn't mean to be a nuisance. Wish you the best of luck.

You can do whatever you feel. I am just saying, what you are saying is things that has been repeated on several threads. Not trying to be rude, but it is not groundbreaking.

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

You can do whatever you feel. I am just saying, what you are saying is things that has been repeated on several threads. Not trying to be rude, but it is not groundbreaking.

I know, and didn't mean to be groundbreaking. Was just lending some insight into what I was hearing, and confirming many of you were on the right track, not to break news, simple as that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

OK, I did not post to stir things up. I have said you guys may very well have Kiffin as your next coach. This is precisely what I was saying: some of you do not want to hear it, but he may stay at Ole Miss, and you need to be ready to accept that. Hitting thumbs down on my comments isn't going to change it. He also may leave Oxford and take the job. I literally am hearing he is wrestling with it. I've been wrong before.

Thanks for the info.  Josh Pate of 247 is reporting that there are big name "mystery candidates" that are interested in the job, and currently talking to Auburn.  The part on Auburn starts at 27:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI7NS28hJbU

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Sorry but couldn't this have just been posted in the 5-6 other Lane Kiffin threads? Do we really need a new thread every single day for Kiffin?

Personally, I love new threads like this.  They spark more responses and give me more to read.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mitchie said:

No offense, but from someone who is an innocent bystander -- I'm a sports reporter who lives in Texas, have been reading your board forever, just hardly ever post -- it really seems like some of you have your heart set on Kiffin and are unwilling to accept the possibility that he isn't coming. And when someone (in this case, Low) reports something you don't like, you're shooting the messenger. In this case, it's kind of with soft arrows (can't this just go in one of the other threads, etc), but it's shooting the messenger, nonetheless.

I think you should come to terms with the possibility that it's barely possible that Kiffin isn't coming. It's a strong possibility that he IS in fact going to accept the job. But you should be prepared for the outside chance that he's not, and that your coach could be Freeze, which is what my sources are saying, or maybe even another candidate that hasn't really been talked that much about. It is, after all, possible that Kiffin accepts the deal from the Rebels that is already on the table.

Thanks for the insight. Fortunately we’ve been to this rodeo before and I think most of us realize that until the deal is signed, it’s not a deal. FWIW, there’s a very different feel to this hire in that the alignment throughout the organization is tighter than ever and whoever the head coach is will have amazing support and resources to contend. A very unified AU is committed to ascend to new heights in the CFB arena. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mitchie said:

Not claiming to have any insider knowledge. Telling you straight out that I am a reporter in Texas. My friends at ESPN believe that Kiffin is Auburn's first choice and Freeze is their second. Your insiders say Freeze is not a candidate. I don't have insider knowledge. I'm telling you what I'm hearing. Period. Telling you that my guys at ESPN are telling ME that Kiffin is literally on the fence and may very well stay at Ole Miss. NEVER said I had insider knowledge. Not once. I'm telling you not to get your hopes up like some of you did before Harsin was hired. I think it will probably be Kiffin as your new head coach.

Ranch.  As in the dressing.  Is what we’re gonna need to even think about digesting this word salad.  

8 hours ago, lovemytigerz said:

Thanks for the info.  Josh Pate of 247 is reporting that there are big name "mystery candidates" that are interested in the job, and currently talking to Auburn.  The part on Auburn starts at 27:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI7NS28hJbU

Big name mystery candidates is a topic in ‘How to get people to click 101’  Think they teach that the first week.  

Dang, the pessimism is pouring out now.  Whether we end up with Lane or Freeze, this thing hasn’t been pretty.  Sure am excited to see Lac leading our team this weekend though, WAR DAMN EAGLE

• Like 3

This isn’t news. It’s the same thing he’s been saying the last 2 or 3 day. He hasn’t accepted an offer because we haven’t sent him the official one yet. That doesn’t mean his agent hasn’t negotiated one for him. There’s a small chance this is all smoke. But 95% chance Kiffin to Auburn is done. People just need to accept it already. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mitchie said:

Simply saying that you guys are on the right track. Only noting that the SEC reporters I know that are truly covering the story are telling me that Kiffin is really on the fence and is weighing his options. I just know that there has been some disappointment here before. And I hate to see that. There are some good coaches that have been mentioned here. Kiffin is likely to take this job, but if he doesn't, it is FAR from the end of the world.

I'm cool with Danny Hugh as a backup option. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mitchie said:

I know, and didn't mean to be groundbreaking. Was just lending some insight into what I was hearing, and confirming many of you were on the right track, not to break news, simple as that.

Maybe if they get the leaks fixed at the practice facility,  Kiffin will stay at Ole Miss.  You know the one he complained about when a reporter asked him what it would mean to win 3 straight Egg bowls

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Guess what.. Kiffin might be our coach or he might not be. That's the cliff notes to that cats posts

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Freeze.  And he might be the best option as far as program-building and winning goes, QB development, long-term commitment.  He would jump at the chance to get back in the SEC and would thrive at AU, if he could be accepted here.

On the other hand, his previous demonstration of lack of morals renders him unthinkable to many, I understand.

At what point does he deserve another chance at a good place like AU?  Ever?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Freeze.  And he might be the best option as far as program-building and winning goes, QB development, long-term commitment.  He would jump at the chance to get back in the SEC and would thrive at AU, if he could be accepted here.

On the other hand, his previous demonstration of lack of morals renders him unthinkable to many, I understand.

I think the likelihood of Kiffin or Freeze being successful at Auburn is equal. Either one might win big, either one might flop. I'm just as OK with Freeze as I would be with Kiffin. Lets just get this thing done not later than  Sunday!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think the likelihood of Kiffin or Freeze being successful at Auburn is equal. Either one might win big, either one might flop. I'm just as OK with Freeze as I would be with Kiffin. Lets just get this thing done not later than  Sunday!

I think we’d have Freeze for a lot longer than Kiffin as well, as long as he keeps us in a consistent pattern of winning. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Liberty took him and are very happy. They're literally a christian college yet Auburn and other fanbases won't have any of it. What a time to be alive.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I have said since October 31 that I think it will be Kiffin or Freeze. No insider information. JMHO. Time will tell. WDE!!!

2 minutes ago, WarTim said:

I have said since October 31 that I think it will be Kiffin or Freeze. No insider information. JMHO. Time will tell. WDE!!!

I've hoped for Deion, I've hoped for Kiffin, and now I'm honestly hoping for Freeze.  If the truth be told, he's the best of the three.  Proven SEC HC, recruiter, program builder, QB developer, wins wherever he goes without quitting on anyone.

If he just had some morals...or maybe he does now.  Who knows.

• Like 3