according to 24/7

aubiefifty

Sources: Arizona State in talks with Oregon OC Kenny Dillingham about head coaching job

• by Chris Hummer
  • Nov 22, 10:48 AM

Oregon offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham has had discussions with power-brokers at Arizona State about its vacant head coaching job, multiple sources tell 247Sports. 

This is Dillingham’s first season with Oregon following a two-year stint with Florida State. The Ducks’ offense is thriving in Dillingham’s debut as a primary play-caller. Oregon ranks sixth nationally in yards per play and fourth nationally in points per game. 

Dillingham has deep ties to the state of Arizona. His first FBS coaching role came at Arizona State in 2014 when he worked as an offensive assistant under Todd Graham. Dillingham made his coaching debut in the state, starting his career as a senior in high school at Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Arizona. Dillingham worked at Chaparral through 2013. 

Interesting. He did decent in his season with us and out there at Oregon. I don’t know that he’s ready to be a head coach. If I recall, he’s in his young 30’s. Not saying it’s impossible to do that, Sean McVay won the Super Bowl. It’ll be interesting to see where it leads and what happens. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Interesting. He did decent in his season with us and out there at Oregon. I don’t know that he’s ready to be a head coach. If I recall, he’s in his young 30’s. Not saying it’s impossible to do that, Sean McVay won the Super Bowl. It’ll be interesting to see where it leads and what happens. 

I think his boss at Oregon (Lanning) is early 30s as well. 

• Like 1