Deion

WarEagle1982

Barkley hinted that ATM or another SEC power, one planning a "shocker firing", also has plans to go after Prime. 

3 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Barkley hinted that ATM or another SEC power, one planning a "shocker firing", also has plans to go after Prime. 

A&M would be the only school that might fire the HC, but are they going to since he knocked off LSU when he had most of his weapons finally on the field at the same time?  

Could Mississippi State be looking to move on from Leach with a new AD in town?

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Could Mississippi State be looking to move on from Leach with a new AD in town?

That would not bode well for Cohen's 58 points of light.

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

That would not bode well for Cohen's 58 points of light.

Maybe he only used 10 when he hired Leach.  Surely by now he has added “has never been involved in a controversy for locking a player in a dark closet by himself.”

On 11/28/2022 at 2:41 PM, VegasEagle said:

Even UNLV is looking at him.

And yet with vacancies at Cincy, Colorado, etc, etc,etc Sanders is still at JSU. There sure are a lot of schools missing out on a "sure thing".

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mikey said:

And yet with vacancies at Cincy, Colorado, etc, etc,etc Sanders is still at JSU. There sure are a lot of schools missing out on a "sure thing".

Maybe he had not accepted any of them Takes two to dance smartass. 😎

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I suspect Deion is an anomaly when it comes to the kind of moves that most coaches make, and their reasons for doing so.

Word is Deion will decide between Colorado, USF, Liberty and Cincinnati by Sunday. 

OK so no Liberty. Thought I saw that one somewhere.  Cincy fans want him. 

If you think Freeze was a PR nightmare, just wait until the holier than thou fans wherever Sanders goes get cranked up!

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Having worked in academic health sciences settings for 30+ years, all I can say is that conjecture by assorted nobodies who have zero degrees or experience in medicine, throwing out medical diagnoses based on some random video moments -- that's total bull hockey worth donkey puck currency.

He sure doesn't look like he's about to croak on the sidelines during games.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:25 AM, Mikey said:

If you think Freeze was a PR nightmare, just wait until the holier than thou fans wherever Sanders goes get cranked up!

ESPN is reporting Deion, I mean PRIME, is taking the Colorado job. Colorado was ranked the worst Power 5 job in the country in 2021. Since that ranking, they've gone 1-11 this year. South Florida wanted him also and they're 1-11 as well. 

Weed is legal in Colorado so the players may flock to be on Deion, I mean PRIME's, team. 

I read an article yesterday saying Deion called a press conference the past week to tell reporters that Colorado, as well as other schools, had contacted him to be their new coach. The article was mentioning how no coaches EVER call their own press conference to tell the media that other schools are contacting them. Colorado is getting a damn circus when they get Deion. He's ALL about Deion and nothing else. Has been since high school. Easily the most arrogant athlete/person not named Muhammad Ali. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

ESPN is reporting Deion, I mean PRIME, is taking the Colorado job. Colorado was ranked the worst Power 5 job in the country in 2021. Since that ranking, they've gone 1-11 this year. South Florida wanted him also and they're 1-11 as well. 

Weed is legal in Colorado so the players may flock to be on Deion, I mean PRIME's, team. 

I read an article yesterday saying Deion called a press conference the past week to tell reporters that Colorado, as well as other schools, had contacted him to be their new coach. The article was mentioning how no coaches EVER call their own press conference to tell the media that other schools are contacting them. Colorado is getting a damn circus when they get Deion. He's ALL about Deion and nothing else. Has been since high school. Easily the most arrogant athlete/person not named Muhammad Ali. 

He will compete for natties in the near future and we will kick ourselves for not hiring him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35176614/colorado-buffaloes-name-deion-sanders-head-coach?platform=

The announcement came minutes after Sanders led Jackson State to its second straight SWAC title. Sanders, 55, has gone 27-5 at Jackson State in three seasons.

Jackson State defeated Southern 43-24 in the title game, capping the school's first undefeated season.

"There were a number of highly qualified and impressive candidates interested in becoming the next head football coach at Colorado, but none of them had the pedigree, the knowledge and the ability to connect with student-athletes like Deion Sanders," Colorado athletic director Rick George said in the statement. "Not only will Coach Prime energize our fanbase, I'm confident that he will lead our program back to national prominence while leading a team of high quality and high character."

Colorado fired Karl Dorrell in October after an 0-5 start and an 8-15 record overall in three years as coach. Mike Sanford filled in as interim coach and went 1-6 to close the year.

Sanders is an iconic American athlete and a member of both the Pro Football and College Football Halls of Fame. He played in the NFL for 14 seasons, won two Super Bowls and also played for several Major League Baseball teams from 1989 through 2001.

Deion officially named HC at Colorado. Time to see who’s right and who’s wrong lol. 

Edited by NoALtiger

On 12/1/2022 at 10:25 AM, Mikey said:

As I’ve always said. We’ll see. UCol - lesser program and. dinky recruiting base.  Nonetheless. Let’s compare national ridicule,  quality of staff and results in the portal in 2 weeks.  Plus sanders is a week behind.

Yep, he’: doomed to failure and freeze will be dominating in no time. Right?

• Like 2

I don't understand why he turned down Cincinnati for Colorado. Cincinnati has kicked ass under Brian Kelly, Butch Jones and Luke Fickel. Tuberville was pretty average there but it's a winning team. They'll also enter the Big 12 soon. Even the South Florida job would've been better due to being in Florida and getting those recruits. Colorado is just a weird fit for Deion. It's a P5 job but that's about it.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I don't understand why he turned down Cincinnati for Colorado. Cincinnati has kicked ass under Brian Kelly, Butch Jones and Luke Fickel. Tuberville was pretty average there but it's a winning team. They'll also enter the Big 12 soon. Even the South Florida job would've been better due to being in Florida and getting those recruits. Colorado is just a weird fit for Deion. It's a P5 job but that's about it.

Low expectations? Nowhere to go but up? Wants to rebuild another program? 

Edited by AUINSY