Auburn vs Georgia State

JwgreDeux

KD would have helped us tonight, but we need to see what we have without him.  Raw potential = ups and downs in front of us; our length and D will keep us in games when there is a lid on our goal but if we play a good team that can score I see more loses like the Memphis game.

I hope the playing time gets us better as a team as we roll to Mar.   

5 hours ago, e808 said:

I believe Auburn will make the tourney. Most of the games will be pretty ugly. A lot of highs and lows.

We will look like how ole miss looks most years. A lot of junking up the game and making it ugly. Because it’s the only way I can see us beating actually good teams.

• Like 1

I still think CBP was right to push for Westry to be on the court so much. This team is going to largely be unable to beat the best teams without his three level scoring (or at least the potential of that could be). Just hasn’t all came together yet 

but his minutes shouldn’t necessarily mean you can’t find any for Tre 

13 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I'm out of my lane here, but whatever we're doing in practice makes us worse shooters.  Cambridge - we took a streaky shooter, turned him into a bad shooter, then he leaves and can shoot again.  Zep used to be a better shooter than he has shown here in forever.  Johni cant even hit a bucket anymore.

You think that CBP is making the players worse shooters? Really? 

13 hours ago, fishepa said:

Gonna be tough for this team to make the tournament. 

No it won't.

13 hours ago, tigers23 said:

Not very good is being extremely generous. This is a BAD basketball team. Bruce hasn't recruited a shooter in years. Lots of these players have been misses.

This is not a BAD basketball team, some of yall just jump ship as soon as the team struggles. So many "sky is falling" type posts. Ready to just scrap this group and rebuild for next season already. We are 9-1, ranked in the ap and top 25 in the metrics. The only way for you to justify your post is if you're still in school and are too young to know what is was like before CBP got here. Those were bad teams. 

13 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

Bruce needs to get some players who don't need as much development this next season.   I really thought Westry was ready made for this offense. Traore has no real skills that I can see other than athleticism.  Need some fundentally sound players.

I agree Chance and Traore are further off than I expected from watching the summer games. Chance's injury may play a role, but I would still be patient with them, they have the tools. CBP has seen enough in practice to expect them to produce, so we will see how long it takes them to come around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to the game last night. First time in awhile. It's always fun to be in the Jungle. We were pretty weak in some areas and it's obvious we need a lot of improvement if we are going to be competitive in the SEC this year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I hope that won’t be a lingering ankle issue for Greene like Broome 

Me too but it looked like he was in a lot of pain as he limped off and went straight to the dressing room. Too bad since he nailed his 1000th career point in the game.

After our 1-11 start (including 0-3 from three) this team shot 60% percent from the floor and 33% from three. The pieces are there, even without great shooting, give them time to find their places. 

• Like 1

Everyone here was bad-mouthing Jonni Broome, but he was 6-8 from the floor with 7 rebounds, 4 blocks and 1 assist. He and Jaylin carried the load last night. JW was 8-11 from the floor, 2-3 from 3, with 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, no turnovers and a steal. Greene had 17 points, but mostly on free throws, not scoring from the floor, and only 3 assists. Zep did not score, Westry did not score.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Everyone here was bad-mouthing Jonni Broome, but he was 6-8 from the floor with 7 rebounds, 4 blocks and 1 assist. He and Jaylin carried the load last night. JW was 8-11 from the floor, 2-3 from 3, with 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, no turnovers and a steal. Greene had 17 points, but mostly on free throws, not scoring from the floor, and only 3 assists. Zep did not score, Westry did not score.

That is great for Broome - now I want him to do it in SEC play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

That was me .

I was glad to see him showing some aggression and getting after it. Hoping this was his coming out party.