What do you mean by "street ball?"

JwgreDeux

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Who did we need?

What I heard was Bruce promised Wendell, Zep and/or Tre Donaldson that he wouldn't get another guard out of the portal. No idea if that is true or not but if it was, not a smart move on Bruce's part.

13 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What I heard was Bruce promised Wendell, Zep and/or Tre Donaldson that he wouldn't get another guard out of the portal. No idea if that is true or not but if it was, not a smart move on Bruce's part.

If that's true a very very stupid decision.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Who did we need?

I think we just needed a solid guard that was content being a facilitator more than being a scorer most nights, could play some D and maybe hit some outside shots. 

Just scrolling back through the list of guys that were available, Kendric Davis, Nijel Pack, Andre Curbelo, those were guys I watched in the past that would’ve been fine pieces for us. Xavier Pinson seemed pretty solid too, I don’t think his LSU tenure was as good as he was at Missouri though. 

19 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Normally, things that don't make any sense aren't true. This idea doesn't make any sense.

Auburn had multiple chances at Mark and passed each time. I don't know the reason for that but there is some reason.

I always found street ball to be more challenging than organized. Of course I didn't play the ultimate organized level.

I have many university of North Alabama players that I would just kill and I was still in high school. I also made a name for myself at Auburn for really giving it to some Auburn guys, guys that's still mentioned on here now and again. 

Organized ball is somewhat scripted,and as far as D1 goes, sometimes coaches die on decisions with players even when everybody can see other guys are better. Just how it is. Street ball is the best guy, the guy with the most skill and most productive is king. Period. To me that's literally what the sport is about, no politics.

And when I say street ball I'm not talking and 1 stuff. I'm talking about a place like Auburn has like 30,000 students who all can come in a gym and play if they want and only way the best are known is by if they win

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I always found street ball to be more challenging than organized. Of course I didn't play the ultimate organized level.

I have many university of North Alabama players that I would just kill and I was still in high school. I also made a name for myself at Auburn for really giving it to some Auburn guys, guys that's still mentioned on here now and again. 

Organized ball is somewhat scripted,and as far as D1 goes, sometimes coaches die on decisions with players even when everybody can see other guys are better. Just how it is. Street ball is the best guy, the guy with the most skill and most productive is king. Period. To me that's literally what the sport is about, no politics.

And when I say street ball I'm not talking and 1 stuff. I'm talking about a place like Auburn has like 30,000 students who all can come in a gym and play if they want and only way the best are known is by if they win

I wonder if our paths crossed on the court in high school?

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Like I said dont know if its true or not. What's your theory

As far as not signing Mark? Just misevaluation. If you ever have time go to his thread and read. Like everybody minus 2 people laughed at me about him. 

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who did you play for? Did you play pick up in Florence? Did you ever play pick up with UNA team on late nights or did you ever play at victory church? 

I doubt it though because if we did you'd know exactly who I am from my user name I imagine

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Who did you play for? Did you play pick up in Florence? Did you ever play pick up with UNA team on late nights or did you ever play at victory church? 

I doubt it though because if we did you'd know exactly who I am from my user name I imagine

I played at Colbert County. I cut my teeth playing outside at Leighton Park. Didn't have a rec center LOL. Had to always adjust for the wind.

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I played at Colbert County. I cut my teeth playing outside at Leighton Park. Didn't have a rec center LOL. Had to always adjust for the wind.

Yeah my cousin lived in Leighton. I played there too. My little cousin, my cousin's son was killed in that car wreck in Leighton a few years ago where it was him and a young lady, she was 15 and lost control. It was on the same street the park you mentioned was on. I also would fight Joel every time I saw him. I still can't stand him to be honest. I think he's a council person or something now......but anyway I always took pleasure in killing him any time I played him. I'm sure you know him or at least of him. I also played against bibbs and Pruitt and neloms. Merriwether lives in Texas now near me. But yeah I hooped all over the Tennessee Valley. Anybody that I heard that was supposed to be good I'd have to play.

Best players from the area I personally played against was Rudy Williams and Corey Hughes. 

Edited by cole256
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah my cousin lived in Leighton. I played there too. My little cousin, my cousin's son was killed in that car wreck a few years ago. I also would fight Joel every time I saw him. I still can't stand him to be honest. I think he's a council person or something now......but anyway I always took pleasure in killing him any time I played him. I'm sure you know him or at least of him. I also played against bibbs and Pruitt and neloms. Merriwether lives in Texas now near me. But yeah I hooped all over the Tennessee Valley. Anybody that I heard that was supposed to be good I'd have to play.

Best players from the area I personally played against was Rudy Williams and Corey Hughes. 

Guess I'm little older than you. I played against Rickey Johnson from Coffee. Patrick Hughes at Brooks. Also against big Liles from Town Creek 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Guess I'm little older than you. I played against Rickey Johnson from Coffee. Patrick Hughes at Brooks. Also against big Liles from Town Creek 

Yeah you're quite a bit older. I know Ricky well, we go to the same church and we played church league stuff together right before he quit playing. He was inducted in UNA hall of fame not too long ago. He is pretty close to Mark 's dad's if I'm not mistaken

Anybody who wants to see an example of street ball, watch the first 12 minutes of Auburn's second half of the So. Cal game. In just the first 12 minutes of the second half AU had 12 points, 12 turnovers and 9 fouls. That's some sho' 'nuff street ball.

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2022 at 9:43 AM, JwgreDeux said:

I see a lot of posts frustrated with the team's offense refer to what we are doing as "street ball." I'm curious by what you mean when you post that? Genuinely interested as to what everyone thinks "street ball" is. 

The same as sandlot ball, duh!! 😂 I'm just kidding btw.

On 12/17/2022 at 1:09 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

I played against Tim Bowens at Brooks, Josh Willingham at Mars Hill, Matt Noah at Muscle Shoals, Cedric Gholston at Russellville. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Anybody who wants to see an example of street ball, watch the first 12 minutes of Auburn's second half of the So. Cal game. In just the first 12 minutes of the second half AU had 12 points, 12 turnovers and 9 fouls. That's some sho' 'nuff street ball.

That's street ball with people that suck. Having that many turnovers playing high level you wouldn't ever be allowed to play another game and may get your ass whipped.

At Auburn you'd be playing on the other courts at the far end or maybe a different gym all together

On 12/17/2022 at 11:42 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

That Rudi Williams and Corey Hughes team was tough. I remember Corey Hughes grew up Corey Petty but I think his mom remarried. 

Do you remember TooPoo Fagan at Bradshaw? He was great in all 3 sports. Could jump out of the gym too. Remember Reprobatus Bibbs that played at Courtland and went on to UAB? He was unbelievable in football and basketball. Got into some trouble though. 

Dustin Wright at Mars Hill was great too. Saw him put up 50 one game. He was a tad older than me though. 

Edited by TeamZero77

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's street ball with people that suck. Having that many turnovers playing high level you wouldn't ever be allowed to play another game and may get your ass whipped.

At Auburn you'd be playing on the other courts at the far end or maybe a different gym all together

You should take your opinion to Coach Pearl and tell him his players suck. He should just go to some North Alabama gym, load up all your cousins and hire you to be the assistant head coach. I'm sure we'd have the NCAA Championship banner hanging in the area in short order.

On 12/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, TeamZero77 said:

That Rudi Williams and Corey Hughes team was tough. I remember Corey Hughes grew up Corey Petty but I think his mom remarried. 

Do you remember TooPoo Fagan at Bradshaw? He was great in all 3 sports. Could jump out of the gym too. Remember Reprobatus Bibbs that played at Courtland and went on to UAB? He was unbelievable in football and basketball. Got into some trouble though. 

Dustin Wright at Mars Hill was great too. Saw him put up 50 one game. He was a tad older than me though. 

You're talking different generation of players. Fagan is much older. And Corey didn't go by anything else. 

I doubt you played him

Edited by cole256

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You should take your opinion to Coach Pearl and tell him his players suck. He should just go to some North Alabama gym, load up all your cousins and hire you to be the assistant head coach. I'm sure we'd have the NCAA Championship banner hanging in the area in short order.

Lol. No you and all your grey haired buddies should play and teach the game.

It won't be long for you to start saying Pearl suck like you did when he first got here I'm sure. 

Isn't it around time they tell you to stop using cell phones and such? 

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. No you and all your grey haired buddies should play and teach the game.

It won't be long for you to start saying Pearl suck like you did when he first got here I'm sure. 

Isn't it around time they tell you to stop using cell phones and such? 

This particular form of bigotry is firmly embedded in you, isn't it? I'm sorry, bigotry is such a heavy burden to have to bear.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

This particular form of bigotry is firmly embedded in you, isn't it? I'm sorry, bigotry is such a heavy burden to have to bear.

Lol. You of all people calling someone a bigot? Grow up a bit more. 

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol. You of all people calling someone a bigot? Grow up a bit more. 

I call what I see. Look up two posts and your bigotry is there for the world to see. Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's certainly a duck.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I call what I see. Look up two posts and your bigotry is there for the world to see. Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's certainly a duck.

Ok. I call it like I see it too. I replied to you. You disrespect I promise I'll give it back to you. But whatever, go take a nap