OLDEST AE MEMBER

Good storys pops. I'll post a few later. I can't believe you could actually get your friend in for free.

Security was a lot looser back then.  Someday, I'll share places where I've hidden my friend to get past them!!!

When my sister and her husband were at Auburn in 67-70 I would ride to Auburn every home game with either her in-laws or a neighbor and get in the student section with my sister and her husband.  I was 10 in 67 sitting in the student section.  I would say security was pretty loose back then. 

Good storys pops. I'll post a few later. I can't believe you could actually get your friend in for free.

Security was a lot looser back then.  Someday, I'll share places where I've hidden my friend to get past them!!!

When my sister and her husband were at Auburn in 67-70 I would ride to Auburn every home game with either her in-laws or a neighbor and get in the student section with my sister and her husband.  I was 10 in 67 sitting in the student section.  I would say security was pretty loose back then. 

Is everyone clear on who my "friend" was?

Was your friend's name Jack or George or Jim??

Was your friend's name Jack or George or Jim??

The Daniels, Dickel, and Bean families are all related by a common gene!!!

Lets see 1971 I own a 1966 VW Beatle and a friend and myself had dates. Not much room in the backseat and my friend was a 6"2" running back for AU. My date was Kathy, no mind, Romine. We all had a a little to much to drink that night and we had gotten bored so I said lets go for a ride. Got into the Beatle and I'm driving and No mind Romine says lets drive up the ramp at Beard-Eaves Coliseum. After 2 or 3 attemps I finally make it all the way to the top.We had a few more beers while we were on top of the ramp. Believe it or not I was able to backdown in one attempt. No campus police or anything happen because I know the cops would have called Shug. Oh lord I can't imagine what they would have done to me. I forgot to mention I did hit the side of the ramp 1 or 2 times. Nothing major. After leaveing Beard-Eaves I was headed toward my frat house and happen to past the Phi Tau House or at least I think it was the Phi Tau's house, who I really did not have a lot of love for. No hate just not a lot of like for them. I somehow got the bright ideal to drive my Beatle all around their front yard. Another bad ideal on my part because I got my you know what stuck in their yard. God was looking over me and no mind Romine that night because the Phi Tau's came outside, I'm guessing 20 or so of them. Now I'm sobering up quick. They see my friend passed out in the backseat, actually I begged them to look in the backseat. Those 20 or so Phi Tau's pick my little VW up and carried it so I could leave. Everbody made it home that night well sorta home. Remember we all do stupid things when we're young. Heavens knows I did.

augolf, I meant to repsond earlier about the streaking thing but I got distracted. Correct me if I am wrong. I had a 10:00 accounting class in Tichenor and the word was out that a streaker was going to streak about that time. Of course everybody was hanging out the windows. I remember the guy got out of a car in front of Haley Center on Thach, butt nekid and streaked down the concourse towards Dorm 10. Is that the guy you are talking about?? Also, my wife and I had just gotten home one night from watching "The Sting" at the Tiger Theater. I remember this particularly because the audience gave a standing ovation at the end of the movie. When I got home I heard this tremendous roar that was coming from the campus. I was really curious about what was going on and cranked up my Yamaha dirt bike and rode over to the drill field to see what all the excitement was about. The scene that greeted me was about 300 students, boys AND girls just running all over the place nekid as  jay bird. The campus cops went crazy!! Anyway it was quite a sight and just wondered if you were a participant  ;D Just thought I would share  :rolleyes: OBTW, I shot my career round today, a 69. The 19th hole was really hard on me.  :thumbsup:

Yep that 's him. He was wearing a ski mask. I did not participant  in the giant streak but my girlfriend did. Her name was Diane W. from Miami, Fl. I had heard about it happening and she said I'm going I said I ain't. I was shy what can I say. Later that year a couple streaked the baseball game. After streaking the poor girl came back to the game. Let's just say she did not stay very long because all the guys were asking for a repeat of the streak. I'm with my girlfriend Diane at the game and she said I'm streaking I said no your not. I won that battle don't know how one of the few I did win. We left the game because I thought everytime she got up I was afraid she would go streak the game.

Lets see 1971 I own a 1966 VW Beatle and a friend and myself had dates. Not much room in the backseat and my friend was a 6"2" running back for AU. My date was Kathy, no mind, Romine. We all had a a little to much to drink that night and we had gotten bored so I said lets go for a ride. Got into the Beatle and I'm driving and No mind Romine says lets drive up the ramp at Beard-Eaves Coliseum. After 2 or 3 attemps I finally make it all the way to the top.We had a few more beers while we were on top of the ramp. Believe it or not I was able to backdown in one attempt. No campus police or anything happen because I know the cops would have called Shug. Oh lord I can't imagine what they would have done to me. I forgot to mention I did hit the side of the ramp 1 or 2 times. Nothing major. After leaveing Beard-Eaves I was headed toward my frat house and happen to past the Phi Tau House or at least I think it was the Phi Tau's house, who I really did not have a lot of love for. No hate just not a lot of like for them. I somehow got the bright ideal to drive my Beatle all around their front yard. Another bad ideal on my part because I got my you know what stuck in their yard. God was looking over me and no mind Romine that night because the Phi Tau's came outside, I'm guessing 20 or so of them. Now I'm sobering up quick. They see my friend passed out in the backseat, actually I begged them to look in the backseat. Those 20 or so Phi Tau's pick my little VW up and carried it so I could leave. Everbody made it home that night well sorta home. Remember we all do stupid things when we're young. Heavens knows I did.

This is one of my favorites so far Golf!  :thumbsup:  And.....I love your sig pic!  I had that one on my wal for a long time!    ;D

golf, I am assuming that relationship is over. One thing I am most proud of is that Auburn for the most part didn't get into the anti war thing and was still Auburn and very patriotic. I'm sure there were a few "protesters" but they were in the minority. I was a chopper pilot in Nam 1967-1968 and I remember coming home to a very hostile enviroment. I thought the country had gone nuts. Don't want to get into the anti war thing but it didn't make me feel very good. I did not understand their attitude. My ass was on the line, not theirs. Anyway, long ago and far away. Life moves on. I really enjoy this thread and it sounds like a lot of people do also. I really like to hear everybody's stories.

golf, I am assuming that relationship is over. One thing I am most proud of is that Auburn for the most part didn't get into the anti war thing and was still Auburn and very patriotic. I'm sure there were a few "protesters" but they were in the minority. I was a chopper pilot in Nam 1967-1968 and I remember coming home to a very hostile enviroment. I thought the country had gone nuts. Don't want to get into the anti war thing but it didn't make me feel very good. I did not understand their attitude. My ass was on the line, not theirs. Anyway, long ago and far away. Life moves on. I really enjoy this thread and it sounds like a lot of people do also. I really like to hear everybody's stories.

Thanks for your service Slammer!  I make every effort I can to support our troops at every opportunity I have, both those retired and currently in the service.

This is one of my favorites so far Golf!   :thumbsup:   And.....I love your sig pic!  I had that one on my wal for a long time!     ;D

Believe it or not I have it up in my basement "man cave" as we speak.

No slammer it ended about 6 months after the baseball game. Diane W. could party with the best and was a great girl.  She was one of the few who did protest at AU. The battles we had over that were unbelievable. She was an original; protest this, protest that, go to the Chicago Democratic Convention to protest and get arrested. I don't want to get into that time of history. Its was a dark time and the country had gone NUTS. Even with all that she made great grades, Deans List, and finished before I did. She started a year after me. Just like I said in an earlier post she was young and we all can do stupid things. I want to thank you for your service to our country. My Dad was a 100% disabled Vet. from WWII and he taught me well, except he was a bama fan until I went to AU and he fell in love with Auburn. God Bless.

Thanks golf, I do understand the opposites attract thing. It can be dynamite but does not work out in the long run. I know from personal experience. Sorry about your dad, he and folks like him are the real heroes. I still have all my limbs etc. The real heroes are those that paid the ultimate price IMO. Its all a matter of luck and being in the right/wrong place at a particular time. Tell you what, my email address is in my profile. Give me a shout and lets have lunch or a beer and talk over old times. I would enjoy that. :)

Thanks golf, I do understand the opposites attract thing. It can be dynamite but does not work out in the long run. I know from personal experience. Sorry about your dad, he and folks like him are the real heroes. I still have all my limbs etc. The real heroes are those that paid the ultimate price IMO. Its all a matter of luck and being in the right/wrong place at a particular time. Tell you what, my email address is in my profile. Give me a shout and lets have lunch or a beer and talk over old times. I would enjoy that. :)

Sounds good I'll do that. Be on the lookout for the pm soon.

Golf, the Phi Tau House was on College where the alumni center is now.  BTW, in a previous thread, I told you guys my fraternity: Phi Kappa Tau!!!

:bow: Wow guys this thread has been a true pleasure to read. You guys make me feel way too young. I just turned 19 today. Just now starting my journey through Auburn. Hopefully I'll come out with some great stories like these. Keep it up  :thumbsup:

:bow: Wow guys this thread has been a true pleasure to read. You guys make me feel way too young. I just turned 19 today. Just now starting my journey through Auburn. Hopefully I'll come out with some great stories like these. Keep it up  :thumbsup:

You will hopefully not as dumb as some of the things I did. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FISH!!!!!!! :partey: :partey:

Oh if I could only be so lucky to do plenty of dumb things up there. I'll fill you guys in as they happen. I have a tendency of making a fool out of myself. And thanks golf!  :partey:

You will hopefully not as dumb as some of the things I did. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FISH!!!!!!! :partey: :partey:

Happy Birthday Fish!  If my old memory cells are still working, you are in Mobile.  I lived there for ten years, and loved it!!

Thanks pops. Yeah I lived in mobile over the school year (went to the University of South Alabama for my freshman year). Currently I live in Spanish Fort, which is about 30 minutes away. But come fall I'm moving up to Auburn!

Thanks pops. Yeah I lived in mobile over the school year (went to the University of South Alabama for my freshman year). Currently I live in Spanish Fort, which is about 30 minutes away. But come fall I'm moving up to Auburn!

You go, my man!!!

I'll bore you guys with one more story, prompted by a chat I was having with JS involving recruiting and this agent thing.  I played on a State Championship team in North Carolina in 1960, and myself and several teammates went on several recruiting trips.  To point out how ridiculous recruiting is, three of us were invited to the University of Virginia for an official visit.  At that time, UVA , under Bill Elias, had the nation's longest losing streak at 28 games.  The minute we stepped on the tarmac, we were given "spending money" ( a violaton), spent Friday night at a frat party with heavy drinking (a violation), access to hostesses(a violation), and other things I'm too embarassed to mention.  I went on other trips, all pretty much the same, but the trip to UVA stood out because of the 28 game losing streak, and everyone thinks of the school as this celebral, Ivy League type school.