WELCOME TRE MASON!

Chadf93

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had just posted the same thing...

Just tweeted by Chad Simmons... "Coach Luper of Auburn just offered 2011 RB Tre Mason out of Park Vista, Fla."

Mason is a 4* guy on rivals, rated the #20 RB.

I guess this is because we missed out on Hart?

Yep, this is one that has been on the "back-burner" for a while now... GREAT kid with an AUsome attitude, and GREAT attitude! He plays for Park Vista High School in Boynton Beach, Florida, which is 4-0 so far this year in large part to Mason, who has rushed for 700 yards and 10 TDs "playing mostly first halves of blowout games". This past week he had 25 carries for 296 yards in a 35-13 win against Palm Beach Central HS. He's drawn comparisons to Steve Slaton, Noel Devine, and Dexter McCluster. The last of which played one of his current "finalists", Ole Miss, and they recruited him, telling him that he would be used like McCluster in their offense. He is 5-foot-10,190 lbs... he ran a 4.38 40 twice in a workout for recruiters, and he also ran 4.42 at a Nike event last spring. VERY interesting prospect!

Profile coming soon!  :)

look at the size of him Hatch posted tsand 5'10 190. ESPN is a bit off. And looking at his video i would say Hatch's height and weight of him is closer to being right. He is definately bigger than OMac

I just saw some video on this kid......Wow!!!  This kid's change of direction, field vision, balance, durability, and break away speed is incredible.  It seems everyone is comparing him to McCluster and Devine but he is a lot bigger than both of them which will help him more in the SEC, imo.  He is a speedster as McCaleb but a different running back.  He isn't afraid to run through the tackles or over someone.  He's seems to like AU already.  Let's get this kid on the plains and show him what football in the South is all about.  

My brother is actually friends with him, and used to play basketball with him in middle school..his dad is a rapper and formerly part of De La Soul, Kids a pretty good running back and a freakish athlete. He seemed to be a great kid, and plays basketball at Park Vista as well, so the last time I saw him was about 1 1/2 ago, but he looked pretty good as in size and weight, probably more of a speed running back.

I have been high on blakely ever since i saw him play on tv....he is my pick if i had to pick one to come to AU....i have not been that high on hart, i only considered him a backup,if we didn't get blakely....i have no idea about the level of competition that this kid plays against,but judging from his video's, i like him a lot better than hart....this kid has very good instincts,and some serious FOOTBALL speed....if we get this kid, we get a goodun'

I have been high on blakely ever since i saw him play on tv....he is my pick if i had to pick one to come to AU....i have not been that high on hart, i only considered him a backup,if we didn't get blakely....i have no idea about the level of competition that this kid plays against,but judging from his video's, i like him a lot better than hart....this kid has very good instincts,and some serious FOOTBALL speed....if we get this kid, we get a goodun'

Mason plays for Park Vista HS, which is in Florida's Class 6A (the HIGHEST one), so he plays in the same Class with teams like Miami Northwestern (Teddy Bridgewater's team), Miami Central (Too many D-1 commits to list... 9 so far this year, including Devonta Freeman to FSU), Dr. Phillips (Dee Hart and HCD), DeLand (Trey Pettis/FSU and De'Ante Saunders/UF), Christopher Columbus Catholic (Anthony Rabasa/Notre Dame and Tacoi Sumler/Oregon), Winter Park, Apopka, Olympia, Miramar, Vero Beach, Miami Southridge (Gerrod Holliman and Andrew Johnson... the #6 and #20 CB's both committed to Ole Miss), and South Lake (Nick Waisome/UF and Jordan Montgomery/USCe). You don't get much tougher than that!

My brother is actually friends with him, and used to play basketball with him in middle school..his dad is a rapper and formerly part of De La Soul, Kids a pretty good running back and a freakish athlete. He seemed to be a great kid, and plays basketball at Park Vista as well, so the last time I saw him was about 1 1/2 ago, but he looked pretty good as in size and weight, probably more of a speed running back.

THIS^^^ is some interesting stuff!  :D Thanks for sharing that!

Thanks for the info DJ.  Man, I saw some more film on Tre and I like him even more.  He's going to be a great rb for the school that gets his loi.  I hope it's AU!!! 

What's considered the weight difference between a bruiser back and a scat back?  Thoughts?

Dude!!! Vincent Mason aka "Plug Three" is his dad????? Get the @#$%# outta here!! Oh man he just became my #2 most wanted RB in this class! 

Any chance on a visit from Tre, DJ?

Count on it!  ;)

DJ, What's considered the weight difference between a big bruising back and a scat back?

I couldn't really tell you. I just know that certain backs get classified as each by folks like us, but it really just depends on the players skill set and versatility.

I know it doesn't answer your question, but I was just discussing this with a co-worker of mine... if I told you I had a recruit that was 5-foot-11, 175 lb, 2* RB from Olympia HS in Florida for you, who only has 3 D-1 offers, b/c he wants to play RB and most other schools (besides the 3) want him to play either WR or DB, he runs a 4.4 40, and he's a "10.6 guy" in the 100 – electronically timed, but he was hurt in a pre-season game before his senior year, so we don't know how fast he'll be now... his coach says he's a "hard worker" though, and he loves the weight room (benches 315 and power cleans 265)... as a junior, he had a pretty good year and rushed for 1,009 yards on only 168 carries and had 12 touchdowns. He also caught 15 passes for 168 yards.... WOULD YOU WANT HIM?

See if you can guess who it is!?!  ;D

Count on it!  ;)

DJ, What's considered the weight difference between a big bruising back and a scat back?

I couldn't really tell you. I just know that certain backs get classified as each by folks like us, but it really just depends on the players skill set and versatility.

I know it doesn't answer your question, but I was just discussing this with a co-worker of mine... if I told you I had a recruit that was 5-foot-11, 175 lb, 2* RB from Olympia HS in Florida for you, who only has 3 D-1 offers, b/c he wants to play RB and most other schools (besides the 3) want him to play either WR or DB, he runs a 4.4 40, and he's a "10.6 guy" in the 100 – electronically timed, but he was hurt in a pre-season game before his senior year, so we don't know how fast he'll be now... his coach says he's a "hard worker" though, and he loves the weight room (benches 315 and power cleans 265)... as a junior, he had a pretty good year and rushed for 1,009 yards on only 168 carries and had 12 touchdowns. He also caught 15 passes for 168 yards.... WOULD YOU WANT HIM?

Here's another hint: he rushed for twice that amount recently in the National Football League  ;)

Count on it!  ;)

Here's another hint: he rushed for twice that amount recently in the National Football League  ;)

DJ, you know that I know!!!!

Just watched this kids highlight. He nickname is "the beast". Looks good, very similar to a speed back, which I though was what Blakeley would fit, but would love to have him none the less. WDE

Archived