Chris Landrum has committed to AU!

RunInRed

Per Rivals. Details to come...

Landrum grew up an Alabama fan, but said there was, "something different" about Auburn. He's one of AU's top LB targets.

http://twitter.com/JHokanson

189215.jpg

Chris Landrum, LB

Sweet Water, AL

6'2 / 215 / 4.6

Other Offers: Alabama, Duke and South Alabama, among others.

Landrum attended A-Day, was a Tiger Prowl target and is likely to be a Big Cat Weekend attendee.

View the complete 2011 Commitment List here...

From Scout (free info)

Ht: 6-3 Wt: 221

2009: Landrum totaled 68 tackles and 12 sacks on defense while adding 947 rushing yards as a running back.

Bryan Matthews was on the scene in Sweet Water and has a nice article posted...

Another in-state win for AU

landrum2+410.jpg

Before this year, the thought of playing football at Auburn never really crossed Chris Landrum’s mind.

But that all changed with a visit to the Plains in February. Suddenly, a lifelong Alabama fan with close family ties to the University was ready to follow a different path.

The standout linebacker from Sweet Water, Ala., made it official Wednesday when he verbally committed to Auburn during a ceremony at his high school.

“When I visited there it sort of changed my mind on a lot of things. I really began to like it. Fell in love with it,” Landrum said. “How they stress family … they don’t just talk about it, they show it.

Landrum’s uncle, Michael, was the first African-American quarterback at Alabama. His father, Roosevelt, graduated from Alabama but couldn’t hold back his enthusiasm after his son picked Auburn.

“It’s great. We’re all excited about it,” Roosevelt Landrum said. “We’ve been excited about it through the whole process, especially ever since we made the trip over to Auburn. We were impressed with, not just the campus, but the people there, the coaches, the students, the players, everybody.

Read more...

“When I visited there it sort of changed my mind on a lot of things. I really began to like it. Fell in love with it,” Landrum said. “How they stress family … they don’t just talk about it, they show it.

“It’s great. We’re all excited about it,” Roosevelt Landrum said. “We’ve been excited about it through the whole process, especially ever since we made the trip over to Auburn. We were impressed with, not just the campus, but the people there, the coaches, the students, the players, everybody.

“I think from the first time we got there (Chris) was just overwhelmed by it. It was totally different than what we expected when we got there.”

Welcome to Auburn, Chris. Welcome to Auburn to the entire Landrum Family! War Eagle!!!

It's always exciting when a lost soul sees the light and escapes from the Dark (pink) Side.

Welcome to the family, Chris!!

Archived