What if... Do you think... ?

JsnAL8

What if... AU beats Georgia but loses to Bama then goes on to win the SEC championship?  Do you think... that the ESPN talking heads / Poll voters will still be pushing a one loss SEC champion to play in the BCS CG like they have for Bama the last several weeks?

I'm doubt it, considering what TCU did to Utah today. But that just points to the idiocy of the BCS!

Let's not leave any doubt! WDE  :wareagle:

Nope. We'll have to win out.

All they need now is an excuse NOT to send a SEC team into the CG. It's too late in the season for a loss, and the media has picked their non-BCS heroes for the underdog storyline.

We've gotta win out to get a shot...and though i've been literally screaming to everyone on here, and in person to everyone i know, that we control our own destiny, even doubt is creeping into my mind.

I like seeing Bama lose as much as anyone, but we're gonna hear a lot of "it's a down year for the SEC this season" now that they've lost again.  This Auburn or TCU debate is gonna be a big one now that they murdered the #5 team in the nation (eventhough that #5 team is probably the most overrates team in the history of cfb).

I still think there's no way they deny us a shot, but there are going to be a lot of unhappy Auburn fans over the next couple weeks as we hear the media completely bash us and the "weak SEC".

Too late in the season for that scenario and Auburn is struggling to get respect nationwide right now. Many think what we are doing is a dream fluke season. I think LSU beating Bama may help others realize our O is just that good by what it did to that LSU D. We need to win out and I feel good we will.

Utah and TCU would have a hard time beating the Bears. Auburn will put a beating on bammer

I'm sorry, but TCU would absolutely humiliate Ole Miss. I have a problem with Boise going ahead of a 1 loss Auburn team, but TCU would not bother me. They are very good

Still interesting about all the talk and promoting a one loss SEC team in bama making the NC. What now ESPN ? Your crimson candidate just went down. I still think they would consider a one loss LSU team if we stumble. Once you win the NC you get the benefit of a doubt as a member of the club......simple as that. Look no further than Bob Stoops for example. Our ONLY way to get there is to win out and we may be expected to win the SECC game by "X" points or get hosed. We just need to focus on Georgia.

War Eagle !

I'd like to think the "experts" would puss Auburn, but deep down I doubt they would. We'll just have to make sure there's no question of our spot in the NC, and there's only one way to do that.

On another note, if we did get screwed out, I'd prefer to see TCU in over Boise if it was between those two who would play Oregon, etc. TCU plays a somewhat respectable schedule, and are in a conference that could make an arguement to replace the Big East as a BCS school. Bummer that Utah is heading to the Pac 10...12. The Mountain West next year could've been Boise, TCU, Utah, Air Force, BYU, Fresno, Nevada, and the rest. Solid conference if you ask me.

I just realized I went way off topic. My apologies. Rant over.

:we:

I'd like to think the "experts" would puss Auburn, but deep down I doubt they would. We'll just have to make sure there's no question of our spot in the NC, and there's only one way to do that.

On another note, if we did get screwed out, I'd prefer to see TCU in over Boise if it was between those two who would play Oregon, etc. TCU plays a somewhat respectable schedule, and are in a conference that could make an arguement to replace the Big East as a BCS school. Bummer that Utah is heading to the Pac 10...12. The Mountain West next year could've been Boise, TCU, Utah, Air Force, BYU, Fresno, Nevada, and the rest. Solid conference if you ask me.

I just realized I went way off topic. My apologies. :we:

This is a family board there bud!  :laugh:

I just realized I went way off topic. My apologies. :we:

This is a family board there bud!  :laugh:

Sorry. I should've said, "There's no way we lose. We're gonna win out. There's no question we play for the NC."

WDE

What if... AU beats Georgia but loses to Bama then goes on to win the SEC championship?  Do you think... that the ESPN talking heads / Poll voters will still be pushing a one loss SEC champion to play in the BCS CG like they have for Bama the last several weeks?

I'm doubt it, considering what TCU did to Utah today. But that just points to the idiocy of the BCS!

Let's not leave any doubt! WDE   :wareagle:

the way it looks now there will be 3 or 4 unbeaten teams...so someone will be unhappy....if we lose a game (big if to me)  i think we would have to be no 2 in the human polls to be two in the BCS ... and the voters don't seem to like us that much now...much less if we lose a game.  so lets win out and remove the confusion.

:we: :we: :wareagle::wedance:

What if Oregon lost and LSU won out and jumped TCU and Boise....A SEC vs SEC NCG...I think there is some wacky way with this BCS system that something like this could happen.

Archived