Sleep well tonight Auburn Fans

BurtonJ20

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other words, Rogers probably told Cecil he could get him a bunch of cash if Cam went to State.  Cecil didn't ask for it.  He received an unsolicited offer.  He told Auburn about it.   Our guys went WHOA.  We need to tell the SEC about this if we are going to recruit you.  NCAA talked with the Newton's and cleared it.  That would be my guess.

PTB has been answered 4 times already people. Please read before you click post. Sheesh

PTB = Powers that be

You so funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Does anybody know anything about the OP on the thread over yonder?  I just joined, so I could read that thread.  That guy has done a lot of posting, does anybody know if he is credible?

OHE has been answered 4 times already people. Please read before you click post. Sheesh

OHE = pOwers tHat bE

What does OHE stand for? 

:tease: :tease: :tease:

In other words, Rogers probably told Cecil he could get him a bunch of cash if Cam went to State.  Cecil didn't ask for it.  He received an unsolicited offer.  He told Auburn about it.   Our guys went WHOA.  We need to tell the SEC about this if we are going to recruit you.  NCAA talked with the Newton's and cleared it.  That would be my guess.

If you're right it would make my year.   This idea makes perfect since with the Dye comment, CGC comments and Cam's comments.  Oh Lord let it be true.

I believe the PTB feel they have to do something by the weekend.  Pat Dye stated this earlier.  And if you don't think he knows what is up, then you have been asleep since 1981.  Some version of this scenario is the only plausible explanation.  Anything else means the the administration is clueless or naive.  WDE  :party:

I soooo want to believe this. I really, really. My only question is how do you answer these phone call and conversation allegations where it really makes Mr. Newton look like he was the one heading it all up?

This also makes sense in the fact that Auburn and the Newtons have remained so quiet through all of this.  They are just letting this play out.  In the mean time, we are all freaking out!! :banghead:

I'm going to quit the internet:  Bottom line from the other boards.

Auburn turned MSU in, not the other way around. MSU is creating a tactical diversion and trying to dig itself out by throwning sand at the Newtons. The SEC office and the NCAA know all about this, but have asked Auburn to remain silent. Now that Auburn and the Newtons are being harmed, the PTB are about to back Auburn publicly.

I think this is by far the most accurate account that i've heard during this entire ordeal.

Mississippi Burning... and ol Smokey Rebel Bear ain't gonna put it out!!

Its frankly the one thing that supports all the rumors out there from Will Collier on Rivals to our own Mayor's comments on here.  From Pat Dye to Rob Bramlett saying that there would be something done this week (read that on the Scout board so I can't verify Rod saying that) and we would be happy.

Its a nice thing to think of because all the ESPN "reporters" will have raw egg all over their slimey little faces.

Auburn turned MSU in, not the other way around. MSU is creating a tactical diversion and trying to dig itself out by throwning sand at the Newtons. The SEC office and the NCAA know all about this, but have asked Auburn to remain silent. Now that Auburn and the Newtons are being harmed, the PTB are about to back Auburn publicly.

If this is true; ESPN will implode, FoxSports will be handed over to Bill O'Reilly and the New York Times Sports Section will be replaced by the Nat'l Enquirer.

Let me make sure I understand.  These "Powers that be" that are about to back us publicly; is it just some people at Rivals that are going to write some articles?  Or are the PTB someone who has more authority?

I am not trying to mock.  I'm serious.  If the PTB have plenty of authority then this garbage will be over soon for us and we can just enjoy the rest of our season.  If its just a bunch of Rivals writers...

And why else would MSU leak rumors about Cam and academic cheating and even parking tickets?

Courtesy of his friends in Gainesville.  We still need to find a way to blame the Bammers though.  Ideas?

I have it -

Theory - Lets say there are 3 or more "recruiters / boosters" that are use to paying players at MSU.  Mullen comes in "new in town and doesn't know how things work in starkville" and gets wind of what is going on.  Cecil and Dan both become aware of what is going on, and decide to report it to SEC.  Cecil decides he doesn't want any of this to affect Cam so he flips him to Auburn where he knows everything is on the up and up and tells Chizik the low down.  Mullen is upset, but really more with the boosters for costing him a recruit.  The NCAA gets involved, but now wonders how far and deep it goes.  Need to find out exactly who and how many are involved.  Taking Rogers out would be easy, but that doesn't solve the problem, someone else will just fill his shoes.  Both schools cooperate to bring out the boosters/ recruiters.  We have 3 of the names, still waiting on the other two (Schads men), maybe more.  

The only problem with my theory is if there were these boosters paying players in MSU, they wouldn't have had better players through the years.  But I think I may be on to something, because it explains what has transpired.

If this is true; ESPN will implode, FoxSports will be handed over to Bill O'Reilly and the New York Times Sports Section will be replaced by the Nat'l Enquirer.

Let me make sure I understand.  These "Powers that be" that are about to back us publicly; is it just some people at Rivals that are going to write some articles?  Or are the PTB someone who has more authority?

I am not trying to mock.  I'm serious.  If the PTB have plenty of authority then this garbage will be over soon for us and we can just enjoy the rest of our season.  If its just a bunch of Rivals writers...

I'd like to know, too.  AU backing or journalist backing?

The Powers that be would be, at a minimum, Auburn University officials (AD/pres).  NCAA or SEC may also release a statement.  The story is that official word from AU would clear AU and Newtons, and the story should come out tomorrow.

Archived