Sleep well tonight Auburn Fans

BurtonJ20

I'm going to quit the internet:  Bottom line from the other boards.

Auburn turned MSU in, not the other way around. MSU is creating a tactical diversion and trying to dig itself out by throwning sand at the Newtons. The SEC office and the NCAA know all about this, but have asked Auburn to remain silent. Now that Auburn and the Newtons are being harmed, the PTB are about to back Auburn publicly.

If this is true; ESPN will implode, FoxSports will be handed over to Bill O'Reilly and the New York Times Sports Section will be replaced by the Nat'l Enquirer.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben.  I agree.  I know the story has been consistent - "We can't comment."  But the indictment of Mr Newton is rapidly reaching critical mass.  Reputable or not, every finger out of Starkville is now pointing at him.  Sooner or latrer, and I pray it is sooner, someone on his side of the issue (and maybe it is Auburn) is going to have to stand up and be heard from.

Auburn turned MSU in, not the other way around. MSU is creating a tactical diversion and trying to dig itself out by throwning sand at the Newtons. The SEC office and the NCAA know all about this, but have asked Auburn to remain silent. Now that Auburn and the Newtons are being harmed, the PTB are about to back Auburn publicly.

If this is true; ESPN will implode, FoxSports will be handed over to Bill O'Reilly and the New York Times Sports Section will be replaced by the Nat'l Enquirer.

Well, its plausible considering all of the other stories, lies, and innuendo we have heard thus far.  :thumbsup:

What would we have turned MSU in for? Would we have told the NCAA that C. Newton has asked them for money and they did not report it?

I am not following that part

what is PTB?

I'm not sure of the propriety of linking to a pay site's free boards, although if you go there its easy enough to find.  The thread on the board here starting "Sleep well....' is similar but less conclusive.

What would we have turned MSU in for? Would we have told the NCAA that C. Newton has asked them for money and they did not report it?

I am not following that part

Well, in context of this thread, it's possible that Cecil told AU's staff that Rogers (and maybe Bond or Bell) made an offer.  We're basically down to two possibilities here, IMO.  Either Cecil Newton is a con man and public enemy #1 or MSU spooked him with something underhanded and he said something to AU about it.

Something that has always stuck with me is when CGC when asked about Cam's status was "he is eligible to play at Auburn... I WISH WE COULD SAY MORE." That has always led me to believe there's something the head powers knew, but couldn't let out for what ever reason. Maybe this is it.

Archived