About all the uat fed rumors of AU malfeasance...

AUinfusion

Here is the important thing to remember: In the last decade, a quick run down, just off the top of my head, of things that it has been **proven and accepted** that uat has done to deliver extra benefits to recruits and/or players:

Bought Albert Means for around $200K

Bought Kenny Smith for $50K (think that was the amount).

Who as the kid from Arkansas who's high school got a new gym? Something James maybe?

Josh Chapman got his HS grades changed by an ex uat cheerleader to become eligible

Julio Jones got a deep sea fishing trip

Mark Ingram got a deep sea fishing trip

Jerrell Harris got a laptop

Pretty much every eligible athlete got unlimited textbooks, which are more valuable than gold on a college campus (thanks newbomb)

Not sure if I should include the Ingram and Dareus agent parties here or not. Those should have resulted in penalties, but I don't know if you tie those directly to uat or not.

(Remember, this is the list of PROVEN AND ACCEPTED transgressions).

In the last decade, things that it has been **proven and accepted** that AU had done to provide extra benefits to recruits and / or players:

I think that about sums it up, but feel free to correct me if I'm off here.

These stories are just so ridiculous, and they make all of us in the state of Alabama look foolish.  Unfortunately, we've had our share of Redfish type folks too, and they've concocted some pretty sensational tales via the internet.  People outside our state just look at us and shake their heads.  I love college football, but the things it leads some people to do is just insane.

These stories are just so ridiculous, and they make all of us in the state of Alabama look foolish.  Unfortunately, we've had our share of Redfish type folks too, and they've concocted some pretty sensational tales via the internet.  People outside our state just look at us and shake their heads.  I love college football, but the things it leads some people to do is just insane.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^

Dude, everything I have listed is proven fact. Google it. UAT got busted for Means and Smith, and to a smaller extent for Harold James. Jerrel Harris got a six game suspension for the laptop. Ingram and Julio admitted to the fishing trip, but I can't remember if they got away with it by claiming that the 55 year old white guy that paid for it wasn't a uat booster. Chapman's grade change is documented history. The girl who did it claimed that she *thought* that his grade had been incorrectly calculated originally, and that she was fixing it (even though she wasn't his teacher, and it wasn't her place to do so). Look all of this up. That's the point. These aren't rumors about uat (as is the case with Cam, and all of the mud being slung at AU right now). These are just the proven, documented, publicly available facts. The only thing I am not sure on is what exactly the final ruling on Harold James was (and it seems like some kid named Gaines was involved, too?)

The point: A lot of people are making unfounded allegations about AU right now, and a lot of those people are fans of a school with a whole MESS of *founded* allegations against them in recent history.

Here is the important thing to remember: In the last decade, a quick run down, just off the top of my head, of things that it has been **proven and accepted** that uat has done to deliver extra benefits to recruits and/or players:

Bought Albert Means for around $200K

Bought Kenny Smith for $50K (think that was the amount).

Who as the kid from Arkansas who's high school got a new gym? Something James maybe?

Josh Chapman got his HS grades changed by an ex uat cheerleader to become eligible

Julio Jones got a deep sea fishing trip

Mark Ingram got a deep sea fishing trip

Jerrell Harris got a laptop

Pretty much every eligible athlete got unlimited textbooks, which are more valuable than gold on a college campus (thanks newbomb)

Not sure if I should include the Ingram and Dareus agent parties here or not. Those should have resulted in penalties, but I don't know if you tie those directly to uat or not.

(Remember, this is the list of PROVEN AND ACCEPTED transgressions).

In the last decade, things that it has been **proven and accepted** that AU had done to provide extra benefits to recruits and / or players:

I think that about sums it up, but feel free to correct me if I'm off here.

The fact that they paid $200k for Albert Means makes me LOL.   :laugh:

The point: A lot of people are making unfounded allegations about AU right now, and a lot of those people are fans of a school with a whole MESS of *founded* allegations against them in recent history.

Its called "Shane Logic".  Basically goes like this: "I think it, therefore it is true."

Dude, everything I have listed is proven fact. Google it. UAT got busted for Means and Smith, and to a smaller extent for Harold James. Jerrel Harris got a six game suspension for the laptop. Ingram and Julio admitted to the fishing trip, but I can't remember if they got away with it by claiming that the 55 year old white guy that paid for it wasn't a uat booster. Chapman's grade change is documented history. The girl who did it claimed that she *thought* that his grade had been incorrectly calculated originally, and that she was fixing it (even though she wasn't his teacher, and it wasn't her place to do so). Look all of this up. That's the point. These aren't rumors about uat (as is the case with Cam, and all of the mud being slung at AU right now). These are just the proven, documented, publicly available facts. The only thing I am not sure on is what exactly the final ruling on Harold James was (and it seems like some kid named Gaines was involved, too?)

Julio and Ingram had o pay back to cost of the fishing trip.

Dude?  Sorry.  By "these stories," I meant the latest MM stuff.  I wasn't assailing your list.  But I stand by my statement that we also have some internet nuts who have concocted some of the most outlandish stuff about Alabama.  Both sets of "stories" are equally ridiculous.

Dude?  Sorry.  By "these stories," I meant the latest MM stuff.  I wasn't assailing your list.  But I stand by my statement that we also have some internet nuts who have concocted some of the most outlandish stuff about Alabama.  Both sets of "stories" are equally ridiculous.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

Interesting thing about the text book deal.  That involved over 200 athletes.  I met with the insurance coordinator for FSU and ask him how many athletes he covered. He said they have about 250 student athletes.  Basically everyone was selling text books.  That is a big deal

I want facts if I give credence to any rumor or story it is in spite of the bammers...LOL...No all that has taken place has made me realize let the facts and final rulings come out before accepting stuff as facts.

So who gave them the money to pay back for the fishing trip? 

Its called "Shane Logic".  Basically goes like this: "I think it, therefore it is true."

You are giving that bozo way to much credit!  

And you have terribly offended Bozo.  ;)

And you have terribly offended Bozo.   ;)

Good point, I am sorry Bozo!

And you have terribly offended Bozo.   ;)

Good point, I am sorry Bozo!

So who gave them the money to pay back for the fishing trip? 

i live in athens where the 57year old white man is from and it is common knowlege that they got a lot more than a fishing trip. try a cruise for 4 valued at about 16,000$ and use of a beach condo. no i cant prove it and the people who can will not because they are business owners.

Archived