Frost is ALL IN

aun

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think Hoke will be thier first choice but I would definatly take him over Les Miles and he has done a solid job at two horrible football schools. His team played TCU probally tougher than anyone all year and I think the final score was like 35-38 or something like that. LOL i mean the guy won 12 games at Ball State I think

I meant a terrible hire by UM at this point and time in my post. Hoke is a good coach but I don't think he is the right fit for UM right now.

I understand JS, didnt mean my post towards you. And what you say has to be true I mean the coaches on that staff have made a relationship with this kid and them to be pushed out has to help our situation.

I meant a terrible hire by UM at this point and time in my post. Hoke is a good coach but I don't think he is the right fit for UM right now.

just curious...  If they can't get Harbaugh would you hire or who do you think would be a good fit?

I think that Les Miles would take the UM job.

Now that's interesting.... talk about a coaching change that could help AU...

But would then LSU come knocking on Gus' door, which wouldn't be too terribly cool.

:we:

Yea I think he would this time but would you take him over Hoke? If I were a Michigan fan I would be sick if they hired Miles but he would definatly be able to recruit there. And that may help keep Frost a Mich lean cause I know he has a relationship with LSU. But I can think of a few coaches I would try to go after before I would any of the above mentioned. I mean being realistic Michigan is at least a top 10 if not a top 5 job.

But would then LSU come knocking on Gus' door, which wouldn't be too terribly cool.

:we:

I love me some Gus but I dont think there is anyway that a program like LSU goes after a coach who has only been a college coach for 5 years. No offense to Gus but LSU is a top 10 job and I just think their options would be better. or maybe I am just sick of the talk of Gus leaving.

From what I understand, Miles' buyout is too high even for UM...it looks like Hoke is their guy as of now. 

LSU fans probally would pool their money together to cover this. I know I would if I were them

From what I understand, Miles' buyout is too high even for UM...it looks like Hoke is their guy as of now. 

LSU fans probally would pool their money together to cover this. I know I would if I were them

Haha, I agree....LSU fans booed him mid season when he was still undefeated.  As a fan of AU, I hope he and Richt stay at their respective schools for as long as their fans will put up with them.  Miles' is simply unintelligent and his luck will eventually run out.  Richt has lost his edge and is starting to remind me of CTT at the end of his tenure at AU (bless his heart  :) )

Haha, I agree....LSU fans booed him mid season when he was still undefeated.  As a fan of AU, I hope he and Richt stay at their respective schools for as long as their fans will put up with them.  Miles' is simply unintelligent and his luck will eventually run out.  Richt has lost his edge and is starting to remind me of CTT at the end of his tenure at AU (bless his heart  :) )

I approve ^^ this post lol my thinking exactly

Yeah, if his buyout is anything substantial, then I don't see UM going after him.  I figure they'd still be a bit gun-shy about all that, given the all the buyout money they wasted bringing in Rich Rod.

I think Collins stays at LSU regardless of whether Les stays.  He, A. Johnson, and Hilliard are the core of that recruiting class.  He'd have to really dislike the new coach to make a change in my opinion.  But we'll see if he visits, though  even paying his own way, expenses can't be too bad if he rides and shares a room with J. Hill.

Patterson would be a solid hire for LSU, if Michigan goes for Miles.  Miles has a MNC ring, and he recruits very well.  The key to Miles will always be who his coordinators are.  Crowton has been a major liability at LSU.

I think Michigan takes Hoke before Miles, as an up and commer, but it depends in part on the sentiments of the heavy hitters on that donor list for Michigan.

Frost may have to make a decision before Michigan has a new coach in place, but you have got to think that Hoke would be an immediate hire.  If I were Miles, I'd stay at LSU.  

I think Miles leaving isn't very realistic b/c his buyout is HUGE! Don't know the exact amount, but it's a ton of money. I can't see Michigan paying that kind of money for a backup plan if Harbaugh falls through.

If Michigan doesnt hire a coach soon it will really help with KF. I dont see how you commit to a team without a coach.

Also, I dont think Les will go to Michigan. Before RR went to Michigan, Les was suppossed to be the guy. I dont think he wants to go anywhere.

If Michigan is really worried about the amount of $ for the buy-out of a coach, isn't there a certain coach in the SEC who doesn't have a buy-out at all????? Just pondering...

The word on the tube this afternoon is that the job will probably go to Hoke at SDSU. I wonder if he'll take big Al with him to Michigan? I'm sure Hoke would be a good hire, but I have to wonder if Michigan will at least interview a minority candidate. It just makes me sick that AU caught some crap a few years ago with the Turner Gill situation (at least AU interviewed him) but it seems these other schools are hiring white coaches and are not getting any flack at all about not interviewing minority candidates.

Archived