Frost is ALL IN

aun

Mods, feel free to delete this if it's out of line......but there's ZERO logic going into his decision if he picks Michigan. ZERO. There's no way you could have watched that UM/MSU game in the Gator Bowl and feel confident about where that program is headed. RR will certainly get canned and if he doesn't it's only a matter of time and it is going to take at LEAST 3 more very very good defensive recruiting classes for UM to get competitive. They just don't have any talent on Defense and there just isn't anything he could do about it immediately to make a difference. Michigan will be playing the 12:30 ESPN2/U games for the forseeable future. Even if they do fire RR and get a pro style guy it's another 3-4 years to get the offensive guys you need to fit the system (basically a reverse of what they had to go thru after Lloyd Carr). I just don't get it....

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mods, feel free to delete this if it's out of line......but there's ZERO logic going into his decision if he picks Michigan. ZERO. There's no way you could have watched that UM/MSU game in the Gator Bowl and feel confident about where that program is headed. RR will certainly get canned and if he doesn't it's only a matter of time and it is going to take at LEAST 3 more very very good defensive recruiting classes for UM to get competitive. They just don't have any talent on Defense and there just isn't anything he could do about it immediately to make a difference. Michigan will be playing the 12:30 ESPN2/U games for the forseeable future. Even if they do fire RR and get a pro style guy it's another 3-4 years to get the offensive guys you need to fit the system (basically a reverse of what they had to go thru after Lloyd Carr). I just don't get it....

You do not get it my friend because there would be nothing logical about KF going to Michigan. At this point his heart is making the decision. If I were a recruit in the 2009 class coming off the 5-7 season and Tubs departure, I would still choose to go to Auburn because I love Auburn. And the coaches of other teams would be saying the same thing about Auburn you just said about Michigan or worse...Like the New Coach is a loser then (5-19 at that time) and they have no clue what they are doing on the plains. I would still pick Auburn because that is where my heart is just as Frost's is in Ann Arbor...And if Frost is anything like me he would see the opportunity to return his childhood team back to it's tradition as a positive and challenge he wants to take.

Is Frost and Wayne  Lyons announcing Saturday at the Army game? I have heard that they are.

:we:

I got a tweet a few hours ago saying Frost still plans to announce at the game. I have not heard on Lyons who may really be in limbo with RR probably gone and Harbaugh probably leaving Stanford.

There is an interview on rivals. Any signs of hope in it?

Yes, we have to hope RichRod is fired this week (which I think is likely).  No guarantee that changes Frost's mind, but it sure would help.  He specifically mentioned he needs to sit down and talk with his parents about his choice.  That would be a very good thing for Auburn, and if Rodriguez is gone, that would seemingly make Frost far more receptive to coming to Auburn.

There is an interview on rivals. Any signs of hope in it?

Yeah, I think right now he is still leaning towards Michigan, but I think their is still a voice in the back of his head telling him that our program is a great fit for him.  He had nothing but good things to say about Auburn.

I watched the interview also and it does seem like he is on the fence about where to go. but im new to the game j.m.o

From the interview on Rivals, it sounds like if Rich Rod gets let go, that will improve our chances.  I mean, Frost even said that would impact his decision to an extent.

It did sound like his parents would have a heavy influence on his decision.  He had nothing but positive things to say about Auburn. 

Is it just me or did it seem like Frost in the interview felt really good about Auburn where he might pick Auburn on Saturday?

Is it just me or did it seem like Frost in the interview felt really good about Auburn where he might pick Auburn on Saturday?

I'm going to say it's probably wishful thinking but I sure hope you are right. Frost is a top 5 guy on my wishlist.

I envy him and feel sorry for him at the same time.  Tough decision, but what a great position to be in.  He can just about go anywhere he wants and play on either side of the line.  

after watching the interview, I still believe he will pick UM... KF made the comment more than once, that it was about the university, not necessarily the coaches. It may just be me, but it sounded like he would end up following his heart to UM. He did have nothing but good things to say about AU though,... guess we'll see

Is Hatch trying to say something? would this ----->  :thumbsup: be premature?

No inside info! Just maintaining the faith!  ;)

Is Hatch trying to say something? would this ----->  :thumbsup: be premature?

Harbaugh appears to have ruled out Michigan if RR is let go according to ESPN.

What impressed me the most was how well spoken the young man is...makes me want him to come to Auburn all the more!

Looks like Rich Rod will get one more year.

Why do you say that? The most I can find is that we'll probably know today...

Looks like Rich Rod will get one more year.

we will find out for sure this afternoon but I'm hearing you're wrong.

A radio station in Michigan has reported that Brady Hoke could be named HC as early as tonight, while the firing of RR could be made public as early as this afternoon.

Archived