Frost is ALL IN

aun

Looks like Rich Rod will get one more year.

Why do you say that? The most I can find is that we'll probably know today...

I'm guessing it's due to the reports that Harbaugh will leave Stanford only for an NFL position, but I don't know.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan and Rich Rod are meeting right now.  There supposedly is a team meeting at 6PM tonight.  That doesn't sound good for RR.  

Yeah the impression I've gotten from everything I've read today has been negative for RR.

The timeline for making a coaching change is closing quickly. If it's true that Harbaugh isn't interested in the Michigan job then I don't see Rodriguez being fired. He's got a solid recruiting class that he's bringing in and if he was fired before NSD then that would create major problems. Especially if they couldn't find a coach until a couple of weeks before then.

Not really sure where they would turn to find a HC that fits their program. At this point (with Harbaugh out of picture) it looks like Michigan would be getting rid of RR just to get rid of him without a clue of who could replace him instead of doing what may be best by keeping him for one more.

The timeline for making a coaching change is closing quickly. If it's true that Harbaugh isn't interested in the Michigan job then I don't see Rodriguez being fired. He's got a solid recruiting class that he's bringing in and if he was fired before NSD then that would create major problems. Especially if they couldn't find a coach until a couple of weeks before then.

Not really sure where they would turn to find a HC that fits their program. At this point (with Harbaugh out of picture) it looks like Michigan would be getting rid of RR just to get rid of him without a clue of who could replace him instead of doing what may be best by keeping him for one more.

Yeah, but I think there are a great deal of Michigan boosters who are getting fed up with Rich Rod. :dunno:

It also seems to me that there is really no convenient time to fire a coach, especially if you have a bowl game. Coaching changes are going to be painful no matter the situation. I think the people in charge at Michigan are starting to see the writing on the wall. Up until now he has sucked and the excuse has always been that he just didn't have his offense in place yet and needed to recruit for it blah blah blah. Well, this year the offense looked legit, but the defense was soooooooooo bad. So now he needs two to three years to recruit to a better defense? What if that still fails? I just don't think they want to take the chance that he continues to fail, especially with the NCAA stuff looming around.

IMO all signs point to him getting fired today.

I dont see how Michigan can keep Rich Rod. The negativity surrounding him would be too much for him to overcome. Dont know how it affects Frost, but hopefully he will join the good guys..

I dont see how Michigan can keep Rich Rod. The negativity surrounding him would be too much for him to overcome. Dont know how it affects Frost, but hopefully he will join the good guys..

Kinda like the negativity surrounding you today :laugh: but yep maybe it'll be just enough for Frost to change his mind if indeed Rich Rod is fired.

Kinda like the negativity surrounding you today :laugh: but yep maybe it'll be just enough for Frost to change his mind if indeed Rich Rod is fired.

Ill admit I'm a bit of a pessimist, but here's the good thing about being a pessimist: I am always either proven right, or pleasantly suprised  :). Atleast I don't result to name calling if I disagree with someone about something, unlike some others...

Well, it would be nice if Frost has already decided to go with AU if this were to happen. He has to decide soon, so why not at an all-star game? ;)

Well, it would be nice if Frost has already decided to go with AU if this were to happen. He has to decide soon, so why not at an all-star game? ;)

He's going to enroll early wherever he goes, and Saturday is going to be his decision day.

I would love Rich rob to get fired, and pick up KF. What would be even better is if Michigan says we need to return to smash mouth football, and good defense, and hire Les Miles...opening the door for L. Collins.

He's going to enroll early wherever he goes, and Saturday is going to be his decision day.

SWEET :) This week is getting better by the day! Now is Marcus would go ahead and decide he doesn't need to take those other visits.... ;)

Archived