Frost is ALL IN

aun

I think that Les Miles would take the UM job.

Now that's interesting.... talk about a coaching change that could help AU...

I don't think that would be helping AU at all. They would probably get a much better coach that can better utilize all their talent. LSU has had as much talent as anyone and Miles and his staff's lack of coaching is the only reason they haven't competed for more championships.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the short list at Michigan is Harbaugh, Miles, Hoke....in that order.

I think Patterson and Peterson get on that list and I also think they gauge the interest of Saban I know he is from West Virginia and Michigan is similiar. I doubt he would leave for that job but I kinda think the guy gets bored with a program and enjoys rebuilding programs. Plus he has spent much of his life in that area Kent State, Ohio State, Mich. St., Toledo, Cleveland, etc.... just a thought

I don't think that would be helping AU at all. They would probably get a much better coach that can better utilize all their talent. LSU has had as much talent as anyone and Miles and his staff's lack of coaching is the only reason they haven't competed for more championships.

Yeah you'll get no disagreement from me on that one. I was really just thinking about this class, namely Collins. It may not even help with him if Miles were to leave, just seems that whenever there are coaching changes there are kids that move on. Les is not a good coach, but he has continued to recruit at a very high level. That may just be because he has his state talent going for him, but regardless the guy brings in great talent.

If Michigan is really worried about the amount of $ for the buy-out of a coach, isn't there a certain coach in the SEC who doesn't have a buy-out at all????? Just pondering...

The word on the tube this afternoon is that the job will probably go to Hoke at SDSU. I wonder if he'll take big Al with him to Michigan? I'm sure Hoke would be a good hire, but I have to wonder if Michigan will at least interview a minority candidate. It just makes me sick that AU caught some crap a few years ago with the Turner Gill situation (at least AU interviewed him) but it seems these other schools are hiring white coaches and are not getting any flack at all about not interviewing minority candidates.

It made me sick that AU caught crap about that too.. but I look  at it as disgraceful to interview someone just because they are a minority when they have no shot at the job , its like quotas they are bad for society let the best candidate for the job get the job

If Michigan is really worried about the amount of $ for the buy-out of a coach, isn't there a certain coach in the SEC who doesn't have a buy-out at all????? Just pondering...

The word on the tube this afternoon is that the job will probably go to Hoke at SDSU. I wonder if he'll take big Al with him to Michigan? I'm sure Hoke would be a good hire, but I have to wonder if Michigan will at least interview a minority candidate. It just makes me sick that AU caught some crap a few years ago with the Turner Gill situation (at least AU interviewed him) but it seems these other schools are hiring white coaches and are not getting any flack at all about not interviewing minority candidates.

I think AU got alot of heat for that b/c of Gill's success at the time and Chizik's record at the time. Charles Barkley being outspoken about it didnt help either. Jay Jacobs looks like a genius now

Yeah you'll get no disagreement from me on that one. I was really just thinking about this class, namely Collins. It may not even help with him if Miles were to leave, just seems that whenever there are coaching changes there are kids that move on. Les is not a good coach, but he has continued to recruit at a very high level. That may just be because he has his state talent going for him, but regardless the guy brings in great talent.

Gotcha. I'm still not completely sold on Miles even being a great recruiter. I think when LSU's program is doing well, the university almost recruits itself because of so many talented players growing up fans of the team.

The timeline for making a coaching change is closing quickly. If it's true that Harbaugh isn't interested in the Michigan job then I don't see Rodriguez being fired. He's got a solid recruiting class that he's bringing in and if he was fired before NSD then that would create major problems. Especially if they couldn't find a coach until a couple of weeks before then.

Not really sure where they would turn to find a HC that fits their program. At this point (with Harbaugh out of picture) it looks like Michigan would be getting rid of RR just to get rid of him without a clue of who could replace him instead of doing what may be best by keeping him for one more.

If they keep him 1 more year and he does not improve then they have the same issue at the end of season just 1 year later. The recruits he will be trying to bring in next year will be facing same issue as these. Question is do you do it now or wait 1 year and deal with this same problem again. Seems easier that if they don't want him just do it and move forward. They lose either way, so why put off for tomorrow what you can fix sooner?

I think if sources are correct and Harbaugh won't come to UM, then maybe they keep Rich Rod another year in hopes that a home run hitting coach comes available...Hoke would be hard to swallow when Michigan fans were expecting Harbaugh...however, I think Hoke would probably be successful at Michigan. 

In honor of the name of this thread, what is the latest news on Frost?  Did he ever actually commit to UM, or is it just speculation that he is a strong Michigan lean?  What are AU's chances?

I'm still hoping we will sign Kris.

That's what this thread is about??

Wow! Who knew? :dunno:

I'm still hoping we will sign Kris.

That's what this thread is about??

:laugh: ...sorry,... never gets old...

So he is announcing at the Army All American Game on Saturday?

Yes

...and whether Michigan has a coach or not.

BSPN reporting that Rich Rod has been fired, again.

I think it sticks this time. Press conference has been announced for this afternoon...Jessie Palmer is saying Les Miles' buyout is only $1-$2 million. That is not a lot and posters on here were saying Miles buyout was Huge...not so much if Palmer is right.

I think it sticks this time. Press conference has been announced for this afternoon...Jessie Palmer is saying Les Miles' buyout is only $1-$2 million. That is not a lot and posters on here were saying Miles buyout was Huge...not so much if Palmer is right.

I heard on wjox yesterday and people were discussing Les Miles to Michigan.  Supposedly, his buyout is really huge to other schools, but if he were to go to michigan it would be much much less.  He worked it out in his contract to be that way.  TIFWIW, I heard it on the radio.

You're right...I think the initial confusion was a report that was based on his buyout if LSU pushes him out (which is huge)...I read that it is $1.25M if he wants to leave

I think Jesse Palmer was saying that's how much he spends on his hair gel and glamor shot pictures

Rich Rod leaving really helps our cause more than some may think.  I'm not saying he's now ours but it helps.  If they pull the trigger fast on Hoke then I think that helps our cause out even more.

I reiterate what I said yesterday.  that's if he's really leaving.  HAHA!  Sorry fellas.  'Don't have any connections at Meatchicken.

If Miles goes to Michigan and is hired before Saturday or Frost knows he will be the coach before he commits then I think he will pick Michigan since LSU and Miles were his #3 choice.

I would really hate to see Les go to UM.  He continues to do Les with more talent than anybody in the country right now.  Eventually his luck will run out.

Archived