Eagle to fly at BCS National Championship Game

JimmyC123

Awww we won't be able to yell WAR EAGLE while it is in flight.  That makes me sad. 

How exactly do they intend to stop people from doing that?

Awww we won't be able to yell WAR EAGLE while it is in flight.  That makes me sad. 

I agree completely.  I'll be screaming some War Eaglllllllllleeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Its during the national anthem so most people wont be yelling war eagle

Its during the national anthem so most people wont be yelling war eagle

I hate to say it and I know its not right because its during the National Anthem but I believe there will be plenty yelling it.

I agree completely.  I'll be screaming some War Eaglllllllllleeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

during the national anthem?

I think that many would view yelling "War Eagle" during the National Anthem as disrespectful and low-class. I would agree with them. I worried about this very issue when I first read the article about the eagle flying in Glendale. I figured it would be during the SSB and worried that some AU fans would not understand(or care) that it would be inappropriate and that a "War Eagle" during the anthem would definitely reflect poorly on Auburn (in front of a worldwide audience). I hate it because the eagle flying at any other time would have been great for showing off the greatest pre-game tradition in college football. Flame away but JMHO. Still very cool that there will be an eagle flight at the game.

Well, I agree.  But it looked to me (from the not very good video), that the eagle actually landed right after the end of the National Anthem.  Meaning that we may be able to squeeze in a quick and LOUD "WAR EAGLE" as others are cheering the end of the SSB.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

wareagle.gif

Just e-mailed Jay Jacobs and encouraged him to e-mail the AU family in an effort to discourage a potentially embarassing moment for Auburn in front of a national TV audience. That's how strongly I feel about this. FWIW.

Just e-mailed Jay Jacobs and encouraged him to e-mail the AU family in an effort to discourage a potentially embarassing moment for Auburn in front of a national TV audience. That's how strongly I feel about this. FWIW.

That's probably a good move. The American flag is hung above the Auburn flag, ever so slightly.

I wouldn't be embarasssed by it in the least.

Respect for our United States of America > "War Eagle"

I guess I just wouldn't deem it dissrespectful. I love my country very much, and I have numorous family members that have served and I feel confident in saying they would feel the same. But it is just my opionion and if others did not I understand.

"The Home of the Brave!" Then "War Eagle!" (Marketable!)

We have been putting out military officers since 1866. And serving wounded soldiers since 1859.

Auburn fans can scream "WAR EAGLE" after the SSB and be proud of it.

And no, I dont think its some backwoods "battle cry" I think its awsome! People from all over see my AU gear and say "WAR EAGLE!" but dont even know what state AU is in. WAR EAGLE! is unique, and extreamly popular these days.  :-\  wonder why?

Cause we are winners. Clients that dont even speak english see my badge and say "War Eagle!" They see the symbol and sorta want to make a connection that we are both familiar with.

People seem to love and pick up on symbolism (AU) and battle cries "WAR EAGLE!" and color schemes of winners.

Its not disrespect, but respect to yeal WAR EAGLE at the end. Just let the bird do an early victory lap.

Guest shirley4au9

I think that many would view yelling "War Eagle" during the National Anthem as disrespectful and low-class. I would agree with them. I worried about this very issue when I first read the article about the eagle flying in Glendale. I figured it would be during the SSB and worried that some AU fans would not understand(or care) that it would be inappropriate and that a "War Eagle" during the anthem would definitely reflect poorly on Auburn (in front of a worldwide audience). I hate it because the eagle flying at any other time would have been great for showing off the greatest pre-game tradition in college football. Flame away but JMHO. Still very cool that there will be an eagle flight at the game.

Definitely agree with this. Although it will be hard because this is what we do pre-game. Please refrain from yelling War Eagle during National Anthem. It would be classless.

If the eagle flies during the National Anthem, then it's definitely inappropriate to yell, "War Eagle".

Definitely this. I respect this Nation, the Veterans, Auburn and myself too much to do anything like this. BTW, WDE!

I guess I should chime in on this one. I served in the military for my country. What makes this country great is that you can either stand there and be silent or you can scream "WAR EAGLE". That's what I was fighting for. Classless? Some may think so. Innapropiate? Absolutely not!

Archived