Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

Without knowing anything about recruiting, I think it's highly unlikely for Dismukes start -- or better, that would be a sign of trouble.  Center in the SEC isn't just the adjustment to the guys you have to block, it's also making all the right calls in a new system and picking up stunts and so forth.

Dismukes is enrolling early, no? (Could be wrong but I remember seeing that somewhere.) So he would at least have the benefit of spring practice as well...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without knowing anything about recruiting, I think it's highly unlikely for Dismukes start -- or better, that would be a sign of trouble.  Center in the SEC isn't just the adjustment to the guys you have to block, it's also making all the right calls in a new system and picking up stunts and so forth.

Dismukes is enrolling early, no? (Could be wrong but I remember seeing that somewhere.) So he would at least have the benefit of spring practice as well...

He is on campus now and the Spring practice will definitely help him.

Pugh started at RT not center as a freshman.  I do however believe Dismukes can and probably will be our starting center this year.  How good is Burgess?

Burgess was a little small in the fall. I dont know where he stacks up currently. He's a bad dude

indeed he is after playing with him he is a great guy to have on the team whether he plays or not. but he has gained a massive amount of weight since coming in and i think he will start next year at center.

Let's say you could have any 7 recruits that we are onto and on "their" board, who would it be?  Not who you think it will be necessarily, but if we could have the 7 "best case senario" commits.

Westerman

Kouandjio

Drew

Wright

Florence

Roberson

Crowell

Westerman

Collins

Drew

Wright

Florence

Roberson

Clowney

....If I had my pick.

Mayor - No Running Back? 

Good Call on Clowney and Collins, but I left them off because I don't think we are really on "their board", but maybe we are.

That's just if I had my wish....and you're right, we're barely on Clowney's list and we're probably a distant 2nd with Collins, but if we could get those guys I'd forfiet a RB. Ha!

Let's say you could have any 7 recruits that we are onto and on "their" board, who would it be?  Not who you think it will be necessarily, but if we could have the 7 "best case senario" commits.

Westerman

Kouandjio

Drew

Wright

Florence

Roberson

Crowell

Westerman

Collins

Drew

Wright

Florence

Roberson

Clowney

....If I had my pick.

Mayor - No Running Back? 

Good Call on Clowney and Collins, but I left them off because I don't think we are really on "their board", but maybe we are.

That's just if I had my wish....and you're right, we're barely on Clowney's list and we're probably a distant 2nd with Collins, but if we could get those guys I'd forfiet a RB. Ha!

I agree. It begins and ends in the trenches...

Just wanted to tell you guys I didn't purposly lie to you guys about KF enrolling today. I had talked to someone as close to the situation as humanly possible day before yesterday and was told he was planning to enroll. So, sorry for the misinformation but I think all this greyshirt stuff happened in the last 2 days after I made the post. I am shocked that he's willing to wait on a scholly, but extremely excited that he would. Kris could go just about anywhere he wants to and to wait for AU says a lot about how much he wants to be a Tiger. I'm still counting him as a commit by the way, because there is still a possibility he could get a scholly this year and all this will be for nothing. WDE!

Just wanted to tell you guys I didn't purposly lie to you guys about KF enrolling today. I had talked to someone as close to the situation as humanly possible day before yesterday and was told he was planning to enroll. So, sorry for the misinformation but I think all this greyshirt stuff happened in the last 2 days after I made the post. I am shocked that he's willing to wait on a scholly, but extremely excited that he would. Kris could go just about anywhere he wants to and to wait for AU says a lot about how much he wants to be a Tiger. I'm still counting him as a commit by the way, because there is still a possibility he could get a scholly this year and all this will be for nothing. WDE!

So does that means he is going to wait and see if one of our other targets doesnt pan out or is indeed going to pay his way and earn a scholarship for the 2012 class?  TIA

So does that means he is going to wait and see if one of our other targets doesnt pan out or is indeed going to pay his way and earn a scholarship for the 2012 class?  TIA

It is too early to answer. the agreement is he will pay his own way til January 2012. But that will change if we miss on someone on NSD or lose someone from this class by January 2012.

Thanks for the clarification.

Apparently someone at Rivals thinks that Erique Florence has already committed to Auburn.

"Other Auburn commits from the state of Alabama honored with postseason accolades were Hoover wide receiever Jaylon Denson, who was named to the 6A first team all-state, Davidson defensive lineman JaBrian Niles who earned 6A honorable mention, and Valley safety Erique Florence who earned 5A honorable mention."

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1175721

So they give us credit for a player who has not publicly committed to us, but leave off one that did it on national tv last Saturday.  :laugh:

Any new news on Florence?  I noticed there are 2 new rivals articles about him.

Does anyone have any idea what Robenson might had meant with his comment that his commit would surprise some people? :wareagle:

My suspicion is that he is going to jump out of a giant cake at Coach Gene Chizik's birthday party wearing an AU hat yelling "surprise"  :laugh:

Apparently someone at Rivals thinks that Erique Florence has already committed to Auburn.

"Other Auburn commits from the state of Alabama honored with postseason accolades were Hoover wide receiever Jaylon Denson, who was named to the 6A first team all-state, Davidson defensive lineman JaBrian Niles who earned 6A honorable mention, and Valley safety Erique Florence who earned 5A honorable mention."

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1175721

So they give us credit for a player who has not publicly committed to us, but leave off one that did it on national tv last Saturday.   :laugh:

Any new news on Florence?  I noticed there are 2 new rivals articles about him.

I'll be shocked if we don't sign Florence. Really shocked.

Does anyone have any idea what Robenson might had meant with his comment that his commit would surprise some people? :wareagle:

Could have meant that he's going to sign with Florida....But I still like our chances. As of right now I think he'll sign with AU.

It is too early to answer. the agreement is he will pay his own way til January 2012. But that will change if we miss on someone on NSD or lose someone from this class by January 2012.

^^^This^^^ and that's why I'm still listing him as a commit. All the grey shirt stuff doesn't mean he's not a priority. I'm still holding out that he gets a scholly in this class.

DJ addressed this in another thread, but I cant find it. Roberson meant "surprise" as in a cool way to announce his commitment, not that his choice would be a surprise. He was then asked if this means Auburn fans should worry, and he said no.

I removed Shon Coleman from the list of additions because although he is enrolled, I don't think he's going to count in this years numbers. I don't think he will count into the scholly numbers until next year. He still has some rehabbing and treatment to go through, so he's still not ready for football I don't think. Still thinking about who I think that last scholly spot will be....Haven't decided yet.

DJ addressed this in another thread, but I cant find it. Roberson meant "surprise" as in a cool way to announce his commitment, not that his choice would be a surprise. He was then asked if this means Auburn fans should worry, and he said no.

There you go. Better answer than I gave.  :laugh:

I removed Shon Coleman from the list of additions because although he is enrolled, I don't think he's going to count in this years numbers. I don't think he will count into the scholly numbers until next year. He still has some rehabbing and treatment to go through, so he's still not ready for football I don't think. Still thinking about who I think that last scholly spot will be....Haven't decided yet.

Actually, I think we'll sign 26 because I don't think we'll have any non-quals, so other than the question of Mason/Huggins/Crowell, I think what you have will be our class.

Actually, I think we'll sign 26 because I don't think we'll have any non-quals, so other than the question of Mason/Huggins/Crowell, I think what you have will be our class.

So if you think everyone qualifies, do you think that there is another committ other than Frost that has been asked to greyshirt to get us to the 25 limit? Maybe there is one that comes from a rich family that we planned on redshirting anyway or wants to walk on for the fall and get a scholly in the spring.

So if you think everyone qualifies, do you think that there is another committ other than Frost that has been asked to greyshirt to get us to the 25 limit? Maybe there is one that comes from a rich family that we planned on redshirting anyway or wants to walk on for the fall and get a scholly in the spring.

No, the 26 includes Frost.

You're probably right Red.  :thumbsup:

Archived