Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats what they told me about kris frost.

well, every one of the other recruiting sites plus some of our guys here is saying that.

I have no idea what's going on anymore. I quit.

nooooo! i hope it wasn't something I said!

what changes now that ahmad christian has committed?

nothing, because Auburn doesn't have a spot for him.

The tweet I read last night about him signing was that he committed to AU to play football and baseball.  Could they be setting it up where he comes in as a walk on for football and takes a scholly for baseball?

If you have any kind of scholarship and play football it counts against the 25 and 85.

Not if you sit out the first year and only practice.

If you have any kind of scholarship and play football it counts against the 25 and 85.

Thanks for the clarification but I've got to admit that seems like a BS rule. I can see the concern about schools putting players on rosters for other teams and having them focus on football but as long as the player is playing multiple sports then they should allow the either play both sports with the scholly applying to only one sport or give the kids both scholarships and let the keep the extra cash.  

That obviously wouldn't count against the 25 but would it still apply towards the 85 or can they apply the scholarship strictly against the baseball program?

That obviously wouldn't count against the 25 but would it still apply towards the 85 or can they apply the scholarship strictly against the baseball program?

not until he plays.

This is crazy.  Too much for my brain to compute!!! :banghead:

Thank goodness I don't have to wait long for clarity.  :party:

p.s. When are we getting a national champion face? :thumbsup:

I heard coach Grimes was interviewing today for the off. line coach at Texas. I understand this will effect the westerman kid final decison if he was hired at Texas just wondering if it could somehow effect some the kids he has already been recruiting for Auburn,thanks for any insight

I heard coach Grimes was interviewing today for the off. line coach at Texas. I understand this will effect the westerman kid final decison if he was hired at Texas just wondering if it could somehow effect some the kids he has already been recruiting for Auburn,thanks for any insight

Probably not. The rest are committed to Auburn, not Coach Grimes.

Jeff Lee at rivals has Huggins and crowell ahead of Mason on he thinks Auburn may saying keep your eyes on Auburn and crowell. Stated Fost may had waited to long to commit but he is Auburn if we wanted him. Tight end Brandon Fulse is 90% Auburn commit and will be soon. Westerman , Au in great shape !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you guys enjoy that info sounds pretty good WAR EAGLE

The Dream Signing Class will continue.  This is how I see us finishing.  Yeah, I know, crazy isn't it?? 

Fulse (in)

Roberson (in)

Sigler (in)

Drew (in)

Florence (in)

Wright (in)

Westerman  (Richardson if Christian goes to TX)

Crowell (Huggins or Mason if Crowell doesn't commit)

Frost (contingent on a possible greyshirt. I don't think Kris takes a greyshirt) 

The Dream Signing Class will continue.  This is how I see us finishing.  Yeah, I know, crazy isn't it?? 

Fulse (in)

Roberson (in)

Sigler (in)

Drew (in)

Florence (in)

Wright (in)

Frost (contingent on a possible greyshirt. I don't think Kris takes a greyshirt) 

:cool:

Fulse (in)

Roberson (in)

Sigler (in)

Drew (in)

Florence (in)

Wright (in)

Wait. Wouldn't Frosty get a scholly if Westy goes to UT?. Even though it is a different position i would think Frosty is next in line for a scholly.

Fulse (in)

Roberson (in)

Sigler (in)

Drew (in)

Florence (in)

Wright (in)

Wait. Wouldn't Frosty get a scholly if Westy goes to UT?. Even though it is a different position i would think Frosty is next in line for a scholly.

Don;t you think it's more critical that we get another OT?  Frost is great, but he's not a serious need.

Fulse (in)

Roberson (in)

Sigler (in)

Drew (in)

Florence (in)

Wright (in)

Don;t you think it's more critical that we get another OT?  Frost is great, but he's not a serious need.

It's not about gettng another OT  unless the coaches told Frost that an OT is a priority no matter what. .

Fulse (in)

Roberson (in)

Sigler (in)

Drew (in)

Florence (in)

Wright (in)

It's not about gettng another OT  unless the coaches told Frost that an OT is a priority no matter what. .

It's always a good idea to fill your needs in recruiting.  We need all of the above players more than we need Frost right now and I think that's they way the staff is approaching this.  Just my opinion.

Archived