Auburn vs UAT Game Thread

around4ever

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

58-49 bama 1:18 left. We fell apart the last 5 minutes

We have had many problems this year but one of the glaring issues that I have noticed is finishing out games.  For instance the loss to florida the other night, had the lead and choked down the stretch

Guest jojo1515

58-49 bama 1:18 left. We fell apart the last 5 minutes

We have had many problems this year but one of the glaring issues that I have noticed is finishing out games.  For instance the loss to florida the other night, had the lead and choked down the stretch

that is a true sign of great coaching :laugh: :laugh:  This is getting really old

Coach Barbee needs to make these kids believe they can win a game. He hasn't taught them how to hold on in the final minutes, or how to make a run when it's a close game. It's like the team expects to lose....so they mentally give up. I wonder if he's conveying that feeling to them somehow.  :dunno:

did anyone hear that guy ranting and heckling the bammer players the whole game? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahaha yeah. When Jamycheal (sp?) Green traveled, he yelled at him that he's supposed to dribble that orange thing. Job well done by the heckler, shows that you can be clean but still be funny

did anyone hear that guy ranting and heckling the bammer players the whole game? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahaha yeah. When Jamycheal (sp?) Green traveled, he yelled at him that he's supposed to dribble that orange thing. Job well done by the heckler, shows that you can be clean but still be funny

You shut your mouth Jamycheal, just shut your mouth!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We simply don't have enough quality this season across the board, still it would be nice to see attendance similar to today.

Anyone that can actually put the ball in the basket please report to the Auburn Arena and ask for T. Barbee. Playing time shouldn't be a problem. Thank you in advance.

I was at the game tonite...great crowd and loud. About half of the football team was there til halftime and they left after the trophy presentation. a lot of recruits/commits were there...BC,, Westerman and Keihl were ones I recognized.

Point guard is not the weakness....lack of a true number two that can consistently hit shots ...and somebody covering the backside to keep the opponents from getting easy layups!

there was a noisy nerdy gump and his wife sitting a section over and behind us. What a gump.

They have got to hit FTs, find somebody that can shoot jump shots outside, and finish games. stating the obvious.

Still enjoyed the day on the Plains, even though a bit chilly!

Well guys, we knew the program was in rough shape with Coach Lebo.  The team never developed a personality under him.  He could not hold onto talent.  And Coach Barbee has had some issues there also but he will work through that.  

We also knew that Coach Barbee could not turn this ship around in half a season.  Let's give him another recruiting class and watch him get this ship headed in the right direction.  This season is aimed at developing what is there and as said before, teaching them how to win.   When that is done he will have a core of leaders to bring the next class along with a winning attitude.  WAR EAGLE Coach Barbee!!  We are behind you!!  

Well guys, we knew the program was in rough shape with Coach Lebo.  The team never developed a personality under him.  He could not hold onto talent.  And Coach Barbee has had some issues there also but he will work through that.  

We also knew that Coach Barbee could not turn this ship around in half a season.  Let's give him another recruiting class and watch him get this ship headed in the right direction.  This season is aimed at developing what is there and as said before, teaching them how to win.   When that is done he will have a core of leaders to bring the next class along with a winning attitude.  WAR EAGLE Coach Barbee!!  We are behind you!!  

I don't think any reasonable person holds CTB responsible for this or anything. Obviously this downward spiral started long before he got here. We knew this would be a tough, tough year for us due to the many glaring weaknesses. Still tough to watch though. Dang!

I don't think Barbee really has had a recruiting class.  Last one was him just getting his feet wet being new to the South and SEC.  I think the class he signs next will be the true test of what he can do.  I can give Barbee 2-3 years to show the improvement we need.  This year was a write off from the beginning.  We all knew that from the way Lebo left the cupboard bare.  I salute the players for what they are doing and the foundation that is being laid down.  We will get to where we need to be, but it will just take a while.  I think next year will be a vast improvement and we will have a really good program in place.

War Eagle!

:wedance:

I don't think any reasonable person holds CTB responsible for this or anything. Obviously this downward spiral started long before he got here. We knew this would be a tough, tough year for us due to the many glaring weaknesses. Still tough to watch though. Dang!

As the head coach you have to take responsibility for part of it. It's his job to coach these players to the best of their ability and they aren't playing to the best of their ability just yet. He's getting there. This downward spiral started when Cliff Ellis was head coach.

Keep fighting boys!! We have your back :thumbsup:

If one thing kinda irks me about CTB, it's his attitude towards this team being "offensively challenged" as he says so often. I get that we aren't the most talented team, but constantly reminding them that they aren't very good when it comes to scoring isn't very inspiring. Why not preach the point that despite size or talent if we play as a TEAM we can score and win? It just bugs me when I see guys playing hard and we miss a shot or lay up and he has this look on his face of " yeah that's what I expect from this group, not making that shot doesn't surprise me".

Don't get me wrong, I do like CTB. I just wish he would challenge this team on their offensive abilities instead of just writing them off as offensively challenged.

^^^^^ This,this and this. It's going to take us a little while, but he's the best coach we've had in a long time, imo. WDE!!!!! Hang in there guys.

Archived