Beniquez Brown to MSU

kfowler8

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acc'd to Bryan Matthews, Brown received an offer today. He's an RB, 6'2, 210 lbs out of Florence High School. He grew up a huge Auburn fan and told Matthews he was going to discuss the offer with his family soon and maybe have a decision soon. Looks like the coaches aren't wasting time filling needs for the next class!

His highlights are very impressive.  Seems like a great combination of size, speed, and balance.  Just basing on his highlight reel he looks like a 4* to me.

Are we offering at RB or MLB, do you know?  He looked impressive at both positions.

Everything I've seen, including Matthews' interview with him, refers to him as an RB.

If he does, I hope he'll stick to his AU commit unlike what a few guys did this year.

As wore out as we were watching it had to be a real grind on our coaches.  Imagine spending 60%, 70% or more of your time on a handful of "issues."    AU has not historically pushed for the early commits, but I think everyone up & down to feeding chain are pretty well wore out from it.  I would expect, if not a different, the an "adjusted" tact in approaching our recruits next year.  Would not be surprised if some of the really high rated ones who are wishy-washy get cut off at the knees early by Chizik.  We don't need that BS, we need kids who are all-in.  Our coaches are fully capable of coaching up.  Seen it before, we'll see it again.  3 & 4 stars on the field looking all 5 star like.  Man that's what I like to see.  Kids with heart.

I definitely hope we get this kid.  I have watched him play about five times and he was always the best player on the field.  To put that in perspective his team played Calloway's team this year.  That is not to say he is head and shoulders better, but to say in that particular game I found him to be more impressive.  He is a very good athlete and could play RB or LB at the next level.

It sounds like we are definitely offering him as an RB and we'd like to lock him up now and still look to get Yeldon or other out-of-state talent.

How does he stack up against the Marshall's, Yeldon's and Williams' of the RB world? From the info I've gathered so far, I'd like a Yeldon/Trey Williams combo or a Marshall/Yeldon combo, plus a 3rd to compliment that combo. I might be asking too much though given that Yeldon, Marshall and Williams may be program headliners.

Call me crazy but we could take Beniquez and Trey Wiiliams as strictly RB's and Yeldon as a WR/RB type that could play either. But I think Beniquez would be great on D, kinda like Calloway this year.

Call me crazy but we could take Beniquez and Trey Wiiliams as strictly RB's and Yeldon as a WR/RB type that could play either. But I think Beniquez would be great on D, kinda like Calloway this year.

For some reason, the Williams/Brown combo sounds good to me too!  ;)

Beniquez's film looks an awful lot like Lattimore's, just saying.  :thumbsup: Big, strong back; slashing running style, kid would compliment another back like Marshall or Williams perfectly. Not saying I'm sold because I've yet to see Yeldon's film, but this kid looks great.

Archived