Beniquez Brown to MSU

kfowler8

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember umpiring this kid at Wilson Dam from age 9 to 12. He was a massive young man then. When he got a hold of a baseball, it went a long ways.

I knew he was going to be something special if he kept his head on straight and by the looks of it he has.

Congrats Beniquez and War Eagle

I think Brown has a fumbling issue. I wouldn't be completely certain that he's offered at RB.

Lattimore also had serious fumbling issues, as does Yeldon.  That is often easily corrected by a college RB coach.  However, he is a very impressive linebacker as well.  I see very little chance Brown doesn't end up being a successful football player barring injury.

i would take him. if he could stay around the same size but add alittle more top end speed he could be something special. in his film, he has excellent drive and plays hard. could be one of those combo athletes. just throw them on the field and watch out.

I live in Florence and have personally watched Beniquez play for the past 2 seasons. He is a STUD! He is fast and powerful on both sides of the ball. He is the type of RB to put the game on his back and carry his team to a victory. FHS was not a talented team last season but his presence on the field kept the Falcons in each and every game. I saw FHS vs. Russellville (Calloway vs. Brown) last year. Brown was by far the more impressive RB in that game. RHS won with greater depth and overall better talent but Brown was sensational. I would love to see him wearing orange and blue. Hopefully, our staff will bring him to the Plains!

Can't believe there's this many folks from Florence on here..I'll chime in too.

Brown played QB for the first 4-5 games, because they simply didn't have anyone else. He did a pretty fair job all things considered. As soon as they decided to play a Freshman at QB, Brown looked a lot more comfortable at his old position of RB.

The OL that he ran behind looked like a bunch of kids on the bad news bears. Florence was really down this year, with Brown being one of the only bright spots in the bunch. The 2009 highlights (I haven't looked at them yet) on youtube might be a better indication of what he can do with more talent around him, although he was a year younger.

One more tidbit..the Head Coach and AD at FHS is Alvin Briggs. He played for AU in the mid 80's as a DB.  I think he was on a team or two with Tracy Rocker.

Just my opinion .... I watched him play against Russellville this year and he is a great Athlete but far better on Defense. in the game against Russellville he didnt impress me at RB he had like 4 or 5 fumbles  and runs to tall  but he was a beast on D and would make a good LB or DE. There was a rumor he was going to transfer to Russellville and would play  DE for us. dont believe he would play RB any at RHS. Russellville dominated Florence this year and Calloway was a beast in the game  but he was pretty fired up.

Yeldon is more impressive IMO. TJ is the same size, but quicker and more top end speed. If we get Brown, I hope we're shooting for 3 backs, because I also want a good out of state back

Ditto. Brown, Yeldon, and Marshall/Williams would be fantastic.

Where do everyone's opinions on how good Yeldon is come from? Im not saying he's not as good as advertised but there's no film of him yet.  Has everyone here seen him in person or is this just speculation?  I watched brown's tape and its very impressive, looks like a much better back than calloway and absolutely lays the wood on defense.  IMO he is a must get for us.  I hope y'all are right in saying Yeldon is better bc he much be scary good.

I would definatlely take this kid! I mean look at his size and they put em at QB cuz he's the best athlete on the field! We need a bruiser and this kid could be the answer. It would be nice to land a Brown/Yeldon/Williams combo this year. We need to get Yeldon for sure though he carried Daphne to the state title this past year

I think Brown has a fumbling issue. I wouldn't be completely certain that he's offered at RB.

I was thinking the same thing.  He's got good running back film, but awesome linebacker film. 

Where do everyone's opinions on how good Yeldon is come from? Im not saying he's not as good as advertised but there's no film of him yet.  Has everyone here seen him in person or is this just speculation?  I watched brown's tape and its very impressive, looks like a much better back than calloway and absolutely lays the wood on defense.  IMO he is a must get for us.  I hope y'all are right in saying Yeldon is better bc he much be scary good.

I've played against him 3 times and seem him play a couple more times. He's a better RB than Brown IMO. Plus an ESPN recruiting analyst said Yeldon reminds him of Joe McKnight, and he's easily the top back in Alabama

:wareagle: just look at his tape a while  back. I think he will end up as a linebacker. He is also a very patient player (the thing that i love about him the most). he lets the play develop and then makes the play.

On the issue of fumbling, I witnessed a RB (Carnell Williams was his name) drop the ball 5x during a game at Cullman during his Sr year.  Probably still had 200 yds that game, but did have great difficulties holding on to the ball. 

Moral to the story...even great ones can have bad days.  Amazing how good coaching can help develop great players.  Just sayin...

Not to be a debby downer but is there a reason to be confident in Keith Marshall, besides the greatest coaching staff in the country, or is it just a guess?

He has some early interest, and with our staff we're definitely a player for him. But other than that, no reasons. He seems really interested in UGA early though

Archived