Auburn Vandy game Thread

AUjcsbija

I am very proud of the team, and continue to be impressed with Coach Barbee's coaching.  He has a roster that would not see the floor on most every other SEC team, and he keeps them competitive.    The future looks so bright, once he gets some real talent into the program!

:wedance:

(This is in no way meant as a slight to the current players who are playing their hearts out.)

Was at the game yesterday...nice crowd...except there was no one on the floor down on the spirit section behind the basket. I thought we played pretty well until whatever it was...about fifteen mins left in the second half when we started coming unraveled...turnovers, missed shots and leaving their guys that can hit threes open...all certainly worked against us. the grey headed offical hurt us on some calls when things started to turn and it seemed to just snowball after that.  I do like how TB is coaching players at every turn. Better things to come for sure.

I am very proud of the team, and continue to be impressed with Coach Barbee's coaching.   He has a roster that would not see the floor on most every other SEC team, and he keeps them competitive.    The future looks so bright, once he gets some real talent into the program!

:wedance:

(This is in no way meant as a slight to the current players who are playing their hearts out.)

I don't think that's a slight at all. You are exactly right. Barbee's system is designed to get guys one on one and be able to attack the basket. We don't have any scorers besides Gabriel and Ross and no inside presence at all. He's making due with what we have. I think the two transfers plus Sullivan and the incoming freshman will give the team a real boost next year. I expect in two years we could legitimately be competing for SEC titles in football, baseball, and basketball!  :we:

I love Wallace's energy and leadership but we're at a huge disadvantage when he's on the floor. He has to take some jump shots. They're daring him to shoot it and he won't. He drives to the hole sometimes but has a tough time getting a good shot off. We are basically playing 4 on 5 while he is out there. Please shoot the ball JW. Please!

I did not look at the stats but remember him taking one...and it was way off. I think he knows his strengths and weaknesses. He needs a good shooting guard, small forward and presence underneath as options to dish off to. It will come in time.

A miss is a miss no matter how bad or good it looked. The only way to get out of a shooting slump is to keep shooting. You at least have to give the defense the impression that you have to guard me. You can't allow the defense to simply ignore you on offense. You must make them pay for it.

Archived