Eric Ramsey Interview

A.U.ScholarDad

More wierd timing of when this Ramsey interview came out. My favorite part was when he was asked when he first went to live with his grandmother. He said he was in the fourth grade and was 12 or 13. He must have been one of the oldest fourth graders ever. Most kids in fourth grade are 9 and turn 10 during the school year! :thumbsup:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/614915-auburn-on-probation-eric-ramsey-breaks-his-silence

Sounds like Eric Ramsey still has some growing up to do. I came away from this interview that Ramsey blames everyone else but himself for all the negatives in his life. I'm sure his wife had him by the short hairs but Ramsey needs to take a long look in the mirror.

People see the world as they want to. He and his wife thought they were being treated badly, all the while having a hand out accepting money. I don't really care if his wife put him up to it. He and he alone is responsible for his actions. At any point while accepting the money, he could have taken the moral high road and said that it wasn't right. He could have dropped out of school and got a job to fend for his family(that's what adults do) and kept his mouth shut in the process.

How can someone wrong you so badly while feeding your family and allowing you to chase your NFL dream/education promise to grandma?

He comes across to me in the article to be passing blame. It's as if he wants the AU Family to welcome him back with open arms. I just don't see that happening. I just don't understand why he didn't have a problem with taking the money but once it started to dry up he became the moral police.

As for clarification: I feel Dye, the coaching staff, and Auburn should have been punished. I feel it was an arms race with bama and the AU coaches got caught. I don't take issue with Ramsey telling everyone. I take issue with the fact that Ramsey took the money and then turned the coaches in. I feel like his playing it off toward his ex is a cop out. Sure she played her role but he is ultimately to blame. I also feel like his playing time and the fact the coaches didn't "like" him were a result of his wife.

Eric needs to Man UP.  There is a reason his son has not spoken to him and it is NOT Twilitta talking bad about him; as that does not work on GROWN Children. 

He let a women lead him down the wrong path (as old a story as Adam and Eve) the folks around him have never had his best interest at heart (Twilitta. his attorney, etc.), he hurt himself.

He hurt Auburn worse than any person in the history of Auburn, without Eric there is no telling the heights that Auburn would be at now. 

I forgive Eric for what he has done in the past, I have not forgotten what he did.

I wonder why this is coming up now?  Curious timing.

This was happening when I was at Auburn.  It hurt a lot.  But we went about our business and moved on.  Student non-athletes still have plenty to do.  It became, for the most part, forgettable after going undefeated in '93.  The upside is, we got to listen to a lot more Jim Fyffe during the TV ban.  Which actually started a tradition that continues to this day of turning the sound off on the TV and turning the radio broadcast on.

He does need to take some responsibility.  It stinks, but it happened.

I forgive the guy and the people involved that I respected, but probably best not to come back.

Eric Ramsey? Boy, is that a name I don't want to hear ....

Same here...........

He lit me up when he was at Homewood and then the Auburn deal. Two bad memories for me.

btw- It was a cheap shot.

Maybe the REC didn't pay Eric, but I bet they did Twilitta.  They knew his weakness and went after it.  They are diabolical, sneaky, and can make you fall up stairs.

More wierd timing of when this Ramsey interview came out. My favorite part was when he was asked when he first went to live with his grandmother. He said he was in the fourth grade and was 12 or 13. He must have been one of the oldest fourth graders ever. Most kids in fourth grade are 9 and turn 10 during the school year! :thumbsup:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/614915-auburn-on-probation-eric-ramsey-breaks-his-silence

Not many people seem to realize Auburn did not pay this jerk to come to AU...THERE WAS NO ILLEGAL RECRUITING!

No other major school even offered Ramsey, so there was no reason to give him anything to come to AU. He and Twi-lighta begged the coaches to help them out AFTER he was already at AU and had a kid and couldn't feed it.

If Larry had not given him any help, it would not have not made any difference re: Ramsey playing for AU.

The recording was done to specifically extort money from AU. I know a person that actually heard a phone conversation between a Ramsey rep and an Auburn contact asking for the extortion money which was refused. In retrospect that was probably as bad a decision as it was to help the low-lifes buy groceries.

Bottom line don't feel any sympathy for Ramsey...he is a bottom feeder!

I don't understand why Ramsey and his agent didn't get in trouble for trying to extort money from Auburn.  They asked for one million dollars, then reduced it to a quarter of a million.  When Karen Sypher tried to extort money from Pitino, she was sentenced to seven years in prison.  How is this any different?

Just more of the same junk. We've been here and paid the price for this. Someone wants to use it for nefarious purposes and someone else wants another 15 seconds of fame. Much ado about not a darn thing.

I am confident some turd paid the br reporter and ER to get this out now. 

I was just thinking the same thing.

Will someone be talking to Albert Means? I'm sure there's a story there.  >:(

As my mother always told me. If you don't have anything good to say about someone then just don't aay anything at all. That's the road I'm going to take on this subject.

Sounds like that dirtbag blames everyone else for things that HE did. WOW!!!! If you ever heard the tapes HE was the one always asking for help for his family. As big a pos as has ever walked the earth IMO!

The story going around and printed at the time (I was a student and had the pleasure of graduating with Twilitta) Was Eric was angry because Coach Dye did not or would not tell the NFL teams Eric was a NFL caliber player.  Coach Dye said he built a good bit of trust with NFL guys and if he lied then the next time Auburn had a NFL caliber player who was overlooked the NFL would not take him at his word.

He was indeed the one doing the asking. He asked a family member, who is an AU Booster, for money. He was turned down by my family member, and in retrospect, that was a good decision, although a difficult one at the time.

It's not just that he called and begged for money,to keep his car from being repossed,or for food,to feed his family.But,he recorded the conversations-which he intiated.Then it was'nt enough for him to report it to the NCAA,he took it all the way to Congress.All the while representing himself as the victim!You can tell how I feel about him,I will NEVER care to hear his excuses!       :devil:

Archived